3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

16 years ago

I got this soap thinking it would be a luxuriously scented soap that would lather up in your hand and leave you soft and smooth. It lathered well, but left my skin dry. The smell was nothing special either. I won't get this one again.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

16 years ago

Got a small sample in a swap with an awesome MUA-er. Lathers quite well, fragrance is okay but it's not my kind of smell. The small piece I had was gone by the time the shower is over! I guess I used it quite vigorously! Not like the demon in the dark...that thing doesn't budge onto my skin!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlack

16 years ago

Absolutely imperative that you get a chunk of this which is fresh. Then you get the full effect which is absolutely gorgeous otherwise you end up with something that might remind you of Dove soap.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinNormal

16 years ago

This is the only thing from LUSH I don't like...it's stinky to me. I love all the soaps I've tried so far, but this one smells like...oh, I cannot even describe it, but it stinks. Good lather like all other LUSH soaps though. I guess it's just a personal scent choice. I'll stick w/ my Banana Moon, Milky Bar, and Rock Star.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

16 years ago

Mmmmm, I love Alkmaar... it smells sooooo good and is so creamy. My only beef with Lush is that they don't offer enough products for layering, though the Silky Underwear (wonderful!) powder does match this. I found that Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne goes with this one nicely.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Medium

16 years ago

The scent wasn't horrible but it wasn't something that I would like to smell like all day... old ladyish... Some have said it smells like Silky Underwear.. I do agree.. but lets keep it in a powder.. A slightly white/gray soap that smells of vetivert and j

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination

EyesHazel

17 years ago

Creamy white chunk that looked a lot like cheese. I managed to snag a chunk from few that were left at the store because it was such a hit seller. Smelled like jasmine ( not in headache-inducing way ) with a background that was not quite vanilla, but creamy nevertheless. Produced lots of creamy lather down to its last bit and that one chunk emitted enough fragrance to scent every cubic inch of my bathroom. The quality of LUSH soaps I tried so far were excellent, but as always, overpriced. Hence, I am deducting one lipstick for the price.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

17 years ago

Tranquil jasmine and honeysuckle...a beautiful floral (but not too floral) soap...love it!<P>Such a pleasure to use, I just keep inhaling the scent as I wash! It's creamy and slightly moisturising too, doesn't leave me feeling dry and taut like some of the other LUSH soaps do (Rock Star being one of them).<p>Honey I Washed The Kids is my fave LUSH item, but Alkmaar comes in a close second along with Creamy Candy Bubble Bar!

About reviewer (557 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

17 years ago

I love this! It didn't have much of a scent i the store so I reluctantly bought a small one. When I finally used it --Wow, a diferent story there. There was a mix of jasmine and vanilla. If you love Armani Sensi and MAC MV1 scents this is a perfect compliment to it! sexy and yummy at the same time. I think I like it better than Karma soap! Equal billing to Honey I washed the kids and Milky bar.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

17 years ago

Very nice soap! Feels soft and luxurious and smells comforting, not strong. I feel like I am treating myself when I use this.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinOther