3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I like this soap, it smells like Lush's Silky Underwear and I love that. The scent isn't very strong and doesn't last however so I probably won't repurchase. It wouldn't lather much but is very creamy so no big deal. It was very moisturizing, so I didn't moisturize after my shower. I shaved with it, worked well for this. I would recommend this if you don't want a heavy smell but I like a lingering smell so that's the only reason I won't get it again. There are better scents for me.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

Alkmaar is an extraordinary bar soap. It produces a rich, moisturizing lather rarely found of the bar variety and has a gorgeous scent. The best way I can describe washing with Alkmaar is that I feel ultra luxe afterwards. Silky, soft, moisturized.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

7 years ago

This is probably one of my favorite bar soaps. The smell is very light and slightly floral, and isn't overpowering or strong. I can barely smell it on my skin after a shower, which is nice because I don't like soaps or lotions clashing with my perfume. But what I loved about this bar is that it lathers like a freaking dream! I get a very rich, creamy lather when I use this, and it's very moisturizing as well. Definitely buying this again!

About reviewer (396 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

8 years ago

There is something about this soap that I just really love. Whenever I use this I feel classy and elegant, I have no idea why because this soap is plain in color and gets compared to cheese according to Lush. The scent of this soap is a very faint floral that regretfully does not linger on the skin. Unlike Honey I washed the Kids, this soap is not drying, but it also gets you very clean and makes decent foamy suds on my loafa.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrunette

9 years ago

What I imagine Coco Chanel or Princess Grace using. LOVE the soft floral smell; it's super light and delicate. The jasmine is very subtle and not at all overpowering, so it still smells clean and fresh. The lather is creamy and luxurious feeling (as it should be, given the price) and rinses clean. No filmy soap residue, which was a big concern for me going into this. Leaves my skin feeling so soft, but we'll see how it holds up over the winter. Expensive, but I'll probably be repurchasing, especially given the environmentally responsible packaging and ingredients!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGray

9 years ago

This is the only body soap I use now; it’s the best of the Lush soaps. It’s creamier/gentler than Porridge and doesn’t have all those annoying little pieces and smells better than Honey I Washed the Kids. The only thing I don't like is that the smell doesn't last after showering. I am thinking about getting the Silk Underwear that other reviewers mention so that I can keep the smell going throughout the day. UPDATE11.31.11: The skin on my shins, elbows, fore arms, and hands became extremely dry to the point of flaking. I tried moisturizing more often but it just got more and more noticeable as it has gotten colder outside. I have switched to Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value Unscented soap for the winter. Since I still love the scent I have made the remaining block I have into potpourri. Not sure if I will repurchase since its on the costly side and I can't use it year round.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

So far the best LUSH soap I have found. Its super moisturizing, smells really good, and I love that it doesn't have any crazy dried fruits or something in it like many other LUSH soaps so I don't have to worry about some random cherry clogging my shower drain. Although I really really love the smell of HIWK and will probably continue to use it for the smell, Alkmaar is how I wish the after effect of HIWK was. My skin is soft, the bar lathers up very creamy, it smells good, the soap bar is smooth with no extra shenanigans, etc etc. This and the 17 Cherry Tree Lane soaps are my fav LUSH soaps in terms of smell, consistency, and moisturization.

About reviewer (254 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I was super excited to try this product after reading the product description. I went to my local Lush and asked for a sample. It has a very subtle scent to it and lathers really well, but the scent fades rather quickly.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

Got a sample of this last month. Usually I savor my samples, but I had to give this one away to a friend. Even though Almaar is very creamy, it was still very drying on my skin. (But my skin is extremelyyy dry to begin with) The thing I really couldn't stand about this product is the smell. First off, I'm not a floral girl so that my have something to do with it, but I didn't smell jasmine or honeysuckle at all. It's described as "Sexy" and "Smokey", but smells like rubber to me. Not sexy at all. Glad I didn't buy it =)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

OVERVIEW: Very creamy, lathers really well in the shower without the use of a sponge, leaves my skin very soft and moisturized, scent stays on my skin a few hours after shower. I can really smell the jasmine and it is very relaxing. Overall, Alkmaar smelled heavenly at first, but after I used it in the shower, it kind of smelled like sun block lotion. I slice my Alkmaar soap into small pieces and for the big chunk that I'm not currently using in the shower, I keep in a ziplock bag in the fridge. INGREDIENTS: (from LUSH website) Honeysuckle Infusion, Amaranth Infusion, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Glycerine, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil, Styrax Resinoid, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate. PACKAGING: It's LUSH! Eco-friendly, 100% compostable and recyclable paper. PRICE: $7.95 for 3.5 oz (0.22 lb)... slightly smaller than the size of a Dove soap bar. I will probably repurchase.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure