Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This really did nothing for my skin. I used this product for a sustained period of time during my teen years alongside the Avene cleanser, and it only aggravated my acne to the point where I needed antibiotic treatment. I'm so glad to have discovered purely natural skincare which is far more kinder and gentler for my face, and has actually helped my skin significantly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT for MILD to MODERATE acne and blemish-prone skin!It hydrates and exfoliates your skin.However,there may be a slight tingling sensation otherwise it feels great even for people like me with oily skin.My skin was SIGNIFICANTLY clearer after using it a few weeks.My blemishes became a lot lighter and pimples also decreased in size! HOWEVER,it may make your face appear a little shiny.Much better as compared to la roche posay effaclar k which made my feel oily as it doesn't get absorbed well into my skin.You should give this a try!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I purchased this product in an 'Oily & Acne Prone Skin' kit, along with the gel cleanser & Thermal Water in the hope of controlling my oily T-zone & recurring hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for about a week, twice a day, once in the morning & once at night after cleansing & although, yes it does become a little tacky on the skin & takes a little while to completely dry, I've been loving this product. It's taken away any redness I had left over from my breakouts & seems to have kept any more breakouts from occurring. Keep in mind I have been using this in conjunction with the Avene gel cleanser, but the duo seem to be working wonders.

So I got this is the Cleanance Discovery Kit, which included minis of the soapless face wash, the Emulsifier moisturizer, the toner and the mask. I like all the products but besides the face wash this was the one that really stood out. Several months ago I had a reaction to Lorac Natural Finish foundation (such a shame, I really liked it until it broke me out) and I never really healed. No matter what I did my skin kept breaking out worse and worse because other products kept re-irritating my skin and causing it to be bone-dry and scaly. The drying plus the popping (I know, I know) equaled more pimples. I tried everything from BP treatments to special acne washes to raw honey and sea salt scrubs. Eveything that seemed promising eventually proved futile, and I didn't have the money nor the knowledge for expensive treatments as I never had to deal with skin like this before, so I just stopped treating it. It relaxed, but still looked just horrible and I dreaded getting up to wash and make myself up every day. I saw the starter kit for the Cleanance line at Duane Reade (the fancy ones in Manhattan) and for $8 I figured it would be my last resort before taking myself to a derm and doing whatever he said no matter how many chemicals or pills involved. I read reviews for how to use the stuff on here and a few other sites and got to work. The last three days are the first in months I haven't totally hated my face. I washed with the soapless cleanser twice a day, treated with the Cleanance K at night and once in the am the 2nd time I used it, and toned and moisturized the times I didn't use the Cleanance. The second night I was able to use an extractor to get some gunk out and the areas are not tender, peeling, or flaking in the least. My foundation went on smoothly this morning and covered all my hyperpigmentation and redness without concealer for the first time in months, and I've noticed it doesn't wear off as easily. My skin isn't sore or redder than before as it was with other treatments, and I've noticed the K exfoliating healing spots so they don't look aggravated, scabby, and obvious. My only other experience with AHA and BHA was a bad one that aggravated my skin more (think it was a Neutrogena gel) and I was afraid K would do the same. This isn't the case at all, in fact this is the gentlest most effective treatment I ever used. I normally don't have super sensitive acne-prone skin, but it was so damaged it was behaving that way. If your skin is normally like that though I'd say give it a try but use super sparingly because it stings and makes you red upon application. If you use it at night though, by morning the redness is gone and your skin will feel more even after a washing. It's too soon to comment on my hyperpigmentation, but since I have a lot of it I feel I'll notice right away when and if it fades so stay tuned for an edit. In terms of dryness, my usually dry skin is doing ok but I wouldn't use it more than once a day now and definitely not without moisturizing at least in the am. Since the gel feels a little heavy I can't bring myself to put anything more on after it at night, but it absorbs quickly so I would use the Emulsion moisturizer if I had to. I can't comment on the packaging but it's really just a bigger tube than the sample so yay hygenic squeeze tubes. The price is $20 or $21 at Duane Reade (it looks like it's $22 online) so it's more than I've spent on a small tube of treatment but still less than most other effective ones. In conclusion, I'd buy the fullsize after finishing my sample, which I think I could get another 2-3 weeks out of. Definitely give it a shot, nothing works totally over-night but this stuff has done a pretty decent job in only 3 days so I guess it's the closest I can get to my HG :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the only treatment which i saw an improvement on my acne. I brought it from a recommendation from a esthetician. She said in the first 4 weeks, my skin will show more blemish/acne because the product is working in my skin, but after you will see improvement.

She was right. i did see an improvement. My skin appears more clearer than before. What's left on my skin is some hyperpigmentation from the blemish and certain pimple that always come back on the same spot. My skin is less red than before. I'm just happy my acne is actually healing itself. It takes time. You can't ever pick on the pimple. All your effort will be wasted because what's the use of aggravating it.

The mistake i did is as soon as my skin was pimple free. I used Arcona the solution to treat the hyperpigmentation left by the pimple. I got break-outs and i had to repeat the whole process of 4 weeks of exfoliating all the impurities, etc. And i used non comodogenic makeup...

So to keep and to gradually improve your nearly-pimple free skin, you can't stop the treatment. It's a long time commitment. I once didn't put any treatment on my face, and my acne was so bad, my skin is red, etc. So i will always repurchase this product since i lost faith on my dermatologist.

The only inconvenient is how it sits on your skin. It's like oily residue sitting on your skin. So i only use at night.

