4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 days ago

I've had this for months and months, it's like MAC Syrup but deeper. I use them both with equal regularity, more than any other lipsticks. This one I use with MAC C-thru gloss more than anything else. This is a fantastic lipstick if you want a slightly muddied dusty rose colour. This ends up far better than two similar and more popular colours (Cosmo and Brave) on me, because my skin colour is a brown beige (muddied beige). It harmonizes best, but with a pop (because of the purplish tinge). I'm a 'Classic beige' in L'oreal true match, 'Wheat II' in Lancome, and matched to NC40-42 at MAC. The texture and longevity (for comfort) is excellent. Although I like it best with nothing else on the lips but C thru gloss, for lipliners, I like this best with a darker lipliner blended in, although I do have Whirl as the colour that blends in best with it. With Whirl I think it is blah, it looks more interesting with a deeper colour (MUFE No. 14)

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

8 months ago

I have been on the hunt for a dupe of the long-dc'd Nars lippie Masai - one of my absolute treasured faves from the oughts. To that end, I ordered Fast Play based only on social media images and comparisons. First off, it's not very similar to Masai, which has micro-glitter and can look a bit plummy. Fast Play is flatter/creamier, and much too brown for my skintone (N10-15 with rosacean ruddiness). Some pros: excellent color payoff, minimal transferring, and as always with Mac the price point is good for the amount of product you get. I haven't decided if I'll keep it but I may, mostly because I don't have anything quite like it at the moment and I am still searching for the perfect (non-brown) cool-toned brick-red.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

This is the perfect plummy brown shade. I had not worn in for a while and put it on again today. Wow! Can't believe how lovely it is. Mac makes the best lipstick.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Mac fastplay lipstick- ohh it's a neutral natural looking lipstick which will be good for office going womens and for the makeup free days to add little pop of colour to your lips. It not only looks good on lips, it also plumps as it is from amplified cream finish and moisturises lips from drying... It won't make lips dry for more than 6 hours... I absolutely recommend it...

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

I don't understand the reviews that say Fast Play is a nude. On my neutral-toned, fair skin, this is a pink lipstick. It's not Barbie pink, but it's very definitely a cool pink. I do like it, and I like the feel of the Amplified formula, but the colour is too much like many other pinks for it to be a must have for me. I'll keep using it, but I doubt if I'll repurchase it. EDIT: I've had this for two weeks now and I'm wearing it regularly. It's not as cool a colour as I first thought and is much more flattering. I must have been having a bad day when I first reviewed it. I still don't know if I would repurchase Fast Play, but I do like it.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I wanted Cosmo, but they were out. They were out of about every color I picked. So I got fast play because it looked super close to Cosmo, and I adore the amplified creme formula. Fast play is kind of a dusty maybe with a reddish tone, or a light Brown burgundy. I can't decide. It looks amazing on. I love it but probably will try to go for one of the other colors that weren't in stock that I wanted. Nothing at all wrong with this though. I wish mac would add more shades to the amplified line, it's a fabulous creamy, stay put formula.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This is a perfect shade for girls so are washed out by a lot of Mac nudes. It has a smooth texture that doesn't dry out my lips, it's dusty mauvey browny reddy pigment looks stunning on so many complexions and compliments many eye looks. My go to Mac lipstick!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I’ve been using this lipstick shade for 3 years now and it’s defo one of my go to MLBB lippies! I’ve already bought a replacement just in case I lose my current one :p It has a very creamy consistency and has pretty high coverage, but it doesn’t have amazing staying power. It also dries out my lips a little, but my lips have always been dry to begin with. I usually like to pair this with the MAC Spice lipliner and then I’m good to go! As I got older (I’m 22 now), it started getting a little too pink for my liking, but it’s still a really beautiful and natural looking colour :) would defo recommend it to a friend!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

5 years ago

I have been collecting browny pink lipsticks for the last few months it seems. A lighbulb finally went off in my head when I got Bobbi Brown Brownie that they are incredibly flattering on my skintone. So for hanging out and for work I have been using MAC Twig (Satin), MAC Fast Play (Amplified) and MAC Creme in Your Coffee (Cremesheen). Twig is the most drying of the trifecta but also the most long lasting. I love that I need not have a lip liner and I can just slap these on and go. Been loving alternating between the three but they are not identical. Twig and Creme in Your Coffee are close but CIYC is just so... buttery feeling. I love it the most of the three. Fast play has just a hint of a bit more red and I mean the very minute hint. It is moisturizing and flattering on my NW45 skintone. In any event I will continue to use all three. I will not repurchase Fast Play but the other two will be mine FOREVAH. Well, at least for as long as MAC makes them.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

Fast play is a perfect deeper, browny-mauve nude! I'm quite fussy with nudes as (even though I'm only a nc25) I always feel they wash me out, and have bought many, many cult favourite nudes from mac (shy girl, creme cup, velvet teddy, peach blossom) yet always feel they are a little too light for me - particularly in photographs. I have dark hair and I feel this colour of nude is the most flattering. It has the perfect, creamy Amplified finish and wears off evenly. I get compliments every time I wear it! A definite repurchase, and a must have for those who want to love nudes but find many a little top light!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24