MAC Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)

MAC Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)
Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)MAC Brick-O-La Creme in your Coffee SFF NC30

4.5

on 6/26/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is really creamy lipstick. Easy to glide on. Really smooth and moisturizing, and the colour is great but not my favourite, I think I should have gotten a better shade for my complexion. I will be buying a better colour for me tho

on 3/4/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade! It's bold but at the same time subtle? On me it's a mix of red/brown and a tiniest tinge of orange? My lips are quite pigmented and dark by the way. I love how this shade brightens up my face and the staying power is great - a good 4-5 hrs after eating and drinking. You could wear this both during the day and evening (might be a bit bold for pale skin tones)

on 3/4/2016 6:02:00 AM

I wish I bought this earlier. I would put this one in my updated Top 5 MAC lippie list.

Brickola is a beautiful, versatile and unique shade. It's a gorgeous, rosy reddish-brown berry shade. (yeah, it's that sophisticated). You can wear it as an everyday lipstick and even on special occasions. Stunner. It brightens my face just like that. If you want an MLBB red, I recommend that you consider this.

This is a cousin of Craving, when swatched they are somewhat similar in a berry kind of way. They are different by the way, I love them both - but being warm-toned I like Brickola better. I think this would work out on many skintones especially Asian skintones. It's a year round kind of color, unlike Craving which particularly suits me when its cold or raining.

And the finish is good! Not drying, glides like butter but good color payoff! What's not to love about Brickola?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is "very similar" to a color I loved (& still own!) in the late 1990s (not original tube!) called Clinique Berry Freeze (as this color was mentioned in a review below)...to me this IS a brick color reddish brown warmed w a bit of Berry. I did this on a blind buy & uber happy w this. Thanks MUA!! I haven't tried it w a lipliner yet coz I got it recently but I think I have a def winner here! I normally wear pale colors or bubblegum pinks (think mostly nudes & MLBB), anything w brown is a huge hit for me thou, & other than Clinique Berry Freeze I can't think of another dupe off the top of my head. This is almost like a MLBB but darker more intense. Amplified is a kewl finish. This is a catchy name for a neat lipstick! Downtown triple crown!!!!!

on 1/26/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have a problem with this lipstick: it transfers very easily. Many times it just smears all over my face, and since it a pigmented red... well, let's just say that it doesn't go unnoticed.
Color wise, it's lovely. carolannyanne's review was spot on in describing it as "sophisticated" - it's a muted red, with brown undertones and a hint of orange, and it manages to look charming and catch the eye, while not being too obvious and bold. It's a red you could wear anywhere and anytime. I'm n18-nc20 and it's really suiting to my skin tone. If you're looking for a muted red, this is definitely worth a try.
As for the formula, it's amplified finish so it's very comfortable on the lips and opaque, which I really love, minus the transfer.

I won't repurchase as the transfer really bothers me. If you're into this color, Kat Von D's Lolita 2 is really similar and transfer-proof and I prefer it much to this lipstick.

on 11/13/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Brick-O-La is a brownish nude with red undertones. It's an Amplified formula so it's creamy, easy to apply and nicely pigmented.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I took a chance on this one and wasn't disappointed! It's the absolute perfect fall and winter red; it's not too HEY IM WEARING RED LIPSTICK but it's not dull and boring. So wearable, so gorgeous, so sophisticated. It seems to look pretty different on different people though...it pulls red with a bit of brown on me (blonde, blue-eyed, fair-medium neutral skin). I never like reds because they seem too much for my muted complexion, but this one knocked it out of the park.

on 6/26/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this and Hot Tahiti at the same time. They both are pretty much the same color swatched and on my lips. Hot Tahiti just has a sheen (Glaze) to it and doesn't last as long but leaves a pretty stain. Surprised thought that a Glaze would last all morning! I purchased both thinking I can return one if I didn't like the other since they both were pretty similar. The MAC sa says Brick-o-La has more lasting power but I love the sheen and feel of Hot Tahiti! What to do?! Well I decided to keep both!!

Unlike most of the Mac lippies I've purchased that didn't have good lasting power, I wanted something different and this delivers! I never browse the Amplified Creme section at the MAC counter but glad I did. Long lasting, comfortable on the lips, not drying no flaking/feathering on my lips.

Also, most of my red lippies scream, I am wearing RED lipstick today! However this goes perfectly for casual every day, the office, or even a night out! It's summer now and I have no shame wearing this. It's muted, not bright red and it gives my NC40 skin a nice glow, brings out my tan - I am in love. It really depend how you apply them, can be layered or just dab. Currently my hair is light brown, my face is tan, my previous lippies were nude and this look was not working out ladies. I HAD to try something different and this was it!! It's perfect!

on 1/29/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Brick-O-La is gorgeous!!! Brick-O-La is definitely one of the more unusual shades that mac does and if you are a red lipstick lover then you absolutely need this lipstick as it is very unique! On me it's a cranberry red with a just a hint of brown in it. It's not an in your face red either so it is suitable for everyday and for work. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my first). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Brick-O-La lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful rose stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/6/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

A beautiful rosy/berry shade on NC40 through NC45 skin tones. I reach for this whenever I feel the need to be a bit more dressed up and bright in the face. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars since the lasting power isn't as fantastic as most MAC lipsticks (3-4 hours; 5 if you're lucky). Still, I feel like it is worth the money, especially since one swipe gives such opaque coverage.