Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.7

on 3/12/2018 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

These are truly as insanely soft as their reputation would have you believe. They also seem to require you to use less product so while they're absurdly expensive, they are value additive. As far as I know, the brand is not cruelty-free, so I took off a star and won't purchase, but on their own merit these really are fabulous. For the price the packaging could be a bit better - the wrappers remind me of Saltine sleeves.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

By far the best facial cotton money can buy. I use this with my micellar water and only need one to do my entire face, eye makeup included. It doesn’t tear, shred at all or leave behind any pieces or fibers. I moisten it with my micellar, do my eyes first (one eye per side) and then wipe the rest of my face. I also used it on my parent’s cat’s eye to clean away discharge after she had a very delicate cornea repair surgery because it is super soft and doesn’t fall apart when least expected.
This is definitly something I will not live without and I feel is worth the price... When I think about it, I’ve paid around $3 US for a tube of “premium” rounds and $4-5 for square pads and end up having to use a second one every time because the first one falls apart. Honestly I stopped using them on my face because I would have to rinse my face off to remove remanants. Not with these! My husband uses exfoliating rounds so I dip into his stash if I need something to dab on an astringent, and use the Shiseido cotton for anything that requires wiping.

I'm definitely in the minority here, but there are better cotton squares than these for a LOT less money, so not buying again. For many years I preferred Cotton Clouds to Shiseido cottons for both price and performance, but Clouds have been discontinued. However, CVS now sells its own branded Ultra Premium Cotton Squares (not the quilted ones, which are awful) that are nearly identical to Cotton Clouds. They are very inexpensive and they pull apart much more cleanly than Shiseido cottons for those times when you don't want to use them at full thickness. And they are just as soft.

While I'm at it, I want to add that I've also tried Muji's cotton squares and they are awful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I never understood all the hoopla over this product until I broke down and tried it. Couldn't be *that* much different from a soft cotton round could it? And the expense! I feel like I wasted so many years with sub par cotton now - the Shiseido squares are incredibly soft and absorbent and can be pulled apart to double the amount with little to no change in efficacy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow!! I never realized how not soft/rough the drugstore cotton pads are! These cotton squares are amazingly soft!! They are so much better than any drugstore cotton pads I've tried!!

You won't be going back to anything else after you've tried these. I'm glad after reading all the great reviews that I picked up a package at ulta

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not, for the life of me, get the hype. Maybe it's because I was spoiled to a different kind of Japanese facial cotton, the little pillow kind from DHC and others. Shiseido only holds up for one use and because there's nothing quilting the layers together, it wants to come apart during that one use! You do get a lot of cottons for your money, so that is a plus. DHC gives you have the cottons for around half the price, but the shipping keeps me from ordering unless I need cleanser as well. Shiseido is available most everywhere, though. I bought two packs during a sale, and I'll be very happy to use them up. So much that I've occasionally used them for nail polish removal. I regret falling for the hype, but at least it's cotton, it won't go to waste.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I never thought I would be reviewing something as simple as cotton pads. But wait, it's not actually that simple... I use to use a makeup wipe to remove my eye makeup, thinking it was suffice enough. Boy, was I wrong. I discovered this amazing liquid eye makeup remover (ahem..Bifesta) and it changed everything. My nghtyl routine required me to use a cotton pad for eye makeup removal. I originally used Swisspers which wasn't bad at all. But I only found them at Walmart and I thought they were a bit rough but nothing too serious. One day at Sephora, I came across these (Shiseido Cotton Puffs) and ***music from the angels cue*** whoaaaaa. These puppies are so soft and I wasted so much less product. My eyes didn't feel raw or painful when removing the eye makeup. I also was NOT left with lint balls on my eyelids or cotton pads breaking apart as I swipe. It was a truly magical experience and I wanted to do it all over again. My eyes whispered that night, "thank you". OK, OK...I know. The price is atrocious and just plain ridiculous! I wish they were cheaper and that I could buy it in a pack of 500 count. But alas, it is not possible. However, just a side note, if you like wondrous cotton pads like these, go to Amazon.com and put in "Organic Cotton Make Up Puff". Very affordable and works just like the Shiseido ones.

on 6/5/2017 2:41:00 AM

Chances are that if you are considering purchasing this, it is because you have sensitive skin and read about how these are the stuff of angel clouds or fairy dusty etc

Good news is that it is definitely softer and less abrasive on the skin than other drug store cottons. That said, if you have extremely sensitive or easily irritated skin like me, it will still irritate if you use a cleansing water and have to wipe your face repeatedly (anything more than 2 cotton squares).

I will still repurchase because other facial cottons irritate my skin a whole lot more. However, I just want to make sure that those considering purchasing this have realistic expectations.

on 2/21/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product is *fine*. why am I giving it a low rating? I have tried literally every sort of cotton pad out there -- I have super-sensitive eyes and I am trying to be as easy as possible on my eye skin to delay the inevitable crepe-papering of my underlies -- and this is underwhelming for the price. it shreds and leaves little thread-fuzzies in your eyes.

dude, the absolute best cotton squares are Walgreens brand. no joke. super soft, and i never, ever have those annoying stray threads in my eyelashes.

on 2/1/2017 6:02:00 PM

I too bought into the hype of these, like the poster below, I also feel they are so FLIMSY. I'm in my late 40's, gentle with my skin, dont wear matte or heavy foundations, and don't even wear hard core waterproof mascara or products, and I still found that I needed to use too many for my toner/cleansing process. I much prefer a cotton round with a soft side and exfoliating/textured side. I will use them up, but I get more use out of a $2.99 bag of rounds from CVS. They are a decent product, but with oil cleansing I get off most everything anyway before my next step in my skincare routine, these aren't necessary.

Popular Face Skincare Products