Shiseido Facial Cotton

Facial CottonFacial CottonCotton Pads

4.7

on 2/21/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product is *fine*. why am I giving it a low rating? I have tried literally every sort of cotton pad out there -- I have super-sensitive eyes and I am trying to be as easy as possible on my eye skin to delay the inevitable crepe-papering of my underlies -- and this is underwhelming for the price. it shreds and leaves little thread-fuzzies in your eyes.

dude, the absolute best cotton squares are Walgreens brand. no joke. super soft, and i never, ever have those annoying stray threads in my eyelashes.

on 2/1/2017 6:02:00 PM

I too bought into the hype of these, like the poster below, I also feel they are so FLIMSY. I'm in my late 40's, gentle with my skin, dont wear matte or heavy foundations, and don't even wear hard core waterproof mascara or products, and I still found that I needed to use too many for my toner/cleansing process. I much prefer a cotton round with a soft side and exfoliating/textured side. I will use them up, but I get more use out of a $2.99 bag of rounds from CVS. They are a decent product, but with oil cleansing I get off most everything anyway before my next step in my skincare routine, these aren't necessary.

on 2/1/2017 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a fan of these cotton squares...I know I'm in the minority here but they are kind of flimsy. I have to fold them in order to use them for toner application. They are an odd shape and the material is weak or too soft. Also, I prefer cotton rounds that have an exfoliating side and a smooth side.

on 1/28/2017 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this as a treat for myself. I didn't expect to love it and repurchase. This cotton is so soft. It is very efficient in holding product to apply to my eyes. No fluff sticks to my eyes when I use it to apply make up remover. This is pricey compared to other facial cottons, but the quality is superior to all the other brands I have tried. After I ran out of the Shiseido cotton I purchased my regular brand of Swisspers facial cotton. I can say the Shiseido requires less make up remover and I can use one cotton round to remove all the make up from both of my eyes. The Swisspers required twice as much product and I had to use two rounds and it did not completely remove all the eye make up. The Swisspers felt so rough on my eye area compared to the Shiseido. I have repurchased the Shiseido. If you can afford the price, I highly recommend it. It is not essential, you could go cheaper, but I find it worth the price for use on my sensitive eyes.

on 1/11/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Soft, great quantity of product . Will be repurchasing for sure!

on 1/11/2017 6:47:00 AM

I recently purchased this after reading about it for the past few years on various websites, blogs and hearing it mentioned in Youtube videos.Honestly.... its worth it. Just go and splurge.

I've tried a range of drugstore options in the UK and Australia, and this is by far the best/softest/nicest that I have used. It doesnt pill, come apart, it doesnt overabsorb the products I put on it, all the stuff I can't stand. Mine came boxed, rather than in a bag? Maybe I bought the small size, but for $8 (AUD) I'm very happy with what I got.

I will repurchase.

on 1/10/2017 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once I discovered this product, it is the only cotton pads I buy. I am on my fourth package. It does not shred, it is thick enough to be used thoroughly.

on 12/21/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Softest cotton pads I have ever tried. They feel great on the skin with micellar water or toners. Gentle for removing eye makeup. I do use a few at a time because they are a bit delicate. The package comes with so many though that I don't really mind using a few at a time, or the higher than drugstore price tag.

Although this is expensive for cottons, it's totally worth it. I don't find it absorbs too much product and it's the perfect size. I have repurchased this numerous times - love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so underwhelmed by these. These are soft, no doubt. But for me, these just seem wasteful for what they are. Sure, they are luxurious. Sure, they are soft. But other than using these to remove eye makeup (which even that I am not that impressed by, I feel like I have to rub harder with these, so what is the point, really?), I am at a loss for these as to what to use them for. If anything I find basic cotton rounds from the drugstore to be more practical and useful. I just feel like I am wasting nice cotton with these. They are sturdy, as they should be. But for me, they just do an 'okay' job, nothing to merit the price tag. These also do not remove my face makeup at all when using a toner, it is just like these are TOO soft and TOO smooth. *shrug* I always seem to be the one who does not 'get' the hubbub over a raved about product, and with this, I won't be repurchasing these. I wanted to love them and I wanted them to meet the hype for me, but in the end I prefer more inexpensive drugstore cotton rounds over these. I just find that the more inexpensive cotton rounds work better for me, and I do not feel as wasteful with the drugstore counterparts. *shrug* To each their own. Again, these are indeed as soft as a baby's bottom, but I just do not get the 'hype' surrounding these cotton wipes. *shrug*

Popular Face Skincare Products