CLINIQUE Sheer Shimmer City Block SPF 15

CLINIQUE Sheer Shimmer City Block SPF 15
Sheer Shimmer City Block SPF 15

3.3

on 2/25/2014 1:51:00 PM

I use under makeup as a sunscreen and it does nothing for me. Its kind of a tinted moisturizer/ Sunblock. what's the point if you sunburn after putting on. It has nice scent though but would not buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the concept of this, but the coverage is even more sheer than an average tinted moisture. The sheer shimmer is even more sheer in coverage than the original, but has too much shimmer in it. I also find that it's harder to blend than regular city block. I have the golden shade in a little GWP tube. You can find this in a better form, it's basically the same thing as Revlon skinlights.

I have this in Bronze and it's a good thing I stocked up because they have since discontinued it. I use this as my bronzer and it looks very natural. I don't find it sparkly at all, as some reviewers have complained about. Yes, there is shimmer but it's not at all overkill--just enough to give you a healthy glow. I also love the scent (kind of like coconuts) and it feels nice and light on the skin. However, I would not recommend this product for those with acne lesions because of the texture of the product (it's slightly on the thick side), unless you apply it with a foundation brush (cover the zits with concealer first though--Sheer Shimmer is as the name implies; sheer. You don't want bronzed zits now, do you?) And though it is sheer, it does a nice job of evening out your skin tone. If I find this, I will surely buy this again.

on 7/17/2007 10:44:00 AM

I like wearing this instead of makeup when my face is relatively clear without major blemishes. It makes the small ones less visible plus it adds nice shimmer which is in no way too glittery (unless you put on too much of course). I also like the smell, light coconut. The texture is nice, applies smoothly and the colour does not make me look pink (I have it in Golden, and i do use it all over my face). It does leave the hands glittery but that's what we have soap for:) I first came across this in an auction, came in mini-size, and I bought a regular size after I ran out of the GWP size. If I don't come across anything better, I will repurchase.

An extra from a lovely swapper. I was very surprised by the quality of this TM with SPF 15. I will not repurchase but will definately use it in lieu of foundation when I goto the Florida Keys this week!

I think this product was discontinued for a reason. The color was sheer and glittery, but the cream was very thick and heavy. I felt like I was clogging my pores every time I put it on. Now I use the moisture surge one.

on 12/17/2005 10:48:00 PM

A decent product. I live in a very humid climate so I use this as my foundation & sunscreen, and like the added shimmer in the golden. However, use too much and you'll shimmer a bit too much.

on 12/5/2005 12:55:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this product... Some days, I'd give it a ten, while other days even one lippy would be too many. What this is – it's basically physical sunscreen (SPF 15) with shimmer, and also a bit of a tinted moisturizer, all in one. Its oil- and fragrance-free, but it does have a scent. The shimmery version comes in two shades, Golden (lighter) and Bronze (darker). I have it in Golden, which is pinkish tint with lots of gold shimmer. And I mean lots! Not subtle shimmer. Bronze has more red in it, which I’d love to see in the lighter shade, too. Sheer Shimmer is a no-go for me in the winter, partly because it’s too dark and OTT, and partly because my skin is too dry then (even with moisturizer) to make a good base for this product. In the summer, well... It works great when my skin has a bit of a tan and gets oilier. I can make it work as a subtle bronzer, but usually just use a very small amount for the entire face, and blend like mad – or streaks will remain. It smoothens out the tone of my skin and gives it an amazing golden glow, shimmery glow, which lasts throughout the day. On days like these, this is my only makeup besides concealer, although I might use a smidgeon of moisturizer under it. (Me: neutral PPP, drier combination skin).

You'll find more reviews for this product in P’Ville under bronzers.
continued >>

on 9/1/2005 6:30:00 AM

I dunno why i chose this over hydrabalance Clarins tinted moisturiser (which i had used and tolerated well)
This costs NZD44 and it costs me to have break out oround the cheek (huge ones!!!)
Urgh, avoid it although it gives me a good coverage

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is waaaay too shimmery for all over my face. I looked like a total greaseball, even though I wasn't. It might work as a highlighter on cheekbones and the like, but I would never advise ANYONE to use this all over. So that sort of defeats the purpose of putting SPF in it, right? Oh well. Another bunch of $$$ down the tubes.