Also i recommend using a spot treatment if you feel a pimple coming up. This product improve most of your skin but there's always this annoying pimple that come up.

my skin routine consist of alpha h balancing cleanser, avene cleanance k and la roche posay effaclar k (for my spot, it supposed to do the same thing as cleanance k, but it didn't work for me. I didn't want to waste the product so i put a dap of the product on a pimple. After 3 days, the pimple is gone. But in my case, when a pimple is gone, it leave a dark spot --- hyperpigmentation.)
i have been using this product daily for 2 months and still using it. There's some stubborn pimple that needs more time. So i hope in 2 months, something will dissapear. Hope it was helpful for some of you.

Also i have combinaison skin, but it gets oily when it's my time of the month.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

my skin condition: i have a very bad breakouts on my forehead and cheeks. i can say its moderate. not the pustule type but more to whiteheads and blackheads, some redness, oily-combination skin, large pores and so on. its been like that as far as i can remember.

so as usual when going to the drugstore i will usually try to find a new product that will help to clear my acne (after a lot of using other products that fail). so the sales girl introduce me with this product since its good for sensitive skin which means its not harsh. i bought the trial pack and find it quite OK. doesn't show much improvements on my acne though. and i say well, there goes another product that doesn't work.

a few months later, i bought the full size version of cleanance K after doing some research and reading about the benefits of exfoliators to clear acne. when i put it on my face, it stings a little. the sting goes away after a few minutes. i put it on at night only because it makes my skin sticky and oily in the morning when using it along with an oil free moisturiser and sunscreen (my country is very hot with 32 degrees celcius during the day).

so after a few days, my cheeks which were usually less oily, have reduced in the number of pimples but i have red dry patches which were very itchy and couldn't be covered with makeup. my forehead becomes worse. more bumps purging and also 2 large itchy, dry patches that even i applied moisturiser could not reduce the dryness. i have to reduce the amount and apply it on alternate days to reduce the side effects.

so now i'm still continuing to use the product in hoping for it to clear my acne because i have tried it on my back acne and the good news is MY BACK ACNE CLEARS UP! yes, it totally clears up. not a single pimple anymore. just dark scars left. i am so happy with the results! i applied it once a day at night only. i am patiently using it for my face although it gives some side effects in hoping for it to clear up just like my back.

for the price, i think it's quite pricey for a drugstore product but with the results that i get, i'm ok with it. I'm running out of the current bottle that i use and certainly i will re-purchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin condition has lasted me for almost 2weeks. Initially, it was just a few pimples on the right cheek and NONE on the left cheek. One day, it suddenly all the small bumpy started to form. I couldn't take it, and went for a facial. THE FACIAL MADE IT WORSE. The big and small pimples starts to party on my face. So stubborn that, all became very red and sore, inflammation, open wound (because i popped it) and etc.

I don't even have the courage to step out of my house without make up. Even with make up, it cannot conceal those lumps and bumps. This is disgusting. The thicker I apply, it becomes so visible that I have to use my side hairs to cover up. I know it's a bad bad habit to cover face with hair, but I have no choice.

Told my friend about it, and happened that she uses Avene products. She introduced me to this Cleanance K cream gel. Before purchasing, she lent me her to use. This is because I have a very sensitive face, acne prone and combined skin. After using for the first night, my friend told me that those bumps have sub-sized a little which made me happy too. Today is just my second day of using cleanance k, the size of my stubborn pimples really getting small. ESP my forehead, all the pimples are gone after one night. Just a little red marks. I thought it would be good if I continue for a week to see any further improvement.
Overall, I am happy with this product. Definitely, I will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne prone oily skin, breaks out on my right cheek especially and have whiteheads and bumps on forehead.
I gotta warn you guys that on the 1st few days of using this product, your skin may or may not purge. Mine purged and I broke out quite alot and then it subsided and started to clear my skin slowly. This is a pretty good product, my acne scars seem to be fading faster than usual when I am using this product. Up until now, I have been using this product for 3 weeks and have been liking the result of it :D
Doesn't hurt to give it a try especially when it does not cause your skin to be sensitive. Will buy it again if it continue to do a good job.

UPDATE: This is the only thing that I use during my night time routine, it has saved my life! I have very acne prone skin and I have to watch out for pore clogging ingredients which I can't use, mostly silicones and alot of other what nots. But this is the only moisturiser I use that contain glycolic acid that has not made my skin worse! Indeed, I find it helping my skin through its worst days. I love this, can't live without this. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PS. remember to dry your skin before you put this on, don't put it on dampy/ wet skin, k!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was previously using Dermalogica's cream exfoliate which was not an effective exfoliante for me. I have clogged pores, uneven skin tone and ingrown hairs on my jaw line. I have used this product for 3 weeks and have seen great improvement with all the problems I noted. Currently I have been applying it only at night and will continue doing so. This product has surprisingly helped me manage the oil production as well- previously I was using an oil control foundation or primer during the day to deal with this problem. Now that my skin is less oily and more even toned I haven't been using any foundation- just a bit of concealer to cover old acne scars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle a couple years ago and was not impressed at all. It burned my skin and seemed like it irritated my acne more. A couple weeks ago, however, I came across it in my medicine cabinet and since I was running out of my Avene Triacneal, I decided to try it again. I could not believe it: it actually works! I still experience a stinging sensation but nothing too severe, even after exfoliation. I apply it on my whole face and neck (I got a nasty breakout from Revlon Colorstay because I blended it down). It literally reduces my acne bumps almost completely by the next morning! I seriously could not believe it. I have terrible terrible skin: acne-prone, clog-prone, scars, inflammation, large pores, oily.. the list goes on! But ever since Cleanance K, my skin feels less bumpy, smooth, less oily and my acne marks are starting to fade slightly. I am really happy I tried it again! I learned that there is a new formula out and I hope a lot hasn't changed because this stuff is amazing. It takes a lot for something to impress me so I definitely recommend you buy it!