Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

I would say this is far better than anything LRP or Bioderma had to offer. This is like a light lotion if you are suffering from breakouts and need a lotion treatment, i like to use this under makeup when i really need help. This dries down quickly and layers very well but doens't leave me dry like LRP efflclar range. I feel that its effective and keeps me matte. This can be used at night too under anything you like but usu at night i use a spot treatment. The only thing i don't like is its strong fragrance but I can over look that given its efficacy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing.
The chemical exfoliations I have used so far have been this, the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Alpha H Liquid Gold and this is by far the best. Firstly, it's quite a unique formula, containing all three exfoliating agents (salicylic acid, glycolic and lactic acid). This is the only exfoliating product I have used and really seen a difference in my skin afterwards. It makes the appearance of my skin a lot more smooth and even toned, diminishes blemishes whilst exfoliating gently but thoroughly. Avene Cleanence K is decently priced and never makes me break out. The only con is that it smells REALLY REALLY strong and BAD and I personally am not bothered by or even notice smells at all in products generally, so, that's saying something. Recommend for any skin type, especially oily/congested/blemished.

Guys, this stuff is so good. I can't say enough positive things about it. All summer long my skin was a disgusting mess of clogged pores and whiteheads. My skin is generally pretty clear, but no matter what I did (manual and chemical exfoliation, aztec clay mask, gentle extractions) nothing worked. I finally decided to just change my whole routine and start fresh so I bought the avene cleanance kit on amazon. It came with a soapless gel, this product, a toner, and their thermal mist. This is definitely the star of the kit. It is a moisturizing and exfoliating cream that has chemical exfoliants to unclog your pores and remove dead skin. I use it right after cleansing and toning and since the lotion is a bit moisturizing, my skin doesn't feel very tight like it does with other acne products. My skin always looks better the morning after I use it- bumps have gone down and pores look clearer. I'm so happy I started using this and will absolutely be repurchasing ;)

I got this when I purchased the Avene Cleanance kit for oily and acne prone skin as I used the Avene Soapless Gel cleanser and absolutely loved it. Upon application to clean skin the Cleanance K gel tingles/stings a bit but the sensation goes away after about a minute. I have been using this product only in the t-zone area (to tighten the pores) for about 6 months now and can see that my pores are definitely smaller. I don't often break out but every now and then I do get some very small pink spots coming up on my face...when that happens I immediately apply this gel and know that the pink spots will be gone the next morning.

I have tried the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO and for some reason my skin re-acted to it and went all irritated and dry. So if the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO didn't work for you, then this one might be worth trying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find that this product is really great for clearing breakouts and preventing more. It is very effective and works as advertised! I found it works very well for clearing blemishes that feel deep in the skin, and I can see less redness around infected areas within hours of application.

However, the smell is pretty unpleasant. It reminds me of PVA glue, and the consistency of the product matches! So I feel like I'm spreading glue over my face... The smell also makes me a bit concerned about the chemicals in it, so I try to use it sparingly. Aside from that, it's excellent.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I'll update later - but it seems pretty nice

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Wow, I actually found a product that helps my skin after a years! I tried Bioderma, La Roche Posay and almost all drugstore brands, but this stuff is just amazing. Yes, sometimes my skin is feeling dry and I have tingling sensations for a few minutes after application... but for me the most important is that it HELPS healing my acne. I use it in combination with La Roche Posay Effaclar K because Avene Cleanance K can makes your skin very sensitive (5 days Avene and then 2 days La Roche Posay). It works for me. I totally recommend.

i only use this during the night and did a GREAT job! it stings a little on my problem areas but i know that the products works on my skin really well. it sooth my acne scars and minimize the redness of my popped acne in just an hour or less (with the mostly help from avene cleanance lotion-toner). i dont recommend to use this during the day, especially in the summer because of its thick consistency and moisture. but it doesnt break me out when i use it during the night..

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I purchased this product because I've had such success with Avene Cleanance cleanser. I also was interested as it was a mainstream branded product available in the high street which contained BHA and AHA.
Initially, this was an amazing product. It dealt effectively with blemishes and every day I woke up, my skin looked better and better. However, it does reach a point in which it doesn't improve any more, potentially due to the strength of the BHA and AHA.
The effects will tail off and it there comes a time when it won't get any better and more stronger products may need to be used if there continues to be a problem with PIH.
I used this on holiday - a time when unfortunately, I did not keep up my usual obsessive skin care routine and my skin erupted. I continued to use Cleanance K in the hope that it might help but my skin got worse and worse as Cleanance K isn't for moderate acne.
It isn't strong enough for moderate cases which is disappointing but neither are most high street products.
The packaging is excellent - hygenic and easy to pump out as much of the product as necessary.
I worry that the consistency is quite clogging and seems quite thick despite the fact that there is a gel-like consistency. It can be quite tacky once applied and takes a while to dry.
The pricing from Boots, the retailer in the high street, was on par with most other more high-end French brands and I would consider it value for money as it has far more active ingredients than a lot of other products from other companies.

I would probably re-purchase this if my acne hadn't got considerably worse as Cleanance K just won't be able to tackle it.

I have rated it three out of five overall because Cleanance K definitely has its benefits but I think it will only be effective for really mild cases of acne or for people whose skin just needs brightening and chemically exfoliating.

This product is "ok".

I used it in a moment when I was not having too much acne but my biggest problem were the fresh red marks left by acne.
It helped.
Of course, cause it contains AHA (Glycolic acid and lactic acid which help in exfoliating and in brightening the skin).
What I don't like about this product, even though many people have been loving it, is the feel it leaves on my skin: yes it feels smooth, but it is because of the massive amount of silicones which are inside.
The second ingredient is Cyclomethicone, a silicon. It is NOT our skin that feels smooth, it is just the silicon which feels smooth. This is also what is clogging the pores of many people here: too much silicon gets stuck there.

I give a lot of importance to the ingredients now. I didn't, when I bought this product. Won't buy again.