Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene  Soothing Moisture Mask
Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

I have used many tubes of these for my dry , sensitive skin .its a life saver whenever my skin is too dry ! I found the best way of using this mask is put on a thick layer , then go shower .. u can even add fresh paper on top to helps skin absorb the mask ! This definitely my favourite moisturising mask on the market . Somehow is a bit pricy for all time use ... hkd 240 for 50 ml. Hope they have a bigger bottle for better price :)

I bought this mask for my dry skin- wesring maekup daily had turned my skin to a tight scaley mess.
This mask was great because it applies just like a thick moisturiser. Within 30 minutes it was all sunk in. I prefer this type than the wash off cos I feel like wash off masks dont get enough time to do much if you then cleanse immediately after.
Would recommend this product as an effective moisture boost and would buy again!

on 1/23/2017 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I suffer from eczema and extremely dry skin. This might work for those with normal to slightly dry skin but it hardly did anything for me. I also didn't enjoy the thick, sticky texture. It did not cause irritation and has no fragrance. There are better masks in the market.

on 11/6/2016 7:18:00 AM

I like to follow up exfoliating masks with moisturizing ones. This mask does the job. It feels like a fluffy calming blanket and moisturizes well. I need to rinse it after 20-30 minutes or I'll get breakouts. I am searching for something lighter so I can leave the mask on during the night.

on 10/27/2016 8:24:00 AM

The best moisture mask I have ever tried and I have tried many, it doesnt break me out and can be left on as a moisturiser or used as a mask. i used this a couple of times a week when I am having a hot bath, I generously apply this to my cleansed face and leave it on until it is completely absorbed, my thirsty skin drinks this mask up and it leaves my skin gleaming, amazing product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have owned this mask now for two weeks and the first time I used it I wasn't overly excited about it, I felt like it was just a standard lotion consistency mask. BUT, oh I was fooled. I have used this mask day and evening 3 days in a row, mainly because I feel my skin has been reacting to a cleanser I also purchased 2 weeks ago and have stopped using.
This mask is cooling instantly after applying which feels amazing when my skin on my chin can feel itchy or sore like seriously this stuff is the bomb. Yes it is moisturising also but I use this product simply for the cooling and soothing effect it gives to my skin. I follow up with the Skin Recovery Cream also by avene mixed with Trilpogy Rosehip oil on an evening.
I would definitely recommend to acne-prone skinned people, this stuff will be amazing and you will seriously see a difference in the angriness of those pesky cyst like demons!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love love love LOVE this product! This is one of my skin care essentials since 2015. I usually would scrub my face, and then apply my clay mask, and follow up by this mask. The consistency is almost like moisturiser, but more runny like lotion. I would apply a generous amount on my face and then leave it on for 15-20 minutes before wiping it off with damp tissue. Although I'd say the rinsing part takes a while and could be messy, it's really worth it. If you are expecting something that will give you an instant result, then I wouldn't recommend this one, because it took me about a month (8 applications) to really see the difference. My skin feels smoother, softer, and there is less irritation around my problematic areas. Overall, I highly recommend this product for those with sensitive-normal skin. If you are like me, and you some how have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend using clay mask before applying this, because it helps me a lot!

on 7/10/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is gold! My skin is super sensitive and usually on the dry side and this mask before bedtime and my face is glowy and healthy the next morning.
It even cured my acid burn which i got after using too much glycolic acid.
If you want something that'll pump the moisture right in your face, look no further.
I also love that you don't have to take it off but can just massage it in and there's no residue left on the skin.

I have reasonably sensitive skin and found that it made the areas applied to break out in rash. I have never experienced this from face products before so I have no idea what happened, but if you have sensitive skin I recommend giving this one a miss.

on 3/8/2016 10:14:00 AM

Tried this on my rosacea skin, and it didn't do much to moisturise. Stings a little and the fragrance gave me a headache. Supposed to wipe off excess with a tissue or cloth, but it's not smtg I usually do. Not easy to wash it off. Leaves a residue afterwards.