3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I am trying quite hard not to get my hopes up about this product, but let me share my experiences thus far with you anyway in case this information might help you. My skin is problematic to say the least. I've been battling cystic acne for the last four years and cycling through a regimen of various creams, pills, and peels hoping to clear up my skin and get rid of my facial scarring. For the last several months, my skin started to get really dry and flaky when it is normally oily. I tried Skin Food (and reviewed it) and it made my skin a pimply mess and did little to combat flakes. Then, I moved on to Chagrin Valley's facial mousse which I liked but went through far too quickly and it ended up being a touch too greasy to wear in the day. I purchased Dermadoctor's Physical Chemistry scrub, hoping the finer granules would ease the dry patches around my mouth and nose. No such luck. I finally quit using any type of acne products, trying to curb the drying, since the flakes were grosser than the pimples. If you're reading this and you have bad skin like me, you're probably familiar with the feeling of desperation of trying to get your face to look normal, combined with a feeling of being resigned to looking like crap. It is a disheartening experience. NOW, enter this cream. I purchased it from iHerb when I had to buy a few other things, figuring the $15 was a small price to pay in order to try to fix my skin. I've been using it for close to a month and I'm amazed. As I said before, I stopped using any acne medication (I've been using retinol) and just began using this morning and night. I'm blown away by how quickly my skin has improved. The cream is VERY rich but it did take some time for my dryness to go away completely. More surprising, I've been breakout free since I've started using it...breakout free even during my most recent period, a classic time for my face to become a warzone. I've noticed that the redness on my cheeks has improved, though scarring remains. I'm hoping that this recent bout of clear skin isn't a fluke and is instead a result of the skin renewing properties of the cream. However, I remain cautious because with my skin tends to plateau with certain products after a while and I need to rotate what I use. Because of the great results I've seen with this--and the awesome smell--I'm hoping to use this for as long as possible. It is avaliable fairly widely now too, at Target and WalMart alike. Like other reviewers, I would like to see this in a pump one day to ensure the potency and cleanliness of the product, but since I always wash my hands before touching my face, I'm always dipping clean fingers into the product. I know this review was a little long, but I do hope this can help someone with similar skin, or even someone with great skin who just wants an affordable, nourishing facial cream.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I am on to my 5th tub... love it. First time I have continuously repurchased a moisturiser in 26 years. Ran out, and switched to nivea in the meantime... broke out in 3 days. Went back to this, and my skin is glowing and lovely... love it. Just right.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

8 years ago

I have been using this product for about 4 months. I really love this cream. It has a great, calming citrus smell which i really like. If you don't like citrus or strong smelling facial product then i would not recommend this. I have combination oily and very acne-prone AND sensitive skin, it works great and never break out my skin. I calm, moisturize, reduce redness and treat my skin. I started using it in August or so, when my skin was oily but did not break me out. I massage it all over my face and neck after washing my face with the cleanser in the same line. When i wake up, i get well moisturized (but never oily) skin and my face was even-toned without any pumps or redness. Also leaves my skin very smooth and soft. It is in November now and it is very cold here in VA, i find that it does not moisturize as much as i want to anymore so i put bio-oil on first and it works amazing. Will buy this again.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

I have acne-prone skin and use this. It's amazing. It doesn't break me out and it calms my skin. I found it on clearance for 5 dollars. I'm going to be sad when I run out but I'm willing to pay full price. This is the only moisturizer I've found that works with my severe acne skin.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2.0
from

9 years ago

Gives my face a nice glow. But it breaks me out and my skin doesn't feel moisturized after I put it on.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

