Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Skin type: Dry, acne-prone, semi-sensitive

This exfoliant has changed my skin soooo much!
Already after a couple of day's use my skin cleared fast. At first I was afraid to be too excited (you get used to being disappointed when battling with acne) but after four days using it I started to receive compliments from friends and family that my skin hasn't looked better in years - and I got totally excited!
I've been struggling with mild to moderate acne and periods with bad scarring since I was 17 - so that will be ten years now! The first years I tried antibiotics which did take the worst but totally messed up my gut flora (something I am still working on to restore years after) and I've been on the pill for some years, which controlled it a great bit but made me rather depressed and also messed up a lot of other things in my body - so the pill is never gonna be an option for me again. So the last four years I have tried so many different products, regimens, diets and what not, but nothing has ever REALLY worked - at least not significally, and those that did help a little suddenly stopped working and I would constantly search for and buy new (and often expensive) products!
(Note: Eliminating dairy from my diet does have a minor effect on my skin)

SO what I'm trying to say is that this stuff is the best acne treatment I have ever tried (without unwanted side effects)!

RESULT: After two week's use I have no new pimples (YAY!) - can't remember the last time I could say that! AND I have even had my period with only two small whiteheads that disappeared and healed so fast. I haven't had any new cystic acne either since I started using this every night and the ones I had cleared up super fast and are now long gone - I am soooo happy I could almost cry. The last 6 months my cystic acne has just killed me, new ones forming under the skin all the time, and more and more scarring to follow. I have been so embaressed and crazy desperate! I'm so thankful that I discovered this product and only wish I would have sooner! It also makes my skin a lot more hydrated for some reason, makes my pores appear a lot smaller and gives my skin a healthy glow. My skin just keeps getting better and the scars and red marks are fading really quick! After only two weeks use my skin tone looks really even and I am not embaressed to show my face without makeup :) Now I study my face in the mirror - not to look for new pimples - but because my skin looks so good! I know this review must sound almost too good to be true, but this product has really changed my skin that much! That's why this is also my first review of a product ever!
This is truly my miracle cream - and I just hope that it will keep on working in the long run (and I have a really good feeling that it will) and that others will have the same great results using it, acne can really have a negative impact on your life and self esteem!

I have already recommended this to everyone I know that has problems with acne - but I think it could work for people without acne as well, as it makes the skin tone much more even and the pores look smaller!

Note: Remember to wear SPF when using this! I only use it at night but still wear SPF during the day just to be safe - and anyway it's always a good idea to protect your skin against the sun right!

My regimen:
Night/ I wash my face with a soap-free cleanser (NUXE Eau de Mousse Micellaire aux Roses) and follow with Bioderma micellar water, then I apply the Cleanance K exfoliant and finish off with a moisturiser (I use Urtekram nordic birch day cream)
Morning/ I wash my face with cold water and spray it with rose water, then I apply my moisturiser (Urtekram) and finish with Rudolph Care face cream SPF 50 (The consistency is rather thick but it works for my dry skin type)
Makeup/ I have found that loose mineral foundation doesn't clog my pores (I use Youngblood)

Sorry for the length!
I hope that some of you will find my review useful! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this cream gel. I bought this product to fade my pimple marks left behind after my pimples due to my period and it works great for that even though its marketed for blemish and acne prone skin. My skin regimen already consist of Paula's choice BHA and Retin-A, however I wanted my red marks to fade faster that's why I added this to be used in the morning as I heard it contains AHA and AHAs are good for exfoliating skin on the surface unlike BHA.

It also makes my skin more glowy and smooth as well as hydrated for some reason. The pimples that came along with my period also died down faster. I like the texture of it. Its very light somewhat in between a gel and sorbent.

Excellent product. As I use this in the morning, I do apply sunscreen liberally on top of it and also avoid the sun as much as possible as AHA and BHAs both make skin photosensitive. The price is great too at least in my country, its $19,90 after discount and $25.40 before discount.

This is the best treatment i have used throughout my 13 years of battling with acne. It is a chemical exfoliant gentle enough to use every night. ( from a person with sensitized raw reactive skin) its like magic, it calms ur inflammations n i hv noticed a significant reduction in pore size, inflammation, acne scars. Stings if u use after a hot shower or exfoliation ( i exfoliate w muslin cloth) so give ur skin ample time to recover. Products which i have tried and that have burned my skin in the past: benzoyl peroxide 2.5% worked in my teens but it burned my skin in just one application last year. Differen caused me to have an eczema attack (with peeling eyelids and all) retin-a too drying. Salicylic acid on its own too irritating n itchy. I believe its present in the cleanance k as well but the overall formula is moisturizing. Stay away from gel formulas if u hv dry acneic skin like mine.

This stuff worked for me. I have never used another product that had such an effect on my skin. (EDIT: Garnier Overnight Dark Spot Peel did help me a lot but that is very moisturizing where as this is matte and can be worn in the day under makeup). This helps so much to smooth skin by removing dead skin cells and helping my skin-cell turnover. It has helped reduce scarring from acne and (I think) prevent new ones from forming. It's not greasy and has a quite matte finish (although it won't last more than a few hours if you have oily skin). REMEMBER: wear sunscreen if you use this product during the day. Really you should always wear sunscreen in the day, but it is especially important with products like these with AHAs that will increase your skin's sensitivity to light.
BOTTOM LINE: I put this on at night and wake up with more even-toned and even-textured skin.

Please note: this is not a moisturiser - it is a chemical exfoliant so should be used with care. I bought it for my upper arms to help fade a few stubborn marks much quicker than my current regime, in time for summer. I have a revolting habit of picking at any spots on my arms if I'm wearing short sleeves and the marks take ages to fade. I've recently been using rosehip and jojoba oil then layering with Cleanance K exfoliant because of the AHA and BHA content and it's boosting the fading process as the marks are shrinking much quicker now. I am being extra careful to keep my arms covered when out while I'm using this product to ensure I don't get hyperpigmentation marks. I can tell by the strong smell and initial sensation that its too strong for my face (I have to be careful with glycolic acid) so I will be sticking to my usual brands of salicylic acid correcting lotion and retinol cream for my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find that this product is really great for clearing breakouts and preventing more. It is very effective and works as advertised! I found it works very well for clearing blemishes that feel deep in the skin, and I can see less redness around infected areas within hours of application.

However, the smell is pretty unpleasant. It reminds me of PVA glue, and the consistency of the product matches! So I feel like I'm spreading glue over my face... The smell also makes me a bit concerned about the chemicals in it, so I try to use it sparingly. Aside from that, it's excellent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I purchased this product in an 'Oily & Acne Prone Skin' kit, along with the gel cleanser & Thermal Water in the hope of controlling my oily T-zone & recurring hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for about a week, twice a day, once in the morning & once at night after cleansing & although, yes it does become a little tacky on the skin & takes a little while to completely dry, I've been loving this product. It's taken away any redness I had left over from my breakouts & seems to have kept any more breakouts from occurring. Keep in mind I have been using this in conjunction with the Avene gel cleanser, but the duo seem to be working wonders.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was previously using Dermalogica's cream exfoliate which was not an effective exfoliante for me. I have clogged pores, uneven skin tone and ingrown hairs on my jaw line. I have used this product for 3 weeks and have seen great improvement with all the problems I noted. Currently I have been applying it only at night and will continue doing so. This product has surprisingly helped me manage the oil production as well- previously I was using an oil control foundation or primer during the day to deal with this problem. Now that my skin is less oily and more even toned I haven't been using any foundation- just a bit of concealer to cover old acne scars.

It didn't help at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dislike the smell and texture of this lotion, I find it irritating that it pills up into little eraser shavings if I put on a slight touch too much and that it smells like I'm putting poison on my skin. It also irritates my skin if there is an active pimple (it burns and hurts) or if I've exfoliated before using it. I used to use it at night but now I've given up on the formulation completely because I find it clog my pores very easily and it's extremely aggravating since I'm using this product to get *rid* of clogged pores. I think it has to do with the PH level of the product, since acids need to be at a certain PH to be able to have an effect on skin and this clearly does nothing.