Maybelline New York Colorama - Vampire Seduction

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vampire Seduction is a shimmery dark plum. I actually bought this years ago and I still have the nail polish. It used to be my favourite colour, until I got my hands on Chanel's Rouge Noir and recently, I thought I'd pick it up again and try and finish it off. It's a cheap nail polish so it really isn't very opaque on the first layer. The brush is quite fat and a little difficult to work with. I love the name though.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Of course, I was suckered by the name. This is cheap, as in very low quality. The color's fabulously gorgeous, but Essie and OPI also make virtually identical polishes for only a few dollars more, and with those you get the quality associated with the brands. Vampire Seduction went on blotchy, took forever to dry, and chipped within sixteen hours. The brush was fat and globby and squished out everywhere. Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Vampire Seduction is a very, very dark wine-red colour. It's a bit too dark against my pale skin--once you have three coats on, it looks darker than it does in the bottle. I probably wouldn't put this on my fingernails again, but it might work on my toenails.

BTW, I bought this because I thought it looked like a match for the colour I had my toenails painted at my last pedicure (OPI's Berry Berry Broadway). It's not a perfect match, though--it's a couple of shades darker. continued >>

Popular Polishes