3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

12 years ago

I'm not sure if I would buy this again -- I really liked it, but it wasn't anything to write home about, especially when there are other lovely LUSH products.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

12 years ago

Alkmaar you are divine. Why did you leave me so soon??? I thought we had amazing chemistry... I feel so--cheated. I'll never really be over you. I know I'll cave in and will do whatever it takes to get you back in my life & shower. <br><br> This is an amazing soap and I will definately repurchase it. It isn't as moisturizing as my favorite lush soap (figs & leaves), but it's luxurious nonetheless. <br><br> I've heard silky underwear smells the same and I'll be off to get my hands on that today.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

This is close to the best smell in the world in my opinion. It neeeeeeds to be made into a perfume or at least a cream/massage bar! I keep it in my clothes drawers and it scents my whole room gorgeously. I am thinking of dissolving some into some pure vodka or something to make my own perfume from it! :D

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0

13 years ago

I really love the scent of this soap. I have to give lush credit when it comes to wonderful fragrances in (most) of their products. But the performance stops here. It dried my skin out and the bar was gone in about a week :( But based on the scent alone, I might purchase again if I am stocked up on lotion to put on right after :)

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

13 years ago

I always have this in my bathroom, even though soap tends to dry out my skin so I only use it on oily areas. The smell is just so wonderful, I wish it lingered longer on my skin.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

13 years ago

This scent of Alkmaar is certainly more subtle in comparison to LUSH's other soaps, so I never thought of trying it until my sister bought me a bar...and now I'm hooked! I love the creamy lather and clean scent, somehow this stuff reminds me of my beloved Snowcake soap (although this is definitely more of a floral scent). I'll be buying this again...

About reviewer (311 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

13 years ago

This is a soap I've walked past countless times in the LUSH store in favour of sweeter, flashier, more potently fragranced soaps, but recently I had a little revelation of "OhMiGolly I love love LOVE Alkmaar!" when a houseguest left a sizable chunk of it in our bathroom, and, of course, I HAD to try it out. Think this ain't scented compared to other soaps in the shop? Wait till you get it wet. The scent on skin is creamy, sensual and sophisticated, jasmine and a little bit of something like vanilla - but more grown up. It's soooooo softening and delicious on the skin, it feels very decadent and "special treat"-ish. Gorgeous. Only reason this is ain't getting a 5 lippie review is the fact it's really melty and doesn't seem to last long at all for the cashola. Still, I'll buy more of this when my accidentally-left-behind chunk's disappeared (which won't be long....if you're reading this Jane, I'm sorry, but I HAD to use your posh soap! I'll getcha more! :-) )

About reviewer (300 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

13 years ago

This is my favourite soap. Things I like about it; it makes my skin feel silky smooth, the scent (jasmine) is gorgeous, very subtle and not too strong like many other LUSH products. It was very gentle, it didn't irritate my skin at all or make it sore which is unusual, as most soaps do. It reminds me of my favourite LUSH bath bomb Youki-Hi, when I use them together it layers up the scents so I smell of jasmine for longer! Things I don't like about it; compared to other LUSH products it's not very pretty, just plain white block of soap, and it's not as strongly scented, although some people may prefer this. It's a bit pricey, but not so much that I would stop buying it. However, in the winter months I would want something a little more moisturising and exfoliating.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I really enjoyed this soap. I didn't know I was a jasmine fan, but I guess I am since I find the scent of this so intoxicating. It is floral but not overwhelmingly so and has the note of warmth and spice that I can't identify but I love. Didn't strip my skin which was nice also. My only complaint: despite removing the soap from the shower to a dry draining soap dish, a $7 dollar chunk only lasted about 2.5 weeks, which is a little much. I liked the scent so much I would repurchase though as a special treat.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

13 years ago

EDIT: I haven't repurchased this soap because it contains SLS (like most of LUSH's soaps.. Grr!), which I think dries out my skin something awful. I love love love this soap.. it smells divine - there is nothing else out there that smells quite like it. Other than saying it's jasminey, I can't describe the scent. I wish Lush made a perfume that smelled like this soap. I guess you either love it or hate it - and I definitely love it. When you use it, the lather is creamy rather than foamy and it is really gentle on your skin. Awesome product! UPDATE: check out Lush's Silky Underwear Dusting Powder and Silky Underwear Solid Perfume for the great Alkmaar scent!

About reviewer (318 reviews)

AgeUnder 18