MAC Amplified Creme - Chatterbox

MAC Amplified Creme - Chatterbox

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Lanolin Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Silica, Polydecene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3, Alumina, Linoleic Acid, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 28, Red 30, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC 35 and I could never find that perfect pink lipstick that did not make me feel gawdy. Then I stumbled upon The Body Shop's Lipstick in 225 and I was absolutely in love with it. My only problem was the formula was too slippery. I have been trying to find a similar color ever since. (It's rare for me to want a pink lipstick. I usually go for corals)

Chatterbox is the perfect color and formula. The smell is not overpowering (like the TBS lippies) and the amplified formula is just so opaque. I love this lippie. I found my perfect pink!

on 1/2/2016 8:33:00 PM

I recently bought this because I love the girl about town longevity, however, this shade did not suit me at all. I'm nc30 in Mac and my sister is nc25.... It just looked too light and barbie-ish on us both. The only saving grace is using a darker coloured lip liner to alter the shade!

To Read all 147 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/14/2015 6:12:00 AM

It's a nice everyday pink. A little lighter than I normally like, but it goes on very smooth and looks good on.

on 11/11/2015 11:57:00 PM

Chatterbox is a perfect every-day pink lipstick, which is slightly bright in colour but still somewhat muted. It has an amplified formula so the colour applies opaquely and brightly. It has warm undertones and looks lovely on my NC20 skin. It brightens up the face and is a great way to add a pop of colour to your outfit without making you look over-done or clashing with your clothes. It is a great colour that can be worn for day and then jazzed up for night. I absolutely love this colour, it is a go-to and I love to have it on hand. It is very pretty and girly. I would recommend this as a staple for every girl.

on 10/23/2015 5:33:00 AM

Sad to say, among my 9 MAC lipsticks to date, this is the one I pick up the least.

Don't get me wrong, Chatterbox is a very pretty color. Midtone bright Barbie pink that is somewhat muted. I loved the swatches. I loved the way it looked on others. But applied on me, I don't know... it doesn't look special at all. It doesn't wash me out but it's not flattering either. You know the feeling when you want to love something but it just doesn't work to your satisfaction? Yeah, that's how Chatterbox fares for me. Fyi, I have fair to medium skin with yellow undertones.

Personally, I think this will work best on pale-fair skin, or those with cool undertones.

on 3/17/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great Barbie pink for my coloring (Lighter than NW15). It's bright enough to avoid being a pastel, while light enough to be soft and feminine. It's creamy, but because of the lightness, I find applying straight out of the tube can lead to some unevenness. Using a lip brush to really work the product into the lips remedies this, though.

on 2/15/2015 7:43:00 PM

This lipstick is 'nice'. There's nothing that stands out about it IMO. Wouldnt buy it again for that reason. On my lips it works as a sort of pinky coral peach... But I was disappointed by the fact that it looks verrrry similar to impassioned :( which I already have in my make up bag, and I hate the thought of having two products that are the same, especially since Mac is not cheap.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

MAC Lipstick get an automatic 2 stars in my book for great lasting power, affordability, and consistent texture. I am not very pleased with this shade. On my skin tone it looks like raspberry gelato - this happens to match a silk blouse of mine perfectly and that is the only time this lipstick works for me. I will not repurchase. Too berry looking.

For me this looks like a coral nude next to my pale skin and when used with subculture liner. On its own is a vibrant coral with a slight pink to it but not as extreme as viva glam nicki. I wear this everyday or use it with a little flamingo lipstick in the centre of my lips and florabundance liner on top of that, harmony blush and a dark brown smokey eye for a nighttime look. Or I use subculture and mix with a little please me lipstick to make it last longer and to make it more subdued. I will repurchase as it is a different take on the nude lip look or brightens up boring everyday make up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of mt favorite mac lipstick. My go to lipstick especially for a simple day time look. Barbie pinkish kind of lipstick tgat has blue undertone on it and suit most skintones. I get a lot of compliments everytime i wear this. And it glides very smoothly even without applying lip balm underneath. Will definitely repurchase this one!