Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Skin type: Dry, acne-prone, semi-sensitive

This exfoliant has changed my skin soooo much!
Already after a couple of day's use my skin cleared fast. At first I was afraid to be too excited (you get used to being disappointed when battling with acne) but after four days using it I started to receive compliments from friends and family that my skin hasn't looked better in years - and I got totally excited!
I've been struggling with mild to moderate acne and periods with bad scarring since I was 17 - so that will be ten years now! The first years I tried antibiotics which did take the worst but totally messed up my gut flora (something I am still working on to restore years after) and I've been on the pill for some years, which controlled it a great bit but made me rather depressed and also messed up a lot of other things in my body - so the pill is never gonna be an option for me again. So the last four years I have tried so many different products, regimens, diets and what not, but nothing has ever REALLY worked - at least not significally, and those that did help a little suddenly stopped working and I would constantly search for and buy new (and often expensive) products!
(Note: Eliminating dairy from my diet does have a minor effect on my skin)

SO what I'm trying to say is that this stuff is the best acne treatment I have ever tried (without unwanted side effects)!

RESULT: After two week's use I have no new pimples (YAY!) - can't remember the last time I could say that! AND I have even had my period with only two small whiteheads that disappeared and healed so fast. I haven't had any new cystic acne either since I started using this every night and the ones I had cleared up super fast and are now long gone - I am soooo happy I could almost cry. The last 6 months my cystic acne has just killed me, new ones forming under the skin all the time, and more and more scarring to follow. I have been so embaressed and crazy desperate! I'm so thankful that I discovered this product and only wish I would have sooner! It also makes my skin a lot more hydrated for some reason, makes my pores appear a lot smaller and gives my skin a healthy glow. My skin just keeps getting better and the scars and red marks are fading really quick! After only two weeks use my skin tone looks really even and I am not embaressed to show my face without makeup :) Now I study my face in the mirror - not to look for new pimples - but because my skin looks so good! I know this review must sound almost too good to be true, but this product has really changed my skin that much! That's why this is also my first review of a product ever!
This is truly my miracle cream - and I just hope that it will keep on working in the long run (and I have a really good feeling that it will) and that others will have the same great results using it, acne can really have a negative impact on your life and self esteem!

I have already recommended this to everyone I know that has problems with acne - but I think it could work for people without acne as well, as it makes the skin tone much more even and the pores look smaller!

Note: Remember to wear SPF when using this! I only use it at night but still wear SPF during the day just to be safe - and anyway it's always a good idea to protect your skin against the sun right!

My regimen:
Night/ I wash my face with a soap-free cleanser (NUXE Eau de Mousse Micellaire aux Roses) and follow with Bioderma micellar water, then I apply the Cleanance K exfoliant and finish off with a moisturiser (I use Urtekram nordic birch day cream)
Morning/ I wash my face with cold water and spray it with rose water, then I apply my moisturiser (Urtekram) and finish with Rudolph Care face cream SPF 50 (The consistency is rather thick but it works for my dry skin type)
Makeup/ I have found that loose mineral foundation doesn't clog my pores (I use Youngblood)

Sorry for the length!
I hope that some of you will find my review useful! :)

This stuff worked for me. I have never used another product that had such an effect on my skin. (EDIT: Garnier Overnight Dark Spot Peel did help me a lot but that is very moisturizing where as this is matte and can be worn in the day under makeup). This helps so much to smooth skin by removing dead skin cells and helping my skin-cell turnover. It has helped reduce scarring from acne and (I think) prevent new ones from forming. It's not greasy and has a quite matte finish (although it won't last more than a few hours if you have oily skin). REMEMBER: wear sunscreen if you use this product during the day. Really you should always wear sunscreen in the day, but it is especially important with products like these with AHAs that will increase your skin's sensitivity to light.
BOTTOM LINE: I put this on at night and wake up with more even-toned and even-textured skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
The chemical exfoliations I have used so far have been this, the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Alpha H Liquid Gold and this is by far the best. Firstly, it's quite a unique formula, containing all three exfoliating agents (salicylic acid, glycolic and lactic acid). This is the only exfoliating product I have used and really seen a difference in my skin afterwards. It makes the appearance of my skin a lot more smooth and even toned, diminishes blemishes whilst exfoliating gently but thoroughly. Avene Cleanence K is decently priced and never makes me break out. The only con is that it smells REALLY REALLY strong and BAD and I personally am not bothered by or even notice smells at all in products generally, so, that's saying something. Recommend for any skin type, especially oily/congested/blemished.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find that this product is really great for clearing breakouts and preventing more. It is very effective and works as advertised! I found it works very well for clearing blemishes that feel deep in the skin, and I can see less redness around infected areas within hours of application.