This is my favorite cream. I apply this after my sunscreen. so we all know that sunscreen makes us looks as white as a banshee. so i usually do my hair and let the sunscreen absorb (20 min,.) in the mean time. this is where the magical cream comes in I use this cream (putting small dots on my entire face and neck) to add the 'color' back into my skin. it comes right back from ghostly ghastly white to radiant bright and healthy. as if im not wearing anything at all. you dont need a lot really. and you get a generous 2oz for 20 dollars. i smooth this into my face then i use a tissue (folding it into four) to lightly smooth away the excess moisture and shine. i love this.--In the night especially around winter when my skin is its driest, i use this to combat the cold, it really helps those frozen nights) 5 stars out of 5!! i Will give a WARNING though.. check the packaging before you buy this product. I went to CVS one time and the whole Vit. C line was on sale for about 5-6 dollars off what they normally retail for and i had a coupon for additional savings i thought to myself HECK yesSS!!! who can't resist that? the package was very dusty (what the heck CVS) and it looked really old and ehh, (now that i think about it why did i even buy it, that shouldve sent up HUGE red flags) but i was like whatever i'll only pay 10 dollars for it. so i bought it and took it home, when i opened it to put it on that night it looked a bit discolored, almost a yellow orange, when really the cream from my previous almost empty jar was white.(obviously oxidized right?) i returned it the next day and argued with the pharmacist telling her that the vitamin c in this product was bad and detrimental to skin in its -non-fresh- state. (she refused to give me a refund and accused me of lying about the cream --as if i had used it up and wanted to return it for money--) i even went to get another box of the cream and opened that package to find an EMPTY jar!!!! :O how dare they stock an empty jar and try to sell it !! eventually i got a stOopid CVS credited card instead of a refund -_- i came back a few weeks later just to check the soaps and i noticed that the package had tamper-stickers on the boxes. HA! trying to jip us hard working customers out of our money, but i'm much more clever than that. but whatever, im never buying from CVS again. (well that line anyway) But i digress.... my main point is if the store doesnt have any problem with it, open the box package and make sure the actual product doesnt look too iffy.... (the jar itself should come with a plastic seal when you first open it) the cream should be white, not dark yellow or some other color.For that reason i take caution, heed my words! i hope this never happens to anyone else. I'll buy it from Whole Foods from now on thanks... or even Wal-mart... But anyway bottom line, great cream! inexpensive for the amount and effect you get, WILL repurchase again and again EDIT: check my avalon organics serum review for a warning about Orange oil. On accident one time i picked up the Oil Free Moisturizer catered towards Normal to Oily skin and i do love that one much more. It's bit more slippy then this (this is a very thick cream) which is perfect if you feel this is too heavy. My mom likes the renewal cream (for normal to dry skin) and although im pretty dry myself i like the Oil-Free version for Normal to Oily) there's no difference in packaging or even in product really, i checked. It just has a bit more slip which i find makes it easier to spread and melt into the skin. Both are still great products. (this isnt really oil-free it still contains orange essential and other essential oils)

About reviewer (159 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

I did have a positive review, but have since had to reconsider. This cream has really done nothing for my face after more than a month of use. It leaves my skin feeling dryer than normal and made the lines around my eyes more noticeable. I had to discontinue use as it was causing the skin around my nose to sting. I have begun to use Loreal Hydra-Renewal. Not as natural as I was wanting, but something to do in a pinch until I can find a better organic replacement.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I cannot say enough good things about this product, especially used with the serum and toner. I have extremely dry, flaky skin, and I've tried every single moisturizer out there in hopes of making my skin feel semi-normal so I could wear makeup without looking like someone put a pound of skin-colored baby powder on my face. My mother bought me the lotion and serum for Christmas cause she knew I was struggling with dry skin, acne scars, redness, etc. I was a little skeptic but I tried it anyway and LOVED it. I bought the toner a few weeks later and use it every once in a while. I don't know if these products have fragrance or if it's just citrus oil that makes it smell that way, but every time I apply this it's SO strong and that's the only thing I dislike, but it goes away in minutes. I have awful redness and acne scarring, and this has helped tremendously. PLEASE go buy it if you have extremely dry flaky skin that is embarrassing. The toner isn't a necessity, but the serum + lotion used together are amazing. This is a life-saving product, and I have NEVER said that about any of the millions of moisturizers I've tried. THe vitamin c in this helps so much with lightening my scars!!!!!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I have to say, I really love this stuff. Of all of the daily moisturizers that I've tried, this has to be my favorite. I apply it each morning before sunscreen and makeup, and it makes my face look flushed and glowy. It can sting the first couple of times that you use it, but it's very temporary. The main reason that I love this stuff is because it's super hydrating in cold weather, without making my face look greasy or oily. My skin soaks it up about 5 minutes after application and stays moisturized all day. I also love that I'm using a product with vitamin C! Highly recommend!

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Just went through my first tub of this stuff. (It only lasts about 2 months w/ 2x daily use, so keep that in mind.) I'm going to be honest, I just wanted something healthy for my skin and didn't actually read up on Vit. C products until later. About two weeks after I started using this product, I looked in the mirror and thought my skin looked surprisingly fresh and bright. About a day or two later, I suddenly remembered that I started using this cream and that was what this product was SUPPOSED to do. I was so happy that it was noticeable and wasn't due to the placebo effect (since I wasn't looking for it). To people whom are used to heavier creams, this cream feels surprisingly light and spreads/sinks very easily. It smells heavily of citrus, which is appropriate and expected, but the smell goes away pretty rapidly so I don't think it's a huge problem (in case anyone doesn't like citrus). Also, I haven't broken out or experienced any weird skin problems, so definitely no complaints there. :) However, the hydration isn't all that great (especially for winter). It works just fine for me because I have oily skin and don't need a ton of hydration, but I can see people with dry skin or others whom thought they were getting a heavy facial cream being disappointed in this product.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm