2.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

The worst nail polish I’ve ever tried. It takes at least 4 coats to look decent (with or without a base coat) and started to chip a few hours later.

Age44-55

HairBlond

a year ago

I am very disappointed with the last L'Oreal nail polishes that I bought. One is 110 Crystal in a facted bottle, the other is 102 , Colour Riche, Noisette,in a small one, They last a very short time before they start to look shabby and the 110 peels and dulls in a few days (the other does, too,and it streaks, no matter how much I shake it) I redid the 110 three nights ago and it looks dull already. The 102 is not much better. This used to be an excellent brand, and I have used it for a long time, but never again. I have an old bottle of yellow (my political party colour) and it is as good as new after some years !!! The new ones are like really cheap polish.

Age36-43

HairRed

EyesGray

from

3 years ago

HG formula/color for my fingernails!! Wow!! I was looking for a light peach/nude/shiny color for my hands. Sparitual Hypnotic is my go-to for pedicure. I snagged L'Oreal nail color in 310 Romance - Perfect combo - 1) basecoat: Nutra Nail Strengthener with Green Tea, 2) L'Oreal, 3) Poshe top coat on wet #2 - Beautiful! The 310 color is hard to describe, easy to love - Gorgeous for work, after work, everywhere. There is some duochrome (subtle) in different lighting/angles, but it is pink/amber/peach. I see myself draining this bottle fast, and using the color in all four seasons. <3

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

4 years ago

I am very surprised to read such low ratings of this polish. This is the only polish I have worn that does not come off in hot dish water. I am constantly doing dishes and it has stayed on with a high shine. It dries very quickly after one application. For such a cheap price, I am more than happy with this product. It is definitely one of the best I have used. I definitely will be purchasing this great polish again and again.

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I have this is "breaking Curfew," which is shade 480. I might break my curfew only because how awfully high maintenance this polish was. I'll admit, I am least comfortable with nail polishes, and I realize dark colors tend to be especially high maintenance. But I even had my sister try to do my nails with this, and neither of us could get a nice, even polished (harhar) look. Mine is not too thick or goopy, but rather SO thin that I have to put on 4+ layers on just to have the lovely deep color that it is in the bottle. AND THEN, even after a base coat, 4+ layers, and a top coat, it was visibly wearing away at the tips the next day. (I washed dishes, for the record. Nothing super intense.) I wanted to love this, because I think the color in the bottle is just gorgeous. The presentation and packaging are quite nice too. BUT considering the time it takes for 4+ layers to dry, I really might as well give myself a French mani, top off with some clear top coat, and call it day. I have NYC and Wet n' Wild polishes that were less frustrating. At ~$6 a bottle? Not again.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

6 years ago

Worst nail polish ever. I should not have to apply 4 coats of what looks like a darker purple polish to make it look somewhat opaque. Thankfully I got it from the dollar store so I didn't pay much for it. If I could have given it a zero rating I would. Only thing good about it is the packaging it looks really pretty and the brush is nice.

About reviewer (177 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

6 years ago

Bought "After Hours" looking for a deep navy (in reality it reads black). Polish was thick and goopy and difficult to apply. I don't know if the brush in mine was defective or if it was this way by design, but it had an angle in the tip that made applying the already difficult formula nearly impossible. Would never, ever buy this brand of polish again. It's nearly as expensive as Essie, but the quality sucks in comparison.

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

I was really disappointed with this nail polish. I'm usually really cheap when it comes to buying nail polish and stick to the $1 or $2 Wet and Wild or Sinful Colors variety but I decided to treat myself by splurging on a $6 bottle of Loreal. I really wish I hadn't wasted my money. The quality of this nail polish is worse than what I would expect from a 99 cent polish. Its extremely thick and sticky, and goes on really streaky and transparent. I think I'd have more luck using elmers glue as a nail polish. Only pluses: good color selection and it dries quickly. I guess I learned the hard way that more expensive doesn't always mean better quality. Very displeased, Loreal.

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

7 years ago

I really wanted to love Loreal's nail polishes but unfortunately the formula does not work well for me. I've purchased three bottles (Penthouse Pink, Love in Versailles, and Walk on the Beach) because I loved the colors they came out with, if the formula was better, I'd even go as far to get all of them! Sadly, they applied really streaky and every time I use it, I would pray something happened and made them "un-streaky" but that's not the case with these. I would always have to apply a coat of glitter or something with texture to hide the streakiness. I loved the packaging, I love gold so I love the gold handle. I would have to give it one star out of five because it did not work as well as I wished it would have but I boost it up a star because I love the colors! And no, unfortunately, as far as nail polishes go, I would not purchase from this line anymore even though the new colors catch my attention. :(

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

I don't know why there are such low ratings but I love L'oreal's nail polish! Maybe the formula has changed recently? But I recently (within the past month or two) have purchased three nail polishes. They are amazing for such a cheap price. Sure you can splurge on those nail polishes above $8 but this is wayyy cheaper. The nail polishes claim to last up to ten days. I have to say maybe up to a week. They dry so QUICKLY~~! Like omg, after one coat, it is dry, perfect when youre done. With that said, the con is that it is pretty streaky and you need at least 3 coats before it is solid and opaque. Pros: Cheap Large color range Dries very quickly (5-10 minutes!!) Cons: only up to 7 days of wear without top coat needs at least 3 coats before it is solid and opaque

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool