The Body Shop Eye Kohl Black

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I got the black one from a friend as part of a gift. I haven't owned a regular black eyeliner in years (I always use eyeshadow or liquid eyeliner), and I was pleasantly surprised. It is extremely black and easy to use. It also stays on all day with zero smudging. Very happy with this and would buy another one if I ever run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found the crayon very hard and had to soften it for it to even make a mark. The colour pay off was minimal, more dark grey than jet black. By afternoon, it had smuged. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This product has been a staple in my makeup collection for over five years. What an amazing eyeliner.

It glides on so smoothly and easily. It has a definite black colouring, which is also soft, yet thick. Most importantly, this eyeliner stays on and unmoved all night.

I wear a variety of makeup shades from everyday at-work natural to a night time smokey shadow. Whatever the occasion this eyeliner exceeds all expectations.

I am so lucky I have found an eyeliner that is perfect and not expensive - so I can buy it over and over again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have used this product in Taupe, so this review will be for that shade.

I've owned this eyeliner for around four years now, and it is the absolutely best shade+formula I've come across. It's a deep, cool brown, distinctly non-black, creamy yet very long-wearing. Makes my blue eyes pop, defines without looking unnatural. Great worn lightly on a "no makeup" day since it really does only look like you have unusually dense lashes.

This is my no:1 favourite makeup product, a real lifesaver to add definition when you're short on time. Can't recommend it enough!

this is not a really dark black i love really dark ones but that wasnt one of them and after 2 hours i cant see it on it gets smudeged and gone easilt im sure im not gna buy it again

Bit pricey but great soft formula for lining the eyes, stays on and a little smudge at the end of the day but not much.

This wore off me in under one hour! I applied it, then went through the rest of my routine, quickly checked my reflection 45 minutes later as I was dashing out the door and was so terribley irked to find that all the I had left was a bit of a smudge around the rim of my lower lid, and not even a properly black smudge at that! Wholly disapointing.

I've been using this eyeliner for nearly three years so I guess I can say I know what I'm talking about! I own it in black and brown, and with both shades it reacts pretty similarly.

This eyeliner is soft and cakey, it creates a perfect smokey eyed look as it blends so well with a bit of warmth or a cotton bud. Its also good for sensitive skin and will not irritate your eye if you sleep in it. It comes off easily with eyemakeup remover but has a fair holdability during rainy weather - which is always good :]

However, I find that this eyeliner is impossible in the summer months, or at any other point when its slightly hotter eg. inside a club. The eyeliner simply has no staying power on sweaty or slightly oily skin and you will end up with it running down your eyes or creasing at the corners. When this happes its easy to wipe off your skin with your fingers, but on a night out this is obviously unpreferable as you often have concealer or foundation on which comes off in the process...

Having said this, I am one of them all-nighter girls who often 'forgets' (is too drunk) to take off my makeup before I go to bed. In the mornings I therefore wake to this 'run-down-my-face' kind of look, but by using my finger to wipe off the excess I am left with an adorable smudgey line.

It all depends on the person really - if you're super fussy about perfect lines and durability, than I would not recommend this for you. But if you don't care too much and can take a bit of unplanned smudgeing witha smile than to The Body Shop you go!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! its so easy to apply and the design is so simple yet beautiful. It stays long and worth every dollar. this is my new bff! definitely a go for me! :)
xoxo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

really dark and soft black eyeliner but price is double if u think other brand .No irritations it creates to my sensive eyes