Hard Candy Sweet Cheeks Liquid Blush - Girlie

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

4.8

on 9/30/2008 6:29:00 PM

I mainly bought this in 2 colors (Girlie and Baby) because it was dirt cheap on Sephora.com ($3.38!) and it sounded interesting. I rarely wear blush, but I'm starting to really like the way it looks on me since foundations tend to wash my already pale (MAC NW15-NW20) skin out even more and leave me looking more pale than usual (I do have redness/pinkness in my cheeks and across my nose naturally, which disappears with foundation or tinted moisturizer).

Sweet Cheeks comes in a nail-polish style container and applies with a brush. While I find the idea of liquid blush a little frightening (because I'm afraid I'm going to put way too much on or it's not going to be sheer enough), this was extremely easy to apply although the brush in my bottle of Girlie is a little out of whack and doesn't apply a nice neat little dot, more like a blob. The pigmentation in the Sweet Cheeks blushes that I tried was very sheer, so no worries about looking like Bozo, even for an amateur like me.

Girlie appears to be a rosy pink in the container and initially looks the same on my skin, but it blends in very quickly, with just some gentle patting and turns into a pale flush of pink with subtle shimmer. Very natural looking (aside from the shimmer, which is barely enough to be noticeable) and flattering on my skin. I imagine this could be built up by applying more (and it would probably need to be for ladies with darker skin tones than mine), but I like the way it looks when it's sheer and subtle.

I would definitely buy this again at the price I paid, but I wouldn't pay retail on this. I'd be more likely to buy a MAC sheertone pressed blush or another liquid blush with a little more oomph to it.

on 9/16/2004 2:36:00 PM

A wonderful liquid blush at a fantastic price. Excellent staying power, easy blendability, nice sheer texture. This particular color is a soft peachy pink with tonal iridescence. It comes in a little bottle reminiscent of nail polish with a brush applicator. I use this almost daily as a base for my powder blushes. My only wish is that Hard Candy would come up with more colors for this product, as there are four colors that are all some variation of peachy pink naturalId like to see some more vibrant colors. Overall, Id recommend this to someone in search of a liquid/cream blush.

on 6/14/2004 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like the product enough that I'll probably get some of the other shades in my next Sephora haul.

This blush is GORGEOUS...it's a beautiful warm corally-peach colour. It lasts about 4 hours on me (it's summer and i have terribly oily skin).

$13.95 for a bottle the same size as Benetint. Very cheap! I'd pay more for this product, actually...it's that good.

on 5/31/2004 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this blush instead of a cheek stain, and I'm thrilled with it, if you have fair skin like I do, a little dot is all you'll need for a nice peach glow, This would also go nicely on tanned skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had this for about 2 weeks now and it has already become an HG product for me. This, to me, looks like liquid NARS Orgasm, except that it shows up far better and lasts all day, unlike the NARS. Oh and it's about half the price, as well. It gives a gorgeous peachy-pink iridescent flush and can be intensified depending on what kind of look you're going for. It works very well under powder blushes or alone. It has tremendous staying power and the best part? It is SO easy to apply. I have tried my share of stains, cream blushes, tints, etc and I can honestly say that the hard candy blush is the easiest and most-foolproof non-powder blush that I've ever used. It is creamy and blends like a dream....no rubbing furiously to blend it before it dries or having yucky stained fingertips. I highly recommend this blush. My only complaint is that all 4 colors available are varying shades of subtle peachy pink nudes...a little more variation would be nice...like some brighter pinks, plums, and red...maybe even a bronze one too! Will most definitely repurchase this one!