Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner

3.9

I actually really love this eyeliner and the firmer tip it has, it takes all the guesswork out of slapping on a wing. Unfortunately, it tends to transfer onto my upper lids with primer and powder, so I wouldn't repurchase this for myself.

on 2/26/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this, but for me it's just a mediocore eyeliner and therefor I'm giving it 2.5 lippies and I'm going to explain further why.

First of all: I'm an eyeliner addict. I never leave the house without winged eyeliner, so I tried many many eyeliners, since I can't ressist trying out a new one, which is why I ended up buying the écriture de Chanel eyeliner and used it for the last 3 1/2 months.

Even though the colour is not the blackest black, it's still deep enough and spreads evenly, without looking blotchy and you don't have to layer it, which is a big plus. The tip is not too soft and wont wear off but (and this is a big BUT) it is not really very handy, if you want to create a thin, precise line or wing. Sure, it's not like you're using a thick edding marker but you can definitely forget about this product when it comes to precise very fine lines. Also: despite using a decent primer, it began to smudge after about 8 hours. And another massive negative point: even though it was always carefully stored, it dried out after only 3 1/2 months and I didn't even use this product on a daily base, which is very disappointing.

So all in all: yes, there are some very nice and enjoyable sides of this eyeliner, but I've came across many more, that preform way better and some of them are also less expensive, which is why I wont repurchase this.

To Read all 86 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/28/2014 4:05:00 PM

I wanted a good liquid liner and the past 3 that I've tried were cheep and nice but NOT HOLY GRAIL .
So I thought that if I'm going to get an expensive one ( this Chanel liner ) it'll be better ( I also read multiple reviews and everyone seemed to love it )

So I got it .
and … it's OK--.

I've been using it for 4 months ( which is enough time to know if you like a product or not- for me ).
A couple of good things that I think about this product -
* It's long lasting and doesn't budge very easily ( I went to sleep with my makeup on by accident and it was pretty perfect when I woke up )
* The tip is NICE but I've seen better ( It's pretty easy to draw a good line but it's not as precise if I want to create a perfect wing )

Why I don't like this product and won't repurchased -
* IT'S NOT BLACK ! I have to do 3 layers if I want it to be black. to draw a line than it needs to set which is about 3-5 minutes (a lot of time) and draw again exc.
* The finish when the liner is dry is glossy ( not my favorite )
* The packaging is annoying because at the beginning when you get the product it takes a lot of switches until the product comes out ( I wasted a lot of product because of it ) . and every time you switch it a lot of product comes out and you need to put it on your hand and then apply it on to your leads .
* It's EXPENSIVE ! .

on 3/25/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using this eyeliner about 20 years now and it works perfectly for my Korean eyes. The wear is long lasting and the pen tip is excellent for drawing a good line. The black is not the blackest black but it is black enough for me (i actually like that it isn't too black bc I wear liquid eyeliner everyday to work) When I want more drama, I build up my line and sometimes do a cat eye. I have tried Stila and Dior. Stila irritates my eyes and smudges and Dior is similar to Chanel. I have tried the BB gel liner and that smudges.

on 2/25/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was my go-to liner for 2 or 3 years. I like the look of it, and usually managed a clean enough line. However, I've found that because you have to 'click' the product out, sometimes the tip got funked up or otherwise ended up depositing too much liner. I also had some difficulties with the brush itself, while usually great, I accidentally bent some of the bristles, and they left rogue smudges across my eyelids until I snipped the bent pieces off with nail scissors. I also wish the eyeliner dried a little more quickly, although if you're careful, it isn't that big of an issue. All in all, it is a good enough product, though I have since found one more suited to my tastes.

on 10/23/2013 3:07:00 PM

I bought this product when I decided to splurge and actually get a nice eyeliner. I loved it the first few times that I used it. Easy to take off and apply. I had to shake it up a bit to make sure the color is always dark thought and not blotchy.

I wear eyeliner daily now and usually just a small wing and in between the eyelashes, so I need something with a point that applies easily.

SO, THEN I started to notice that the liquid always gets stuck. Too much always over flows out and then hardens on the brush for me. It was a pain in the butt. The color wasnt dark enough of was blotchy, the liquid gets stuck and dries way too fast for beginner users. I hate applying it and realizing nothing went on at all!!

I started hating this product and eventually ended up buying another eyeliner that was 10 dollars cheaper worked 10 times better. Will not be spending money on this product ever again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love love love this liner! It's a staple in my collection, and I find myself reaching for it regularly. It's such a benefit to be able to control how much product comes out of the tube. That makes up for the price, because a little bit goes a long way and even if you use it everyday, it should still last a long time.

Another good thing about this liner is the brush tip. It's a fine tip that's high quality, making it easy to create a thin line for everyday use, or to create a chic winged line if that's what you like. And the tip won't fray or break down before the product runs out either. It's an all around great investment to make if you like liquid eyeliner, or a sharp, clean look.

ETA: I noticed that if I accidentally turn it so that more comes out than I want, I just swipe it lightly across the lid, then dip back into it when I'm ready to do the other eye. This prevents waste while still giving me the control needed to create a decent line.

on 7/5/2013 11:53:00 AM

In the past few months, I decided to ditch all my colorful eyeshadows and embrace the classic parisian look: eyeliner, mascara and red lips.
That's why I decided to get Ecriture in Black. It's pricey, but after reading about it on the Cherry Blossom Girl's blog, I bought it.
What a surprise! It goes on smoothly and creates a neat line that lasts for hours. I can even draw two nice wings at the corner of the eyes. And I could do it from the first application!
When you twist the pencil the color comes out very shiny, but after a while the ink dries and the effect is quite elegant and refined.
The felt tip is soft, but firm enough to make a precise line. I am not yet running out of the
product, after months of daily use.
If you can afford it, this is the easiest and chicest way to achieve your new cat's eyes look!

on 4/10/2013 3:56:00 PM

This is indeed a great liquid eyeliner, even it's pricey it lasted for more than one year (I was using it daily). While I was using it, I had no complaint with it. The lasting power is great, it's waterproof, easy to use, had everything I needed for a liquid liner.

However, I gave it 4 lipsticks because I do believe some of the drugstore eyeliner would do the same good job as this one. For this reason I wouldn't buy this again. Unless you are really in to HE brands, then this would be a good HE item to own. It's still the best liquid eyeliner out all the HE eyeliners I used.

on 3/27/2013 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I had to get used to it the first few times, but once used to it it's amazing.
It gives me a nice, black and good looking line. Great for creating a thin line as well as a thicker winged line. When opening this pen for the first time the brush is quite hard, but once the eyeliner itself comes out it softens and makes it easy to apply.

The way I use it: First start with curling my lashes(always do this as a first step, otherwise my eyeshadow and liner will smudge a tiny bit). Then I put on UD primer potion followed by some eyeshadow. Although I'm getting better at putting eyeliner on I still make a thin line with a kohl across my lid. Then I use this eyeliner and wing it out. Works great for me.