However, the smell is pretty unpleasant. It reminds me of PVA glue, and the consistency of the product matches! So I feel like I'm spreading glue over my face... The smell also makes me a bit concerned about the chemicals in it, so I try to use it sparingly. Aside from that, it's excellent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I purchased this product in an 'Oily & Acne Prone Skin' kit, along with the gel cleanser & Thermal Water in the hope of controlling my oily T-zone & recurring hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for about a week, twice a day, once in the morning & once at night after cleansing & although, yes it does become a little tacky on the skin & takes a little while to completely dry, I've been loving this product. It's taken away any redness I had left over from my breakouts & seems to have kept any more breakouts from occurring. Keep in mind I have been using this in conjunction with the Avene gel cleanser, but the duo seem to be working wonders.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow, I actually found a product that helps my skin after a years! I tried Bioderma, La Roche Posay and almost all drugstore brands, but this stuff is just amazing. Yes, sometimes my skin is feeling dry and I have tingling sensations for a few minutes after application... but for me the most important is that it HELPS healing my acne. I use it in combination with La Roche Posay Effaclar K because Avene Cleanance K can makes your skin very sensitive (5 days Avene and then 2 days La Roche Posay). It works for me. I totally recommend.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Ingredients: Avene thermal spring water, glycolic acid, cyclomethicone, water, PPG-15 stearyl ether, propylene glycol, glycerin, lactic acid, polymethyl methacrylate, propylene glycol ceteth-3 acetate, sodium hydroxide, cetyl alcohol arachidyl alcohol, polycrylate-13, glycerin stearate, PEG-100 stearate, salcylic acid, arachidyl glucoside, behenyl alcohol, bisabolol, cucubita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, dimethicone, disodium edta, parfum, polyisobutene, polysorbate 20, pyridoxine HCl, zinc gluconate

Cleanance K has been reformulated for a while now. It finally boasts the correct pH level and the amount of AHAs (glycolic) and BHAs (lactic and salicylic) acids that make exfoliating on the surface and inside the pore actually effective. It does its job well, removing flaky skin, smoothing out the texture and preventing new blackheads, but not entirely eliminating the existing ones. I don't use this everyday because I don't think that's necessary with any exfoliator, just one to a couple of days a week.

The texture is a weird silky gunk and this shouldn't be used under foundation as it tends to flake. In fact, this should be used only in the evening, as it can make the skin photosensitive, followed by mandatory SPF moisturizer in the morning.

You could put something over it, like a serum or another moisturizer, but only after you let the acids do the work for a couple of minutes. This is moisturizing in itself though and leaves the skin feeling silky because of the silicones, which could also make you break out, so watch out for that.

It can over-sensitize skin, but the instant redness and the sense of burning should subside after a couple of applications. If it doesn't, however, that means you're sensitive to acids and should discontinue use.

The smell to me is glue meets pharmacy. I wish it didn't have fragrance at all, I wouldn't mind suffering through the weird acid smell for a couple of seconds.

All aside, this does its job really well and the new formula is a noticeable improvement. It also lasts a long time. I use no other exfoliator.

This was the little extra kick my DD (she's 12) needed for her skin. It works beautifully for her. She pre cleanses with mineral oil about 3/4 nights a week followed by Avne Cleanance soapless gel. That combination has helped to clear out many of the cloggs she had. This has taken her skin one step closer to perfect skin. She had used Clinique's Acne Solutions moisturizer & Neutrogena's Stress Control 3-in-1 with no apparent results. Actually, the Neutrogena clogged her more imo. This is a good effective product that works for her. As long as it works, I will repurshase.

This is my favorite skincare item so far even though it is more on the expensive side. I'm nearly out of my second tube. I use it almost every night all over my face (and other problem areas). In the morning my skin feels so soft, smooth and looks radiant. It got rid of every blackhead on my face and it soothes irritated and red pimples.

You have to keep in mind that you need to use sunscreen every day, because the lotion contains acids which makes your skin more sensitive to sun. I don't recommend using it during summer or when you are on your acne treatment (you should consult with your doctor first).

It doesn't have a strong scent, but it does smell a bit medicine like which fades really quickly. There is no need to use other moisturizers afterwards. Avene cream feels light and nice on skin, absorbs fast and doesn't leave any residue. It regulates oil secretion too and helps to keep your skin matte.

PROS:
+ makes skin really soft and smooth
+ helps to fight acne, pimples etc
+ skin looks fresh
+ oil-controll
+ packaging

CONS:
- can't think of any

I have only used this for a few days so far and only at night after cleansing. I think it would be too 'sticky' to use under loose mineral makeup. Doesn't sting apart from pimples.
My skin does feel amazing in the morning - soft, smooth etc but it doesn't LOOK amazing (yet?!), although my nose pores in particular are much smaller and clean.
Will update after a few weeks, so far will stick with this and see if I get more results.