Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - Combination to dry depending on the season with some adult acne.
* PREVIOUS ACNE TREATMENT - Prior to this, I used Vichy Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care / Soin Hydrantant Anti-Imperfections Tri-Activ (30 ml tube). That product did not really work for me as it was way too harsh. Even using it every other night caused irritating redness and itchy inflammation on my cheeks.
* EXPERIENCE WITH AVENE CLEANANCE K- The instructions recommend applying this every night and that's what I do. And good news: so far, so good! I apply it after cleansing and toning but immediately before I apply Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer from Clinique. No redness, no painful bumps or swelling, no adverse reactions. Texture is very light, indeed as it is a gel-creme and it absorbs quickly. I do notice a slight tingly sensation but that's very slight thank goodness ~ nothing like the Vichy which made my skin feel like it was burning! This is slightly scented with an almost medicinal scent (not flowery or perfume-y). Thankfully, the scent evaporates quickly.
* VERDICT - Cleanance K seems to be keeping my acne in check and it doesn't irritate my skin like the Vichy Tri-Activ creme did. Priced at 17 for a 40 ml bottle, it's neither dirt cheap nor overly expensive so for me, it's a fair price for a product that works well for my skin. I will continue to use and I will definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like this. I don't have acne prone skin, but around my time of the month I suffer from really nasty breakouts (whiteheads) on my chin, cheeks & forehead. They are usually red and inflammed. I wasn't expecting much from Cleanance K, but I'm pleasantly suprised with the results it gives me. After washing my face, I apply toner and wait for it to dry, then apply CK to all my blemishes (I don't use this all over my face otherwise it makes my skin dry and start peeling) as a spot treatment. I leave it on for about 5 mins before rubbing it in until it's completely absorbed, then apply my regular moisturizer all over my face. The next day, my blemishes have decreased in size and reddness, and most of the whiteheads have popped. I have some blackheads on my nose but I don't notice a reduction in them when I use this - CK only works on whiteheads or inflammed pimples for me.

It's not a miracle product but it really does help calm my breakouts and get rid of them quicker. I only use this when I experience breakouts, not every day. It's rather harsh - they say this is for "oily/blemish prone skin" so I wouldn't use it everyday. 1 bottle lasts me AGES so it's worth the price.

While my skin has improved slightly after using half a bottle of this (maybe I will post again after using the entire bottle), it is not worth the price. Instead I recommend using the Diacneal with glycolic acid, which has been way more effective at clearing up acne scars, and blackheads.

I have noticed some of the red marks left over from my acne has decreased in size from using Cleanance but for the price I would have purchased something more effective.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use this as a night moisturizer and it works wonderfully. I know it claims to unclog pores and disappear blackheads but I don't think it does any of that as I still have blackheads. I have determined that for blackhead removal one has to use extraction period! Also, it does sting alot if you do have broken skin (i.e. freshly picked pimples)..somewhat like lemon on a cut. That being said, I still like this product because it has cleared up my skin and whenever I do get zits it zaps them instantly. I luv the fact that it treats my blemishes and acne whilst being moisturizing and gentle on my skin (i.e. do not get dry flakes). I will continue to use it as long as it's in the market. I can officially say now that Avene is my HG skincare line! I LOVE Avene products! EDIT (Sept 2008): Stopped working for me. Did nothing to control my acne. Simply stung my skin on application, that's all. Not repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

stings like HELL! and Im not even all that sensitive. Ok, ok - it stings on an open blemish, not on the smooth parts of my face. Ive been using it a week, but have been using it with Ystheal gel as well, and my forehead and chin have improved. My right cheek is still a mess (I dont sleep on that side either, I dont get it. the left side has cleared up though), but I guess it will just take time. Once I use up the tube and the ystheal gel tube, I will try the diacneal, just to save a step (and save money). Anyway, the consistency is a gel, absorbs ok, though after it dries, its still slightly tacky. you dont need a whole lot of it either. I will update later if it clears up my right cheek! but so far so good on the rest of my face.

This burns my face and i use it as a pimple cream. It works well in bringing down the swell but other than that, it burns and the area turns red for several days.

I stopped using Retin A after 5 years as it always leaves my face red and flaky, although it does a good job at controlling acne. Also I was developing many broken capillaries on my 48 y/o face, which I thought may be due to the Retin A. So when I began to break out yet again I bought this product in desperation, looking for an effective product that does not leave my face looking red and irritated. It is a lightweight gel-cream which spreads nicely. It cleared up my face in about 3 days (using only at night as it leaves face feeling quite sticky) and I can see it clearing out my pores (contains both AHA and BHA). My skin is much improved and I don't have to use a ton of foundation to cover the redness. If you have used this product and don't find it strong enough I would recommend using the Avene Diacneal on alternate nights - another great product. UPDATE: I alternate this nights with Diacneal and Weleda Skin Food, in a three day rotating cycle - and it's working well! My son's acne was worsening and he now uses Cleanance K in the a.m. and Retin-A at night. If you use this in the a.m. you don't want to put foundation over - as it can leave your face quite tacky.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on the weekend hoping it would clear up a severe case of the zits brought on by a reaction to a new cleanser. I've used it twice, just at night- the first time not much happened, but the second time it has dried out all my pimples and they are half the size they were. I did put a thicker layer on the second time so maybe that has something to do with it. My skin is also generally looking clearer. I'm hoping that at the very least it gets rid of the pimples, at the most gives me fresh glowing skin. I shall update in due course, but so far so good.