no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I have used this for 2 years and am moderately pleased. Scent- pretty mild. I do not like the scent of the active ingredients found in almost all sunscreens, so I am not in love with it, but it is tolerable. Packaging- The pump is great and squirts out the right amount. I like that the pump locks so it doesn't squirt out in your beach bag! Formula- It does it's job and is pretty water resistant. I burn easily and even after swimming I don't have to re-apply right away. I can go about an hour between applications if I have been swimming; longer if I have not. It is lightweight and absorbs pretty well. It's a bit too greasy. Pricing- just right

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

10 years ago

I've tried different sunscreen from cosmetic brands. Recently read an article stating that many sunscreen from high end cosmetic brands don't block UVB/UVA though they claim they do. Becos of this reason, I wanted to try a well-known brand in the sun care segment. Since I have combo/oily face, so I have to have a sunscreen item oil-free for face. So far this sunscreen hasn't caused me breakouts, clog pores, nor dried out my skin. However, I don't think this product is good for anyone who have dry skin.

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

I love this sunscreen. It does not cause my combo/oily skin to breakout. It absorbs quickly, feels light, and does not interfere with my makeup. I use this everyday during fall/winter. Great value, but hard to find in my local stores, so I often buy it online. I've used this for over two years. Read the reviews on drugstore dot com, if you don't believe me! My only complaint is that I wish it came in a higher SPF.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

I probably shouldnt have used this because i am black and the gold shows up way too much but i wanted a bronzed sun kissed look! over all i can say this would work well for some one just not me or extremely pale people my friend used it holiday and it looked like when people put fake tan on their face and get those lines cuz they did it badly... I am sure this would be a god send for some though. This also caused breakouts, and left my face oily within 30 minutes I have combo skin but it's not that bad normally it's about 2 hours before i start shining, this is not for the oily faced although the shine is to be expected with such a high level of spf

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

11 years ago

My trusted sunscreen for quite sometime -- I use it for face and body and I've purchased it again and again and again. Leaves a matte finish with no white cast at all, doesn't sting, doesn't pill and works fine under makeup. The newer bottles don't say "reflective" on them, but I believe it's the same formula that has been around for years, just relabled and repackaged. I don't detect any differences in how it feels, looks or performs. It still has the same terrible pump bottle. I love pumps, but this one stops drawing up the product when there is still a ton left in there. Unscrew the cap shake it out. Messy but worth it. So one lippie off for that. Fix the packaging (and maybe even sell this in a larger size) and it gets its fifth lippie.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

from

11 years ago

UPDATE: Breakouts within two days. Tried again 3 days later and had breakouts again. :o( I don't think my skin likes all of the extracts in this formula.... ORIGINAL REVIEW: I am really hoping this doesn't cause me any breakouts or clogs because this has a fabulous matte finish and it's a great makeup base! Best drugstore SS finish that I have found. I think oily skinned girls will love this. It has a faint sting upon application, a little more sting than the NHDDM SPF 45. I believe the PPD is a little lower on the reformulated version. The old one was around an 8, but this one only has 3 actives, and is closer to a 7 Ingredients as of 4/21/09: ACTIVES: Octocrylene 5.000 UVB Sunscreen Oxybenzone 3.000 UVA/UVB Sunscreen Avobenzone 1.000 UVA Sunscreen OTHER: Water Vehicle Dicaprylyl Ether Emollient/Solubilizer Hydrated Silica Feel Modifier Glycerin Skin Conditioner Agent C14-22 Alcohols New Light Feeling Emulsifier Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer Waterproofing Agent Phenoxyethanol Preservative Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Biological Additive Sodium Polyacrylate New Light Sheer Felling Rheology Modifier Dimethicone Sking Conditioning Agent C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside New Light Feeling Emulsifier Methylparaben Preservative Propylparaben Preservative Plumeria Acutifolia (Plumeria) Flower Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower) Fruit Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum (Dasheen) Root Extract Biological Additives Disodium EDTA Chelating Agent Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Time-released Vitamins A,C,E

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Coarse

11 years ago

Ohhhh, I wanted to like this so bad! It's CHEAP and it doesn't make my face look shiny or feel greasy at all, which is great since I have extremely oily skin. Not surprisingly however, this broke me out just like every other sunscreen I have ever tried. After about two weeks of using this my entire face was covered in blackheads and whiteheads and I had to wait another two weeks for my skin to clear up. No matter how diligent I was at removing this with an oil cleanser followed by a foaming cleanser and my clarisonic, the pimples persisted. Oh well, the quest for the HG sunscreen continues... For reference, I have oily skin and non inflamed acne, which I treat with retin-a gel. My skin is extremely clog-prone.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

My favorite facial sunscreen, hands down. I'm so glad I found it again after not being able to find it for a few years. I am really serious about skincare (especially my face) and even though I've tanned and stuff in the past I'm starting to get really diligent with protecting my skin. I don't go artificial tanning anymore but even when I did I used sunblock on my face. I love this sunblock for so many reasons. First, it's not oily and I have oily skin. Big plus as most sunblocks/screens I have used are super greasy and oily. It is non-comodogenic, anti-again, fragrance free, dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, waterproof, non-migrating, and shine free (all right from the bottle). It even has a little mirror on the front for easier application! This also doubles as a moisturizer so you won't need to apply your regular moisturizer when using this. I used to use this when I played competitive tennis and was in the sun for hours on end and I never got burnt. I do, however, still get color on my face when I use this product. I tan VERY easily (if i go outside in the sun for ten minutes I get good color) so I think that is why and the only way I wouldn't tan even with sunblock on is if I just don't go outside but that is not going to happen. Don't let that discourage you though because it does have adequate sun protection. I love this sunblock and can't wait for the weather to get warm so I can start using it again =) . I got it on sale at Walgreens AND it came with a free lip gloss that has SPF 20. I love it!

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

11 years ago

This was one of the first sunscreens I began using on my face but since I've moved on to Japanese, and currently now, European sunscreens, I don't use this one any longer. The texture of the sunscreen is creamy, which is a characteristic of most American ss. When it is applied on the face, it leaves a white cast and if you sweat it many sting your eyes. The ppd rating is probably low, not to mention the photostability factor as well. If you're looking for serious sun care, this one is not for you.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

Well, I'm very surprised and impressed by this product. (Mine isn't the reflective formula, just sheer spf 30). I decided to try it based on tons of positive reviews on another site, and I'm glad I did. I'd given up entirely on finding a sunblock that would work on my face, so I was going without (bad). Amazingly, my skin looks pretty young still at 31, at least as far as wrinkles go, but I knew it would go downhill fast if I didn't find some daily sunblock. This is one of the rare few sunblocks I've tried that doesn't deep down aggravate my skin, resulting in cysts and lots of little pimples; no thanks I'll take the wrinkles and skin cancer! Actually, weirdly enough, this stuff is calming and clarifying my skin. I've NEVER had a sunblock do that, let alone any lotion other than an alpha hydroxy. Hopefully they never change the formula, because I'm afraid to try anything else now.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinOther