Alba Botanica Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel

Alba Botanica Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel

3.6

Not tested on animals

Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium myreth sulfate, soyamide DEA, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, vegetable glycerin, extracts of algae, sea lettuce, kelp, irish moss and kelp, grapefruit and green tea leaf extracts, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, citric acid and fragrance .5/23/09

First, let me say that I'm not sure if I would re-purchase this or not. If I found an amazing deal, maybe. It did a great job at cleansing my face, including removing makeup, but the scent is awful and bothers my lungs. Now that being said, if I use it in the shower I can handle it. Since it did such a nice job cleansing, it would be worth using again if I found it at a discounted price. PROS: good cleanser, removed makeup, nice packaging, reasonable price if smell doesn't bother you. CONS: scent is bothersome and irritates my lungs unless I use it in the shower.

on 7/17/2013 9:22:00 PM

Great basic gel cleanser for normal - combo skin. I can't use anything with sal. acid right now but this still manages to get my skin clean without drying it out. A toner may be needed afterwards for heavy makeup. Has calming ingredients to minimize irritation.

Good price point.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a good cleanser, especially for the price. The pump packaging is handy because I just leave this in the shower. I like the scent, and the way it foams. It's probably the best cleanser I've used that you can buy at Target, and the price is relatively cheap.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nasty stuff! First of all, cleansing my face with this stuff was an absolute dread. The smell is very strong (like men's cologne) and it foams so much that it gets into your nostrils and mouth even if just a tiny amount was used. I wouldn't mind all this if it was actually effective. It dried out my skin big time (the corners of my mouth hurt when I opened my mouth after washing my face with this stuff) and I never felt like it rinsed clean. And this is primarily supposed to even your skin tone but in all honestly it did nothing for my acne marks. It also gave me little bumps all over my face. So bottom line, I was left with oily, parched, bumpy skin. I really doubt the ingredients in this stuff do any good. They just decided to throw in a bunch of exotic oils (which probably contributed to the bumps all over my face) as the primary ingredients and then add in a bunch a fragrance and drying alcohol and whatever else. All in all, ew...stay away from this stuff. I'm going back to my beloved Cetaphil.

PROS: Is supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to help correct uneven tone and it does help with that. Good suds to clean well. Doesn't bother my rosacea/sensitive skin as much as most lightening/evening products do. Natural ingredients.

CONS: May not be good for dry skin (but they have a cleansing milk.) Scent is strong. They took the beach smell and went somewhere a little different with it. This product doesn't smell as good as the other products in the "Advanced" line. It almost smells like men's cologne. ******EDIT: Ended up bothering my rosacea too much.

ALTERNATES: When my skin is more sensitive, I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash. For gentle but effective skin lightening, I love Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase Skin Tone Perfecting Serum.

on 3/4/2011 1:26:00 AM

Does what a cleanser should do-- it cleans without making my skin worse. No miracles. It's very mild. I love the way it foams and the way it smells. Lasts a long time. I found it on vitacost.com for under $6.

on 1/8/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I have used this regularly for several years. My skin is very sensitive and it does not cause me to break out. It says it gently foams and this is true--it's just right. To my nose the smell is neutral and mild and does not linger. What I like best about this cleanser is the way it makes my skin feel--clean but not dried out.

This is the only cleanser that works well for me. I have tried using other cleansers and I always seem to come back to this one. Cleans well and does not make my dry skin worse.

on 8/18/2010 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Made my skin break out. Horribly. I know because this was the only change I made to my skincare routine and I haven't been eating sweets (which make me break out). If you have sensitive skin like me, avoid. I should have known since this stuff is loaded with fragrance (and not a good smelling one, either).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love that this is a good for you, good for the planet product. It works well for every day cleansing, lathers well, removes makeup, etc. The scent took a little getting used to but I will definitely repurchase.