Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Background: NC20(ish), combination-oily skin that's becoming more sensitive & acne-prone as I age.

This year, due to either stress or hormonal changes (or both), my skin decided to freak out and sprouted breakouts left, right & center. My T-zone is clear but my cheeks and U-zone became quite problematic.

I've gone on a massive spending binge, trying to find products that will help my skin recover, mainly focusing on Asian Beauty products. However, I haven't found an AB-related acne-spot treatment that satisfied me. I chanced upon an AB blog that says spot-treating with AHA/BHAs work, so I dug up my old sample sized tube of Cleanance K I had in my stash from the Oily/Acne-Prone Trial Set I bought ages ago to try it again (I remember using it a couple of times but I didn't have enough patience & I wasn't moisturizing properly so I gave up quickly before I saw results).

And it works! It quickly exfoliates the skin which means the zits/bumps come to a head so much faster and I can slap on my Cosrx patches on top and they'll be flattened in no time. It has a sort of a vinegar-y/sour smell that might put off a lot of people, but I associate it with zit-killing powers so it's all good. Haha. I've since purchased a full-sized tube which I've been using for a couple of months now but I've barely made a dent on it since I only ever use it as a spot treatment at night.

Sadly, the shop where I buy it from has informed me last month that Avene is discontinuing this and they're pulling out the remaining stocks, and even offered to give me a free tube if I purchased one. The expiration dates of all remaining tubes were OCT 2017 & I don't think I can finish 2 & 3/4 tubes by then so I only got 1 tube as a backup. :( My skin has been getting clearer & I'm mostly dealing with PIH now, so I hope I won't have to miss this once I finish up my stash!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Skin type: Dry, acne-prone, semi-sensitive

This exfoliant has changed my skin soooo much!
Already after a couple of day's use my skin cleared fast. At first I was afraid to be too excited (you get used to being disappointed when battling with acne) but after four days using it I started to receive compliments from friends and family that my skin hasn't looked better in years - and I got totally excited!
I've been struggling with mild to moderate acne and periods with bad scarring since I was 17 - so that will be ten years now! The first years I tried antibiotics which did take the worst but totally messed up my gut flora (something I am still working on to restore years after) and I've been on the pill for some years, which controlled it a great bit but made me rather depressed and also messed up a lot of other things in my body - so the pill is never gonna be an option for me again. So the last four years I have tried so many different products, regimens, diets and what not, but nothing has ever REALLY worked - at least not significally, and those that did help a little suddenly stopped working and I would constantly search for and buy new (and often expensive) products!
(Note: Eliminating dairy from my diet does have a minor effect on my skin)

SO what I'm trying to say is that this stuff is the best acne treatment I have ever tried (without unwanted side effects)!

RESULT: After two week's use I have no new pimples (YAY!) - can't remember the last time I could say that! AND I have even had my period with only two small whiteheads that disappeared and healed so fast. I haven't had any new cystic acne either since I started using this every night and the ones I had cleared up super fast and are now long gone - I am soooo happy I could almost cry. The last 6 months my cystic acne has just killed me, new ones forming under the skin all the time, and more and more scarring to follow. I have been so embaressed and crazy desperate! I'm so thankful that I discovered this product and only wish I would have sooner! It also makes my skin a lot more hydrated for some reason, makes my pores appear a lot smaller and gives my skin a healthy glow. My skin just keeps getting better and the scars and red marks are fading really quick! After only two weeks use my skin tone looks really even and I am not embaressed to show my face without makeup :) Now I study my face in the mirror - not to look for new pimples - but because my skin looks so good! I know this review must sound almost too good to be true, but this product has really changed my skin that much! That's why this is also my first review of a product ever!
This is truly my miracle cream - and I just hope that it will keep on working in the long run (and I have a really good feeling that it will) and that others will have the same great results using it, acne can really have a negative impact on your life and self esteem!

I have already recommended this to everyone I know that has problems with acne - but I think it could work for people without acne as well, as it makes the skin tone much more even and the pores look smaller!

Note: Remember to wear SPF when using this! I only use it at night but still wear SPF during the day just to be safe - and anyway it's always a good idea to protect your skin against the sun right!

