MAC Dark Angel

on 11/14/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Medium/deep plum purple glossy polish. It doesn't chip easily and it doesn't need a top coat to look finished. Very sexy, intriguing shade.

on 5/14/2013 6:19:00 AM

Find this quite streaky at first, but works better and is more true to colour when a base coat and top coat are used. I use nails inc soho silk base coat, with seche vite quick drying top coat. The end product once its dry is stunning! Works for me!

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/30/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Teflon tuff. Beautiful deep purple that elicits compliments from a lot of people. Love.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been using China Glaze for a while, but to get "bottle optic" color I needed a base cost, two coats of white, two or three coats of color and two top coats of fast dry/gloss. Sure, it was gorgeous but holy catfish, that's a lot of work - kinda therapeutic, but really. When I got this polish, I did that same thing on one hand and just two coats of color and the MAC dryer/gloss - even after a week long test, I couldn't tell the difference. MAC has always bragged how very pigmented their products are and I must say, this lives up to those claims. No chips, no wear, just color. But I DO think the CG dryer/gloss is shiner, but it does like two coats. And MAC does give you 10ml versus 5ml, so it's really not that bad, if you like the color, that is - lol

- Sharon

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to splurge and I've been looking for a dark purple that does not look black when using 2 or 3 coats. The price was way more than I would normally pay for a nail polish but I treated myself when ordering some things from Macy's recently. First of all, the brush had a couple mutant strands that had to be trimmed off before using. I used a Sally Hansen base coat first, let dry, then applied one coat of Dark Angel. I am LOVING IT. One nice coat covered well with very little streaking. It dried rather quickly to a nice shiny finish. I will put on another coat today and then follow with a clear coat. I probably won't buy again but might try another Mac polish in the future if I need to pamper myself. In quality, this polish compares to the Nailwear Pro line by Avon, however, their plum color turns black. In price, Mac is about $10 more than Avon's.
Addition: Went to put on a second coat tonight. The fibers on the brush are sticking out all over the place. What's with that? I could use the brush but was a bit miffed that I spent the bucks for this? The color does good glossy and awesome. Used Revlon Quick Dry after second coat to ensure drying before I had to put on coat to go put up daughter from b-ball. That stuff works great.

on 10/11/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this polish. I only had to use 2 coats unlike the other reviewers that had to use 3. It was streaky after one coat, but after two it evened out. I used a base and top coat. The color is lighter than the jar. I love it though, vampy, and not to crazy for work! I gave the packaging only 3 because I don't think MAC's polish package is the best, they don't close very tight. Mine was cheap because I picked it up at the CCO. If I needed to, I would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this colour, it's a little darker than the bottle colour, a smooth creamy purple. It works very well on shorter nails and manages to avoid looking too understated or OTT like some dark polishes can.

I'vejust bought my second bottle and I've noticed that the texture is a bit thinner, which means being a little more careful with application, but even by the end of the previous bottle it hadn't thickened too much to use. So for me it seems a good comprimise, I've already thrown out enough bottles that got too thick and lumpy to apply with half of the product still left in them.

on 1/16/2010 7:39:00 AM

The color looks exactly like in the bottle but you need to apply 3 coats, otherwise its very streaky! (I haven't had this with any other polish!) The result is a beautiful, opaque dark purple with no shimmer, which I like. Stayed on ok, did not chip faster than my other polishes (with base+topcoat).

on 5/4/2009 8:26:00 PM

awful.

It doesnt look anything like the color advertised when on the nail. I had to do ATLEAST 3 coats, wait forever for it to dry, and have it chip the very next day and for $11!!! no, no, no.

I will never buy MAC nail polish, EVER again.

on 12/29/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A lovely dark purple/plum colour, nice on shorter nails. Can come out streaky on the first coat but by the second layer it disappears. Adorable

Popular Polishes