Shiseido Facial Cotton

Shiseido  Facial Cotton
Facial CottonFacial CottonCotton Pads

4.7

Although this is expensive for cottons, it's totally worth it. I don't find it absorbs too much product and it's the perfect size. I have repurchased this numerous times - love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so underwhelmed by these. These are soft, no doubt. But for me, these just seem wasteful for what they are. Sure, they are luxurious. Sure, they are soft. But other then using these to remove eye makeup (which even that I am not that impressed by, I feel like I have to rub harder with these, so what is the point, really?), I am at a loss for these as to what to use them for. If anything I find basic cotton rounds from the drugstore to be more practical and useful. I just feel like I am wasting nice cotton with these. They are sturdy, as they should be. But for me, they just do an 'okay' job, nothing to merit the price tag. These also do not remove my face makeup at all when using a toner, it is just like these are TOO soft and TOO smooth. *shrug* I always seem to be the one who does not 'get' the hubbub over a raved about product, and with this, I won't be repurchasing these. I wanted to love them and I wanted them to meet the hype for me, but in the end I prefer more inexpensive drugstore cotton rounds over these. I just find that the more inexpensive cotton rounds work better for me, and I do not feel as wasteful with the drugstore counterparts. *shrug* To each their own. Again, these are indeed as soft as a baby's bottom, but I just do not get the 'hype' surrounding these cotton wipes. *shrug*

on 10/18/2016 8:29:00 PM

I must be the odd one out because I do not like these at all.
I am always left with little white balls in my face after using them. I also feel like they soak up a lot of my toner. I never have either of these problems with my grocery store brand cotton rounds.

on 10/17/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Shiseido cotton is one of those items that I truly miss when I run out. I've bought it several times and have always been satisfied.

PROS:

I have sensitive skin so I am choosy. Over the years, I've had some disappointing cotton that felt rough or scratchy. Shiseido cotton is soft and gentle, and good quality.

Each individual square stays nicely intact while I use it.

I don't see annoying stray fibers that ruin my manicure or stick to my contact lenses. This is the main reason I no longer buy cotton balls.

Each square is a good size for my usual tasks. I only need one to remove nail polish from both hands instead of the three or four cotton balls I would normally use. I only need one to remove my eye makeup from both eyes. I only need one to apply toner.

CONS:

It comes in a plastic wrapper that you can't re-seal. I get around this problem by transferring all the cotton into glass apothecary jars after I open the package. For travel, I put the cotton inside a Ziploc bag that can be re-sealed.

Men who shave tend to prefer finished edges that won't catch on facial stubble. The edges of these squares are unfinished.

Sometimes you can find packages of cotton squares at the pharmacy for less. However, calculate the cost per ounce of each to make sure. I pay attention to sales which can tip the scales in favor of generic drugstore options, but only when the quality of the drugstore cotton is similar. Otherwise, it's not a bargain.

If you are an environmentalist, you might be against the practice of bleaching cotton to make it white. If you prefer to buy organic, unbleached cotton, Sephora's Purely Pure Organic Cotton Facial Pads are very soft and unbleached. However, they cost a little more.

on 10/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I grew tired of the facial cotton that leaves bits behind on my face (ahem Target cotton). I haven't looked hard enough to find a less expensive alternative, but this is a nice, effective product. I found I was usually using 2 round of the cheap stuff but I can use just one of the Shiseido.

on 9/29/2016 1:06:00 PM

I will never be without these!

on 9/13/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products you just have to try to 'get it'. I picked this up as I had a voucher for my local department store and I was curious. I usually use about 3 round cotton pads from the drugstore to complete my whole cleansing regime. So today, I tried it out and I swear to the gods above... this is just the best decision I've ever made. I used just 1 cotton pad and its such a pleasure to work with! It's soft and comfortable (as usual) but it's also incredibly durable and distributes the product evenly!

If that vague, positive review didn't convince you.. let me just say: if a 100 cotton pad pack from the drugstore costs $2, you use 6 per day; a 165 Shiseido cotton pad pack costs $6, you use 2 per day..... you spend $0.12 per day on drugstore cotton pads and you spend $0.07 per day on Shiseido cotton pads! If that doesn't convince you.. then that's fine too I guess.

OH and I wish they'd change the packaging. Now if you open the pack, it just remains open and I'm just a little bothered by that.

I really like this facial cotton; it gently exfoliates and is perfect for eye makeup removal and anywhere else your skin is sensitive. I feel it is affordable. I do wish that the packaging had a closure.

on 8/1/2016 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I could never understand why people would spend so much money on these cotton pads when normal cotton pads are so cheap until I started working for Shiseido and was given a pack at my training. To say these are amazing is an understatement. As someone who has extremely delicate skin that breaks out in rash around my eyes if I am too rough, these are perfect. They are super soft and don't absorb loads of product. I also think you get way more use out of a single cotton square to take off eye makeup than a regular cotton pad. Usually i only need one cotton square to remove heavy makeup from my two eyes! I've stopped working for Shiseido but will continue to repurchase these.

on 7/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've purchased these in the past when they were in a nice reclosable cardboard box but now they come in a bag which doesn't even have a ziplock on it so I really don't like the packaging anymore. They are nice and better than most but NOT all of the cotton type pads from the drugstore. I have found a dupe- CVS Beauty 360 ultra premium cotton squares 150 count. They cost under four dollars versus nine dollars for the Shiseido. They are the exact same shape and size and are actually a little bit thicker than the Shiseido pads. They are equally soft also and work equally well. So I recommend them to anyone near a cvs who would like a less expensive alternative.

Popular Face Skincare Products