Burt's Bees Fig Lip Shimmer

Burt's Bees Fig Lip Shimmer
Fig Lip Shimmer

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/4/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Color of this balm is indeed lovely. As some have stated, similar to Clinique Black Honey.

However, I don't care for the texture - it is a bit too waxy for me - and most of all THE SMELL. It smells like some type of old people medication. . . . I guess it's just peppermint, but I don't care for mint. The smell doesn't dissipate, either.

I much prefer the formulation of the Burt's Tinted Lip Balm to this.

Also, it's a weensy amount of product in a cheap-looking container.

Will use, but won't buy again.

EDIT:
I ended up using nothing but this during a recent vacation and now I love it. Once I used a bit of it the waxiness wore off and the "medicated" aspect actually made my lips feel plump and moisturized. So I had to come back and upgrade my review. Also, I guess it's NOT that weensy since I have been using it for months and it's not gone yet! I still don't care for the container but that's a small issue.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

You'd think they would have updated this by now. At least put it in better packaging and give more product for your money. It retails for about $5 in most stores and all the really good shades were discontinued. You still can't wind the balm down, so if you have too much balm it gets stuck in the cap. It's also very soft and tends to be used quickly, and it doesn't tend to stay in your lip line--so beware of darker shades like Plum. If people weren't loyal to the brand, the minty feeling, or a certain shade I don't think these would sell at all. It's impossible to find Raisin now, so I went with Fig.

Years and years ago I bought a lip shimmer (think it wYas cocoa?) and hated it. It was chalky and way too opaque. I'm trying to go a bit more natural again in my products and decided to give these lip shimmers another try. Picked up fig and apricot.
Reviewed apricot separately.
Fig is a great colour! I am asian with light to mid-toned skin (I'm not super light, but try to stay out of the sun). I have very pigmented lips.
On me, fig is very pretty and complements my skin tone. It looks quite natural. It applies quite sheer and and the colour is buildable.
It's not too shimmery - I usually hate shimmer in lip product. This gives more of a sheen to your lips.
I like how it feels, quite moisturizing.
I also bought the burt's bees tinted lip balms which are nice too (gives more of a dewy look), but those don't last at all on the lips.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this color. It's like Clinique's Black Honey shade but without the purple undertone. It's a sheer brownish red. I love this and wear it 75% of the time. It works well with my dark brown hair and pal olive skin. It's sophisticated and slightly edgy. This color probably looks good on everyone,
I wish it had longer staying power so I only gave it 4 lips. I also wish it didn't have the mint smell and the tube screwed down but those things are pretty minor.

on 3/20/2013 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love Burt's Bees lip balm and this is that with colour - sold!
The best part about the original lip balm is the long last and the minty tingle. I have used and loved more natural balms but find they just don't last. So, when I want last, I'll hit the old fashioned kind of balm.
This is just like the original Burt's Bees yellow balm but with a warm, brownish red colour. A warm wine. Me only better. No shimmer. Definitely a near match for Clinique's Black Honey; I find this more moisturizing and of course, cheaper.
When I am going low key and still want some lip colour, this is my go to. It makes me look done without looking like I tried.
Fig is fairly inexpensive, I've paid more for less.
The only con, as previously mentioned, is the skinny little packaging. It is great b/c it fits in a uniform pocket or yoga pants unobtrusively but it is so skinny that application without a mirror is tricky. And most of my applications are without a mirror.
Will replace. May even try the other colours once my beloved Clarins ColourQuench Lip Balms are done.
Update: So many people borrowed this colour off me at a recent Navy Mess dinner that it was missing by the end of the night. So this must be a good look for the 'no make up' crowd! LOL.

Good quality product! Bit expensive for a small quantity. It wasn't that sparkly, but you don't need a lot of it. I put only about 3 dots on my lips!

on 2/16/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fig is an MLBB shade for me. Love these lip shimmers from Burt's Bees. This is similar to the original lip balm, but with color. These are very moisturizing and can stand alone without lip balm underneath (but I still use one underneath because of habit). I will continue to repurchase these and I am excited to try the new shades!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a great idea - moisturizing lip product + color.

However, the tube is so skinny, it's hard to locate in my purse - it would be impossible if it were not bright yellow! It would be easy to apply for people with smaller lips without making a mess. I don't have large lips but I have to make a series of several lines to get it all over my mouth. This results in it almost always looking uneven.

The color is glossy, and cinnamon stick like. It's a lot darker and intense than I was expecting. It's highly pigmented and def not sheer. Theres no shimmer in this, which I can only appreciate after trying another one (Guava) and realizing what a sparkly mess it was. It's moisturizing and has that menthol/cooling effect.

Overall it's an okay product that would be wonderful if you could find a color that works for you.

Since others have commented on the formula, I'll just talk about the shade. This is a nice red-brown that's a good everyday shade for us darker-skinned ladies (I'm NC44). I like having this in my purse to swipe on whenever.

on 9/9/2012 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this lip color for a natural hint of color. I wear it over clear lip balm to make sure the application is sheer because the color is a bit dark for my skin tone. Applied lightly, it's the perfect MLBB color for me. I can't speak to its staying power because I wear it over balm and feel like that makes it fade a bit faster. Love Burt's Bees, love the minty scent, great color and a great price.

Popular Lips Products