Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This really did nothing for my skin. I used this product for a sustained period of time during my teen years alongside the Avene cleanser, and it only aggravated my acne to the point where I needed antibiotic treatment. I'm so glad to have discovered purely natural skincare which is far more kinder and gentler for my face, and has actually helped my skin significantly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm using this just as a chemical exfoliant - not for acne purposes as my skin has cleared up after using PC's 2% BHA, and stayed that way and I continue to use it - but I like to use AHA's as they make my skin super smooth, more even and soft.

It does sting when applied - but so does pretty much any AHA that I've used. The smell is a bit off-putting but not strong enough to bother me. I have noticed positive changes, like softer skin when I wake up (I only use this at night) and my foundation or BB creams go on very easily as well as my skin has barely any clogged pores at this point. It also really helps if you have dull skin (like I did) with flakes, dry patches or dehydrated appearance. AHA's are also used to treat dry skin and I notice my skin is a lot less dry and more radiant when using AHA's. It has also helped to lighten some sun damage/freckles on my upper cheeks in addition to Vit C serum. It is a gel-lotion type consistency, easy to rub into skin but slightly sticky, and non-drying for me.

The price is reasonable - about $20 but I can also get Alpha Hydrox 10% Lotion which gives me the same results for half the price and also in a larger bottle (177mL). so I'm not sure if I would repurchase this, but it is still a great option for most skin types/ages if you are looking for an AHA/exfoliating product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
The chemical exfoliations I have used so far have been this, the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Alpha H Liquid Gold and this is by far the best. Firstly, it's quite a unique formula, containing all three exfoliating agents (salicylic acid, glycolic and lactic acid). This is the only exfoliating product I have used and really seen a difference in my skin afterwards. It makes the appearance of my skin a lot more smooth and even toned, diminishes blemishes whilst exfoliating gently but thoroughly. Avene Cleanence K is decently priced and never makes me break out. The only con is that it smells REALLY REALLY strong and BAD and I personally am not bothered by or even notice smells at all in products generally, so, that's saying something. Recommend for any skin type, especially oily/congested/blemished.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'll update later - but it seems pretty nice

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product to help combat my moderate but consistent acne. I use a lot of oil control products and was using salicylic acid but it didn't seem enough so I thought the AHA in this would really help. The price was a little more than I pay for products usually and the packaging is suitable for the purpose.

Onto the product...
I used Cleanance K gel-cream for 5 weeks before discontinuing it as it has destroyed my skin completely. As I said, I had acne but not tons of it but it was constant, I always had spots. I used Cleanance K in the mornings only and found that for the first 3 weeks nothing really happened. I felt that there was a decline in new spots but not enough to warrant repurchasing. THEN, my face exploded; huge painful spots full of crud, clogged pores and my chin became bumpy and rash-like. After some trial and error, I put it down to Cleanance K and discontinued it. Sadly, the extra spots have cleared up but I can't undo the bumpiness on my chin. I'm gutted! I went back to my old cleanser (don't know why I left LUSH Dark Angels!) and saw immediate change as my spots healed and disappeared. Just wish that I could shift this gross feeling/look on my chin. If anything I am more paranoid about my skin than ever and have been completely put off of Avne products.

So I got this is the Cleanance Discovery Kit, which included minis of the soapless face wash, the Emulsifier moisturizer, the toner and the mask. I like all the products but besides the face wash this was the one that really stood out. Several months ago I had a reaction to Lorac Natural Finish foundation (such a shame, I really liked it until it broke me out) and I never really healed. No matter what I did my skin kept breaking out worse and worse because other products kept re-irritating my skin and causing it to be bone-dry and scaly. The drying plus the popping (I know, I know) equaled more pimples. I tried everything from BP treatments to special acne washes to raw honey and sea salt scrubs. Eveything that seemed promising eventually proved futile, and I didn't have the money nor the knowledge for expensive treatments as I never had to deal with skin like this before, so I just stopped treating it. It relaxed, but still looked just horrible and I dreaded getting up to wash and make myself up every day. I saw the starter kit for the Cleanance line at Duane Reade (the fancy ones in Manhattan) and for $8 I figured it would be my last resort before taking myself to a derm and doing whatever he said no matter how many chemicals or pills involved. I read reviews for how to use the stuff on here and a few other sites and got to work. The last three days are the first in months I haven't totally hated my face. I washed with the soapless cleanser twice a day, treated with the Cleanance K at night and once in the am the 2nd time I used it, and toned and moisturized the times I didn't use the Cleanance. The second night I was able to use an extractor to get some gunk out and the areas are not tender, peeling, or flaking in the least. My foundation went on smoothly this morning and covered all my hyperpigmentation and redness without concealer for the first time in months, and I've noticed it doesn't wear off as easily. My skin isn't sore or redder than before as it was with other treatments, and I've noticed the K exfoliating healing spots so they don't look aggravated, scabby, and obvious. My only other experience with AHA and BHA was a bad one that aggravated my skin more (think it was a Neutrogena gel) and I was afraid K would do the same. This isn't the case at all, in fact this is the gentlest most effective treatment I ever used. I normally don't have super sensitive acne-prone skin, but it was so damaged it was behaving that way. If your skin is normally like that though I'd say give it a try but use super sparingly because it stings and makes you red upon application. If you use it at night though, by morning the redness is gone and your skin will feel more even after a washing. It's too soon to comment on my hyperpigmentation, but since I have a lot of it I feel I'll notice right away when and if it fades so stay tuned for an edit. In terms of dryness, my usually dry skin is doing ok but I wouldn't use it more than once a day now and definitely not without moisturizing at least in the am. Since the gel feels a little heavy I can't bring myself to put anything more on after it at night, but it absorbs quickly so I would use the Emulsion moisturizer if I had to. I can't comment on the packaging but it's really just a bigger tube than the sample so yay hygenic squeeze tubes. The price is $20 or $21 at Duane Reade (it looks like it's $22 online) so it's more than I've spent on a small tube of treatment but still less than most other effective ones. In conclusion, I'd buy the fullsize after finishing my sample, which I think I could get another 2-3 weeks out of. Definitely give it a shot, nothing works totally over-night but this stuff has done a pretty decent job in only 3 days so I guess it's the closest I can get to my HG :)

It made my skin itchy. Why there is no oil free moisturiser for this range is beyond me. This exacerbated my acne. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this with the deep pore foaming cleanser at s$39.90 at watsons Singapore.
After two times of usage you could see tiny zits popping out. They do not hurt and look like swollen white heads probably purged out from below the skin surface. I have badly clogged pores so I'll update in the future if this really works.
As for the packaging the nozzle is small enough and dispenses enough when you squeeze it out. You don't really need a lot, especially if you just start using it.
Anyway, do make sure not to apply anything after using this. I applied Khiel's ultra facial oil free gel creme and it stung so badly. I had bright red patches that hurt like crazy. Thankfully I had some avene water around and applied it liberally with some Muji mask sheets, which removed the redness in 30minutes time.

I have been using this product every night for 7 weeks and it has really helped to clear up my ance. My skin is not perfect as I still have spots appearing on my chin but this reduces them. Nothing has helped it as much as this product!

This is my favorite skincare item so far even though it is more on the expensive side. I'm nearly out of my second tube. I use it almost every night all over my face (and other problem areas). In the morning my skin feels so soft, smooth and looks radiant. It got rid of every blackhead on my face and it soothes irritated and red pimples.

You have to keep in mind that you need to use sunscreen every day, because the lotion contains acids which makes your skin more sensitive to sun. I don't recommend using it during summer or when you are on your acne treatment (you should consult with your doctor first).

It doesn't have a strong scent, but it does smell a bit medicine like which fades really quickly. There is no need to use other moisturizers afterwards. Avene cream feels light and nice on skin, absorbs fast and doesn't leave any residue. It regulates oil secretion too and helps to keep your skin matte.

PROS:
+ makes skin really soft and smooth
+ helps to fight acne, pimples etc
+ skin looks fresh
+ oil-controll
+ packaging

CONS:
- can't think of any