3.8

price range

Reviews

from

7 years ago

95% of the time I use an oil-free moisturizer because although my face could stand a little, I've just been afraid to use one with oil in it because I didn't want my face to break out or something. This creme proved me wrong. It's not very heavy although it did feel so the first couple times I used it because I'd been using oil-free for so long, and it moisturized without clogging my pores; I've been at it for 3 weeks and no pimples yet! It smells divine, like fresh oranges, and other people will notice too-- my boyfriend asked me why my face smelled so good. As for the brightening part, I don't see a difference, probably because I'm only 19 and a change would be more noticeable on mature skin. I think this would be too heavy in the summer for others who like an oil-free formula too, but for fall/winter, this is pretty good stuff. EDIT: I don't think I'll repurchase. For about 10 minutes after I apply it makes feel tight and it's finally eaten away at me enough-- it does contain alcohol. Time to find a new moisturizer.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I love this stuff, for how long it does last, the price is not expensive at all, i have now been using this for 7 months and i am NOW almost out. i use it every morning and night. the packaging kindof sucks, but its not hard to get around by using a q-tip to scoop the product out(which is what i have been doing) i have very oily skin. but when i bought this my skin was SEVERELY dried out. i had dry flaky patches all over my face but mainly concentrated on my cheeks, under my nose and chin area. they were very sore and some got so bad they would bleed. i tried every moisturizer i could to try to get rid of the dryness (along with exfoliation) but i had no clue what to look for because i had never had this problem before(due to my very oily skin) this product alone did not cure my dry, flaky skin, but it did help and it did not further irritate skin. i really like this stuff and i continue to use it every day, my skin absorbers its very quickly which, for me, is a plus because i have to leave early in the morning and i can wear it under my foundation without it being too oily or greasy. overall, i will be repurchasing this product again, because of how long it has lasted me and i truly believe it helps in my skincare routine :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

8 years ago

I love this cream! It smells so nice, like orange juice, and really makes my skin seem radiant and clear. Even in the winter, it kept my face nice and hydrated, and went well under sunscreen and makeup. It seems non-greasy, and hasn't given me any acne, even in acne prone spots. I love the formula of this cream so much. My one complaint is the packaging, just an open pot of cream that seems likely to let lots of bacteria and icky stuff in and let all the antioxidants and good stuff out.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Medium

8 years ago

Love this stuff. I was hesitant at first, because it is thick and I thought it would just break me out, but I was pleasantly surprised. I mix this with my presciption Retinol cream, and it seems to keep my skin calmed and balanced. Will continue to use once this is gone, however, it will take me awhile! PLUS, if you order from iherb.com, use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

8 years ago

I love it. Not only does it have fantastic ingredients but the smell is light and refreshing and it's buttery rich. Cost me $15 here in Canada.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

wow some mixed reviews on here about this one .... I personally liked it. It's very thick cream, i only use it at night (says it can be worn under makeup, tried that .... ummm that's a no.) I didn't get any breakouts and seems to help keep my skins moisture in balance. It did take me a few nights to get the hang of how much to use, use to much you get, best way i can think to describe it is a film and if you rub your hand against your face little wax balls. Really just takes a small amount i think it helps create a barrier on my skin so it doesn't get dried out. Downfall is i guess i want miracles lol, i didn't notice any improvement in firmness or decress in lines. I think the overall texture of my skin is better though. I'll use the rest of the jar for sure, i would repurchase unless i find something better.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

8 years ago

Too drying and there are tons of streaks on my face after I apply it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0
from

8 years ago

In need for a good night cream which would deal with my winter dryness as well I picked this up from Whole Foods. I am all for natural ingredients and was hoping this cream would do wonders. I used to for 2 weeks or so and my skin looked terrible.The 1st time I applied the creme there was a stinging sensation which subsided and I didn't feel it later. That said, the creme is quite dry and looks like a creme gone rancid when you apply it. You can see white streaks and you have to keep rubbing till your skin absorbs it. For my normal skin with a very little oily t zone, this creme was too drying. To top it all I had whole lot of blackheads on my nose and my face looked blotchy, red, with enlarged pores... I didn't like this product , though it smelled great and it's sitting on my shelf as a $23 waste. This creme might be good for some one with very oily skin but for dry skin and sensitive skin, I don't think this creme would work.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

Great smell, like fresh oranges. I personally did not see any difference in my skin after using this but my skin did not react badly to this. It is very enjoyable applying this because of its great scent. I am not a big fan of the packaging as it requires you to dig your fingers in it but that probably contributed to the lower price too. It is rather thick and moisturizing but did not break me out or anything so it is a big plus. I might purchase it again though not anytime soon since I really did not notice any change to my skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

8 years ago

As I just picked up my second jar of this moisturizer, I thought I would finally give a review. It is a two-thumbs up experience for me, so far. What I like about this one is the fact that it's organic. This seems to be the year I'm trying organic products, if only out of curiosity. It has a very light orange fragrance that eventually disapates. It feels great being rubbed into my face and neck. It absorbs nicely leaving a subtle sheen. That being said, it works lovely under foundation or concealer without breaking up my makeup. I have seen this one advertised in many locations at $19.99; however, I picked one up at my local Kroger supermarket for just $12.99. I get about a 3-mo. run from it using it every single day. I haven't tried any of the other Avalon products yet, but I really love this moisturizer--even more than I do my trusted Neutrogena line.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55