Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

Great product....

check this link too for Avene face wash... https://www.clickoncare.com/avene-cleanance-gel-200-ml

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EDIT 4/6/2011:
I've taken 2 lippies off as I stopped using this last week after slowly upping my usage to every evening. The 'purging' has never cleared, in fact it got worse, and I seem completely unable to get rid of the spots and clogged pores this caused despite adding in a spot treatment and tailoring my blend of cleansing oils to accommodate my changing skin. I'm now back on mandelic acid every evening and a good moisturiser in the morning but it is making little difference, I've gone from almost clear skin with a few blocked pores to chin full of pimples and clogged pores all over my cheeks, nose and forehead all of which are proving impossible to shift.

Original review 2/11/2011:
Currently I'm in two minds regarding this product and it is likely a little unfair of me to review it already as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but my skin is now in the worst condition it has ever been in. I suppose you would put it down to 'purging' (though I'm not sure that skin works in that way), my chin is now covered in bumps with the occasional whitehead making an appearance and I have the same bumps and a cluster of blackheads in the hollows of my cheekbones which I've never had before.
I used to use mandelic acid to clear my blackheads but in the UK you can only order it online from one company and I had hoped this would basically do the same job but be more accessible. I had been using this every morning and forgoing moisturiser until the evening but given the current condition of my skin I'll be switching my routine up a bit and using this every other evening, adding back in mandelic acid for the nights in between (to help lessen the breakouts) and using a good moisturiser in the mornings.

I don't hate this product - the consistency is nice, the smell not too bad and the tingle when you put it on is actually quite satisfying - I just hope the breakout is part of the process rather than the result, I shall stick with it a while longer and update this review as things change.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have acne-prone, sensitive and combination skin- oily at the T zone and dry on my cheeks, this product did wonders for my skin! I used this product once a day, at night. Ive tried using it in the morning but makeup doesnt go on very well after that, plus it made my skin a little flaky so I went back to once a day. A pea size is all you need for the whole face, and a tube lasted me for about 4 months (I cut it open and got every last bit). Upon application it does sting a little esp where you have pimples but it subsides after a while. Within 3 weeks my face was clear! The tiny blackheads on my nose were gone, my cheeks are smooth and no more tiny bumps on my forehead.

After my skin cleared up I thought I could try other products- I used another night cream for 1 month, and my face started to get tiny bumps and I could feel pimples forming again. So now Im back on it, I wont be switching my night cream any time soon, its my HG (:

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's really great. Apply it at night (make sure your hands are clean to have a fast recovery) and dab only a tiny dot to the blemishes and use your fingertips to smooth the gel. Wash your face thoroughly in the morning with a gentle cleanser, make sure the gel from last night is wash away. Apply the gel again in the morning if you want to. Make sure never to touch it with your hands! Repeat this for about 3-4days and you'll see a difference! My skin is cleared and i love this product, will continue to use it too!

Hmmm...its not really good for spot treatment (ex. if u have a big zit u wanna get rid of, this doesnt do much:() This product is more meant for overall use over your skin...i mixed it with some moisturizer and the next morning...BIG difference....cus i usually have big clogged with sebum pores><...one lippie off

but ya...this is good for ppl with *constantly* clogged pores:)

continued >>

I started using this product after a really bad period, last february: I got a flu, started swallowing down every kind of med, and also got my period, hard and terrible as usual. It was not much for my body to bear, so I started having pimples. They were huge, numerous, and I wouldn't let them alone, so I also started having scars. Also my skin wouldn't stand what I had been using that far..I was desperate. On Alfemminile.com forum I found out what acids can do, and asked the "experts" to suggest me a something I could start usign: they suggested cleanance k and cleanance. I started using cleanance K on april, and before summer my skin was ok, dark spots were almost gone, and I noticed that if I use it on a regular basis my skin feels fine. I use cleanance during the day, and it's pretty light but my skin feels soft and moisturized.
So, cleanance k is good to clean up your skin, maybe cuz it combines AHA and BHA, and it smells good, plus it moisturizes your skin, won't dry it (it's not like diacneal, for instance). On the flip side it's odd: feels like you have a "layer" on your skin, if u rub your finger on your skin it will make dots, so it's definitely something you may want to use during the night.
It's the second tube I bought, it's almost finished, and I will buy again.

Ingredients:
Water,Cyclomethicone,Glycolic Acid,Propylene Glycol,Glycerin ,Polyacrylamide ,Lactic Acid,Polymethyl Methacrylate ,Sodium Hydroxide ,C13-14 Isoparaffin,Disodium Phosphate ,Bisabolol ,Citric Acid ,Dimethiconol ,Disodium EDTA ,Fragrance ,Laureth-7 ,Cucurbita Pepo ,Salicylic Acid ,Zinc Gluconate

Nothing shrinks a pimple like this. I don't use it as a moisturiser, but as a spot treatment product. It is tremendously effective, even though it contains BHA/salicylic acid that seems to have no effect on me.

Try it!

i got a sample of this before purchasing the full size.i have very combo and sensitive skin, and i started noticing a difference after 2 uses.i had a glow, and it eased out my breakout.i use it ionly at night after cleansing and just amazed at the difference it has made over the last couple weeks. hopefully it will hold up in the long run, would definitely repurchase

I think it is a very good product for blemishes. I used it for clearing up my acne flareup (due to the use of wrong cleanser), and it did its job. After 2-3 days i could see that my pores are cleaner, and blemishes were almost gone. But this stuff is strong, I think. I am not even that sensitive but after a few days everyday use, my face became irritated (redness, a little peeling around nose). So I will use it only 1-2 times a week. And never use Cleanance K together with any type of BP!!! I once put a little dot of BP over Cleanance K over a stubborn acne out of desperation, and after a few hours, my skin was (literally) burnt. I think I was just mad: took a week to heal...Edit on 11. 06: I stopped using it. Even 2 times/ week use, it is still too strong, causing severe peeling, redness, dehydration and increased sensitivity. It can be a good product for some people (especially young people with blemish-prone skin) but sadly it did not work for me. Thus minus some lippies.