Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Background: NC20(ish), combination-oily skin that's becoming more sensitive & acne-prone as I age.

This year, due to either stress or hormonal changes (or both), my skin decided to freak out and sprouted breakouts left, right & center. My T-zone is clear but my cheeks and U-zone became quite problematic.

I've gone on a massive spending binge, trying to find products that will help my skin recover, mainly focusing on Asian Beauty products. However, I haven't found an AB-related acne-spot treatment that satisfied me. I chanced upon an AB blog that says spot-treating with AHA/BHAs work, so I dug up my old sample sized tube of Cleanance K I had in my stash from the Oily/Acne-Prone Trial Set I bought ages ago to try it again (I remember using it a couple of times but I didn't have enough patience & I wasn't moisturizing properly so I gave up quickly before I saw results).

And it works! It quickly exfoliates the skin which means the zits/bumps come to a head so much faster and I can slap on my Cosrx patches on top and they'll be flattened in no time. It has a sort of a vinegar-y/sour smell that might put off a lot of people, but I associate it with zit-killing powers so it's all good. Haha. I've since purchased a full-sized tube which I've been using for a couple of months now but I've barely made a dent on it since I only ever use it as a spot treatment at night.

Sadly, the shop where I buy it from has informed me last month that Avene is discontinuing this and they're pulling out the remaining stocks, and even offered to give me a free tube if I purchased one. The expiration dates of all remaining tubes were OCT 2017 & I don't think I can finish 2 & 3/4 tubes by then so I only got 1 tube as a backup. :( My skin has been getting clearer & I'm mostly dealing with PIH now, so I hope I won't have to miss this once I finish up my stash!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this cream gel. I bought this product to fade my pimple marks left behind after my pimples due to my period and it works great for that even though its marketed for blemish and acne prone skin. My skin regimen already consist of Paula's choice BHA and Retin-A, however I wanted my red marks to fade faster that's why I added this to be used in the morning as I heard it contains AHA and AHAs are good for exfoliating skin on the surface unlike BHA.

It also makes my skin more glowy and smooth as well as hydrated for some reason. The pimples that came along with my period also died down faster. I like the texture of it. Its very light somewhat in between a gel and sorbent.

Excellent product. As I use this in the morning, I do apply sunscreen liberally on top of it and also avoid the sun as much as possible as AHA and BHAs both make skin photosensitive. The price is great too at least in my country, its $19,90 after discount and $25.40 before discount.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This really did nothing for my skin. I used this product for a sustained period of time during my teen years alongside the Avene cleanser, and it only aggravated my acne to the point where I needed antibiotic treatment. I'm so glad to have discovered purely natural skincare which is far more kinder and gentler for my face, and has actually helped my skin significantly.

I would say this is far better than anything LRP or Bioderma had to offer. This is like a light lotion if you are suffering from breakouts and need a lotion treatment, i like to use this under makeup when i really need help. This dries down quickly and layers very well but doens't leave me dry like LRP efflclar range. I feel that its effective and keeps me matte. This can be used at night too under anything you like but usu at night i use a spot treatment. The only thing i don't like is its strong fragrance but I can over look that given its efficacy.

This stuff worked for me. I have never used another product that had such an effect on my skin. (EDIT: Garnier Overnight Dark Spot Peel did help me a lot but that is very moisturizing where as this is matte and can be worn in the day under makeup). This helps so much to smooth skin by removing dead skin cells and helping my skin-cell turnover. It has helped reduce scarring from acne and (I think) prevent new ones from forming. It's not greasy and has a quite matte finish (although it won't last more than a few hours if you have oily skin). REMEMBER: wear sunscreen if you use this product during the day. Really you should always wear sunscreen in the day, but it is especially important with products like these with AHAs that will increase your skin's sensitivity to light.
BOTTOM LINE: I put this on at night and wake up with more even-toned and even-textured skin.

Please note: this is not a moisturiser - it is a chemical exfoliant so should be used with care. I bought it for my upper arms to help fade a few stubborn marks much quicker than my current regime, in time for summer. I have a revolting habit of picking at any spots on my arms if I'm wearing short sleeves and the marks take ages to fade. I've recently been using rosehip and jojoba oil then layering with Cleanance K exfoliant because of the AHA and BHA content and it's boosting the fading process as the marks are shrinking much quicker now. I am being extra careful to keep my arms covered when out while I'm using this product to ensure I don't get hyperpigmentation marks. I can tell by the strong smell and initial sensation that its too strong for my face (I have to be careful with glycolic acid) so I will be sticking to my usual brands of salicylic acid correcting lotion and retinol cream for my face.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Avene Cleanance K

This is essentially a chemical exfoliator with Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help accelerate skin cell turnover, thus removing dead skin cells revealing newer more healthy skin.

I like this product, definitely more for spot-treatments only because Its very strong. Not great for sensitive skin at all.

Overall, it's a great product which will definitely improve the texture of your skin, but you need to take it slow. If you have normal skin that is very dull, dry, rough this is PERFECT.

9/10

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm using this just as a chemical exfoliant - not for acne purposes as my skin has cleared up after using PC's 2% BHA, and stayed that way and I continue to use it - but I like to use AHA's as they make my skin super smooth, more even and soft.

It does sting when applied - but so does pretty much any AHA that I've used. The smell is a bit off-putting but not strong enough to bother me. I have noticed positive changes, like softer skin when I wake up (I only use this at night) and my foundation or BB creams go on very easily as well as my skin has barely any clogged pores at this point. It also really helps if you have dull skin (like I did) with flakes, dry patches or dehydrated appearance. AHA's are also used to treat dry skin and I notice my skin is a lot less dry and more radiant when using AHA's. It has also helped to lighten some sun damage/freckles on my upper cheeks in addition to Vit C serum. It is a gel-lotion type consistency, easy to rub into skin but slightly sticky, and non-drying for me.

The price is reasonable - about $20 but I can also get Alpha Hydrox 10% Lotion which gives me the same results for half the price and also in a larger bottle (177mL). so I'm not sure if I would repurchase this, but it is still a great option for most skin types/ages if you are looking for an AHA/exfoliating product.

Guys, this stuff is so good. I can't say enough positive things about it. All summer long my skin was a disgusting mess of clogged pores and whiteheads. My skin is generally pretty clear, but no matter what I did (manual and chemical exfoliation, aztec clay mask, gentle extractions) nothing worked. I finally decided to just change my whole routine and start fresh so I bought the avene cleanance kit on amazon. It came with a soapless gel, this product, a toner, and their thermal mist. This is definitely the star of the kit. It is a moisturizing and exfoliating cream that has chemical exfoliants to unclog your pores and remove dead skin. I use it right after cleansing and toning and since the lotion is a bit moisturizing, my skin doesn't feel very tight like it does with other acne products. My skin always looks better the morning after I use it- bumps have gone down and pores look clearer. I'm so happy I started using this and will absolutely be repurchasing ;)

I got this when I purchased the Avene Cleanance kit for oily and acne prone skin as I used the Avene Soapless Gel cleanser and absolutely loved it. Upon application to clean skin the Cleanance K gel tingles/stings a bit but the sensation goes away after about a minute. I have been using this product only in the t-zone area (to tighten the pores) for about 6 months now and can see that my pores are definitely smaller. I don't often break out but every now and then I do get some very small pink spots coming up on my face...when that happens I immediately apply this gel and know that the pink spots will be gone the next morning.

I have tried the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO and for some reason my skin re-acted to it and went all irritated and dry. So if the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO didn't work for you, then this one might be worth trying.