LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

3.3

Sea Vegetable is a citrusy, subtly scented soap from Lush. It is of a much harder consistency than most of Lush's other soaps. Therefore it produces less of a foam too and can be quite drying on the hands. I quite enjoy the scent though it is very subtle and soft - it definitely won't clash with any perfumes or lotions you are wearing. It is good value for money as it is one of Lush's cheaper soaps, but I am not a fan of how hard it is. It's is too drying to be a go-to soap for me unfortunately. I will use up the bar but not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this for free at my local Lush store and I have tried it for the first time today. After it fell from my hands and went sliding around the shower a couple of times it does not foam, does not lather, does not do anything to me really... so even though I love the limeish scent I will not repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff IS pretty drying. It smelled limier in the store but now it' more of a men's fragrance. Really drying. Wish I'd gotten more of the other citrus ones.

on 9/16/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I like the scent and that's about it for me. It leaves me squeaky clean, but my main problem is that it doesn't lather up well. I use a loofah. I wash myself, and about half way through, I have to use more soap. I feel like it's a waste because there are some other lush soaps that lather up really nicely and I never have to add more. The color is pretty though.

on 11/3/2013 2:49:00 PM

This soap smells like citrus and the ocean. It's a nice clean scent, a little masculine for me though. I agree with other reviewers, the smell does not linger. I did like the salt and seaweed layer on the top of the soap. It's good to exfoliate dry areas. I wouldn't repurchase because there are better Lush soaps out there.

on 7/16/2013 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't find this soap particularly drying, although it's super clarifying and leaves your skin squeaky clean. The scent is lovely too. goes really well with Big Blue bath bomb and Sunnyside bubble bar, as well as ocean salts for a beautiful oceanic bath cocktail :) I took off a single lippy because it wasn't lathery or moisturizing.

on 6/10/2013 9:10:00 PM

This is kind of just ok for me. I liked the smell pretty well but it didn't linger at all. I really scrubbed it in and let it sit for awhile too. It didn't dry my skin, but I'm not really dry to begin with. Some would need moisturizer with it, I believe. The lather was not really happening but it did make a good slip and I shaved with it just fine. I like other scents by Lush better for my dollar.

on 5/21/2013 9:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wasent very keen on this one is it kinda hard and unmoisturising, I won't be repurchasing this one

Smells of the ocean, which I love. But there is no way I could use this more then once a week max because its very drying. Once or twice a month I do a beach theme shower. Sea veg soap, big or senik shampoo and big conditioner bathroom smell so lovely the rest of the day. But I have to slap on the lotion like crazy lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

How can people love this?? I still have horrible memories from going on a beach holiday and trying this. Although I loved the smell, my skin has never become as tight, dry, itchy and red as then. I had to spend my last money on a normal regular showergel which saved my skin a looot.

Man, this product is a hell for your skin.