My regimen:
Night/ I wash my face with a soap-free cleanser (NUXE Eau de Mousse Micellaire aux Roses) and follow with Bioderma micellar water, then I apply the Cleanance K exfoliant and finish off with a moisturiser (I use Urtekram nordic birch day cream)
Morning/ I wash my face with cold water and spray it with rose water, then I apply my moisturiser (Urtekram) and finish with Rudolph Care face cream SPF 50 (The consistency is rather thick but it works for my dry skin type)
Makeup/ I have found that loose mineral foundation doesn't clog my pores (I use Youngblood)

Sorry for the length!
I hope that some of you will find my review useful! :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this cream gel. I bought this product to fade my pimple marks left behind after my pimples due to my period and it works great for that even though its marketed for blemish and acne prone skin. My skin regimen already consist of Paula's choice BHA and Retin-A, however I wanted my red marks to fade faster that's why I added this to be used in the morning as I heard it contains AHA and AHAs are good for exfoliating skin on the surface unlike BHA.

It also makes my skin more glowy and smooth as well as hydrated for some reason. The pimples that came along with my period also died down faster. I like the texture of it. Its very light somewhat in between a gel and sorbent.

Excellent product. As I use this in the morning, I do apply sunscreen liberally on top of it and also avoid the sun as much as possible as AHA and BHAs both make skin photosensitive. The price is great too at least in my country, its $19,90 after discount and $25.40 before discount.

This is the best treatment i have used throughout my 13 years of battling with acne. It is a chemical exfoliant gentle enough to use every night. ( from a person with sensitized raw reactive skin) its like magic, it calms ur inflammations n i hv noticed a significant reduction in pore size, inflammation, acne scars. Stings if u use after a hot shower or exfoliation ( i exfoliate w muslin cloth) so give ur skin ample time to recover. Products which i have tried and that have burned my skin in the past: benzoyl peroxide 2.5% worked in my teens but it burned my skin in just one application last year. Differen caused me to have an eczema attack (with peeling eyelids and all) retin-a too drying. Salicylic acid on its own too irritating n itchy. I believe its present in the cleanance k as well but the overall formula is moisturizing. Stay away from gel formulas if u hv dry acneic skin like mine.

Used it for a year now. My skin has became a lot smoother since then. Less whiteheads now. I can't say that it helped a lot with acne but it definitely made it heal quicker.

This stuff worked for me. I have never used another product that had such an effect on my skin. (EDIT: Garnier Overnight Dark Spot Peel did help me a lot but that is very moisturizing where as this is matte and can be worn in the day under makeup). This helps so much to smooth skin by removing dead skin cells and helping my skin-cell turnover. It has helped reduce scarring from acne and (I think) prevent new ones from forming. It's not greasy and has a quite matte finish (although it won't last more than a few hours if you have oily skin). REMEMBER: wear sunscreen if you use this product during the day. Really you should always wear sunscreen in the day, but it is especially important with products like these with AHAs that will increase your skin's sensitivity to light.
BOTTOM LINE: I put this on at night and wake up with more even-toned and even-textured skin.

First use it stung a little bit on the skin. However I have been using on my skin normally once a day and my acne has been severely reduced and I have fewer breakouts. I can have extremely dry skin but this has not made it worst, in fact I think I have less dry patches. Miracle product!

my blemishes that I've had for about 3 years finally seem to be clearing up! I use it alongside Avene's soapless gel cleanser facewash to effectively fade out the blemishes. I used to use the Simple moisturiser and often breakout with pimples however I haven't had this problem with Cleanance K. I have a combination of dry skin (around my nose) and an oily t zone and this cream helped balance it all out. Perfect :)

I really like this. Use it every night. My skin's not dry at all so I can use this alone, no moisturizer on top. In the morning, breakouts are reduced, skin is glowy. In terms of like clearing blackheads, it doesn't do much alone. Physical exfoliation (with a scrub or clarisonic or whatever you like) in conjunction with this works very well. Overall, its a good buy. Worth the money spent. It also has lasted me at least six months by now, probably longer, and is in no danger of running out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product to help combat my moderate but consistent acne. I use a lot of oil control products and was using salicylic acid but it didn't seem enough so I thought the AHA in this would really help. The price was a little more than I pay for products usually and the packaging is suitable for the purpose.

Onto the product...
I used Cleanance K gel-cream for 5 weeks before discontinuing it as it has destroyed my skin completely. As I said, I had acne but not tons of it but it was constant, I always had spots. I used Cleanance K in the mornings only and found that for the first 3 weeks nothing really happened. I felt that there was a decline in new spots but not enough to warrant repurchasing. THEN, my face exploded; huge painful spots full of crud, clogged pores and my chin became bumpy and rash-like. After some trial and error, I put it down to Cleanance K and discontinued it. Sadly, the extra spots have cleared up but I can't undo the bumpiness on my chin. I'm gutted! I went back to my old cleanser (don't know why I left LUSH Dark Angels!) and saw immediate change as my spots healed and disappeared. Just wish that I could shift this gross feeling/look on my chin. If anything I am more paranoid about my skin than ever and have been completely put off of Avne products.