Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

3.8

I bought this in "Beige" - not translucent. This is quality powder. Dare I say it? I love this as much as (or even better) than my Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (in NC30 by the way). This is just beautiful - medium coverage, imparts a soft glow, not powdery... it's just good! Makes my skin look great. I wear concealer under my eyes, around my nose, and on freckles/spots and then use the included puff and pat firmly into my skin all over. Love it. :)

Ps. I'm back again. This is now my hg. It's beautiful. I don't like wearing concealer under my eyes and around my nose every time I have to use it bc I'm used to just a one-step powder foundation, but this is such a lovely powder that I don't mind putting on concealer lightly beforehand. If you don't have redness around the nose or melasma like I do, you will enjoy the powder as is and it will give you a flawless look. It's never cakey either. This is a hidden gem.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm a forty-something PPP with sensitive, oily skin. After a week, I decided I couldn't use this, because it makes my face hurt. However, if you don't have sensitive skin, read my review below:

This isn't an exact match for pale skin. It does oxidize to a very light peach undertone and a very light neutral-pink, after several hours. This is more like a good cover and a finished look with two applications. (Apply once, then wait twenty minutes and apply again.) It is a very, very light peach at its most oxidized. The oxidized color is comparable to much more expensive powder foundations like Lancome and Zuzu Luxe. This has a believable finish and an acceptable cover for dark circles, broken caps, redness and mild acne.

CVS puts it on sale, frequently, which makes it $20.00 for a six month supply if it's BOGOF. Also, and I can't say this enough: this is truly gluten-free. (I'm a celiac with an old diagnosis: I react to anything over 5 ppm.) Finding a powder makeup that is truly gluten free and good for oily pale skins is nothing short of a miracle. Good stuff.

on 12/25/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've been using this lately to set my foundation, and I'm very happy with it. I didn't think it would work for me, since I'm an NC42 & on my brush it looks WHITE, but it provides a matte look without any chalkiness or lightening of my makeup. No scent, either. It's kind of expensive for a drugstore product, but it goes on sale at CVS often.

on 10/6/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The main thing I like about this pressed powder in Translucent is that it's not a solid block of color. Application is light and soft. I've tried other translucent pressed powders that are a solid block of color, and even a light application with a brush leaves a heavier finish than I want.

The compact now comes with a brush rather than a puff in the lower section, and the brush also contributes to providing a light application. I apply concealer to cover a little redness on my inner cheeks, and this powder sets the concealer and still looks natural.

on 12/28/2013 12:42:00 AM

this is just a "good" powder
it does its job but nothing amazing.
keeps me matte for maybe a couple of hours, but then i start to get oily again :(
price in canada is pretty expensive, it was like 16 after tax? or around 14.
i have oily skin so i know that i could get something even better for a fraction of the price like the elf loose powder, and the rimmel one.

packaging is a bit big, it did come with a puff that worked well.

will not repurchase

on 1/6/2015 3:27:00 AM

I love this powder, I keep coming back to it. it does it job to set makeup and keep skin matte. I sometimes just use it over sunscreen/moisturizer that makes my forehead oily to mattify and even out my skin on my lazy days. it has a super subtle shimmer to it so that your face doesn't look too flat. I bought multiples and keep one everywhere; bathroom, purse, makeup travel bag to take on vacation, etc. I will buy more when I run out or when there's a sale :)

I'm a big fan of PF powders but this shade just missed the mark. The translucent makes me look chalky. Does a decent job of setting my makeup and doesn't make my skin break out.

I have never really cared for the PF packaging. The little holes on the bottom always make for a messy bag since the loose powder dust falls through and the lid always ends up cracking before I am done wtih the compact.

on 5/27/2012 10:36:00 PM

LOVE IT!

I switched to this from the PF mineral wear talc-free pressed powder (It was good to me but I just wanted a change).

Im super duper uber pale so nothing ever works well with my skintone but this seems just perfectly fine. It gives me just a slight glow with no orange tinges or anything. I can use this alone and I can use it over makeup and it never gets cakey or anything. The puff it comes with is cute..its just a round white cloth type puff that seems to work just fine and even handwashes well.

I recommend this for sure!

PS: The only thing I dont like about this (and like all the other PF pressed powders) is the packaging is so fat that I cant really carry it around because it doesnt fit in my purses very well because its just bulky. ah well.

This product is great! It sets my makeup and gives me a really nice even coverage for my pale skin. I love the packaging. I prefer brushes for application so I don't really use the included puff. Although the compact mirror is a really nice feature. I think I have definitely found an everyday must which is really rare!

on 4/10/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

the first thing I noticed about this powder was how dry it felt so the first time I put it on it was super chalky and it made my skin look extremely dry. The directions say to apply it over moisturizer and, boy, is that great advice! What I do is, use Almay wake up as my foundation, apply a bit of Aveeno moisturizer and then apply the powder with a brush. The powder makes the face looks really smooth and natural and coverage lasts long. If your face gets oily, the just apply a thin layer with the buff par and smooth the excess away with your index fingers.