3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

While I understand this is an extremely respected perfume, sorry to say it smells – extremely DATED. This is very dry and smells like those decorative white bathroom soaps. I feel guilty for saying since I realize its reputation but this is so musty smelling. Nothing fresh, alive or floral just a dusty smell like that old school Vita E hair spray. Maybe it’s me and I lack the finesse to appreciate this classic but this is not something I could ever wear.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I have worn this for a decade, cannot replace it for the world. Very distinct, powerful, chic. People literally stop you on the street to ask about it. Nothing comes close. The queen of frangrances.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

This is the scent of a blonde femme fatale in a classic Hollywood film noir like Barbara Stanwyck's character in "Double Indemnity" or a blonde femme fatale from a Hollywood neo noir film like Patricia Arquette's character in "Lost Highway." Both classic and modern, sexy, dreamy, a total sex pot scent. My signature.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

Norma Desmond in "Sunset Blvd" wore tuberose perfume. I imagine it was Fracas. Love her, love Fracas.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

This is Lana Turner in a bottle. A young, sexy and sensual blonde in a film noir. There is nothing "old lady" in this at all, to me it's so creamy and lush. I wore it to acting class and I think it seduced absolutely everyone. Very expensive but I'll never be without it. Love love love.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

The queen of Tuberose! Swirling! as someone else commented. A boom of white flowers. Sephora was selling this a while back and I aquired the roller ball edp for about $25.00. I love it. I can see where some might think it smells cheap and old fashioned. I like when it mellows down and turns musky, my skin tends to turn scents musky in a good way, I was told it smells nice. I wish Sephora would bring it back. It is very expensive everywhere else, even on ebay I can't find the roller ball. Would love a full bottle, I might have to splurge on this one.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

UPDATE 7/12/16: I now appreciate this fragrance. It is very strong with good sillage. I like to mix it with Alien. I have received numerous compliments. It is nice. Absolutely Disappointed. I should have listened to the reviewers who said this is a strong gardenia smell and old-ladyish and cheap. It is horrid. I was so excited I thought I was going to fall in love but it lacks finesse, complexity and beauty. It in fact smells like some cheap candle from Wal Mart. I can't wait to get rid of this. It is awful how women flock to certain things because celebrities wear it. This is crap. Dior Blooming Bouquet is perfection for those who love beautiful florals.

About reviewer (148 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

Fracas is the kind of perfume that will make you really work on your adjectives. "Sexy" doesn't even begin to cut it. "Sensual" is better, but lacks dynamism. Fracas smells like what I would imagine an anime magical girl transformation sequence to smell like: swirling, flower-heavy femininity, perfectly distilled and turned up to eleven. It's like taking all the energy in the ocean and channeling it through tons of white flowers. It's like every tuberose in the world bottled together with its shadow. It will fill your space in waves. You only need one spray to enter the dream state.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

It is expensive but worth it (parfum is $125 for .25 oz.). I don't care for many perfumes, and it took me about five years of searching to find Fracas. I am not good at describing scents, I can only say that I feel amazing after I apply a dab of this. A little goes a long way.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

Fracas has swept me off my feet since the first time I tried it which is the last thing I expected because: a. I'm - ermm, was - a self proclaimed tuberose hater (foolish girl) b. I hated Truth or Dare with a burning passion (well, I still do but I just like my tuberose fresh and natural, not drowned in syrup and coated with sugar, thank you very much) So let me tell you, Fracas was SO NOT what I had been expecting! I expected a dense wall of tuberose, a huge moody, diva-esque big bold white floral, a more glam Amarige or an amplified EL Tuberose Gardenia at least. What surprised me most is how bright and luminous it smells. NO moodiness or extreme thickness whatsoever. Must be the hyacinth, green notes, osmanthus, bergamot, peach, mandarin and vetiver that make it so effervescent. Also I get the narcissus and orange blossom but thankfully they don't steal the show. The sweetness here is so playful, not vanillic or honeyed, but strangely borderline bubblegum-like. I'm very curious to try Bubblegum Chic by James Heeley now. I just can't believe it was formulated in 1948! Fracas smells much more modern than retro to me, more girly than femme fatale-esque, evokes more of a playful wink rather than an enigmatic smile but it's still elegant, do you get my drift? Anyway, there are not huge changes towards the drydown, it just gets more subdued and grounded as the sparkle fades out but it's still very much a sweet, pretty and happy bouquet of flowers. A very smooth and well blended one too. Sillage and longevity are very good here. Since then I have started exploring the realm of tuberose but no other seems to get it that right and straight to the point; Versace Blonde had some heady narcissus going on and there was more powdery/soapy, Do Son and Nuit de Tubereuse were just too demure along with Chasse aux Papillons and its large dose of orange blossom, Carnal Flower was very natural but intensely green, Tubereuse Criminelle was very dramatic but unwearble for me and Beyond Love turned out quite sweet, fruity and beachy. Fracas is a beautiful scent, full of life and well deserving to be called one of the classics. Try it when you have the chance.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age25-29