Shiseido Facial Cotton

Facial CottonFacial CottonCotton Pads

4.7

on 1/11/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Soft, great quantity of product . Will be repurchasing for sure!

on 1/11/2017 6:47:00 AM

I recently purchased this after reading about it for the past few years on various websites, blogs and hearing it mentioned in Youtube videos.Honestly.... its worth it. Just go and splurge.

I've tried a range of drugstore options in the UK and Australia, and this is by far the best/softest/nicest that I have used. It doesnt pill, come apart, it doesnt overabsorb the products I put on it, all the stuff I can't stand. Mine came boxed, rather than in a bag? Maybe I bought the small size, but for $8 (AUD) I'm very happy with what I got.

I will repurchase.

on 1/10/2017 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once I discovered this product, it is the only cotton pads I buy. I am on my fourth package. It does not shred, it is thick enough to be used thoroughly.

on 12/21/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Softest cotton pads I have ever tried. They feel great on the skin with micellar water or toners. Gentle for removing eye makeup. I do use a few at a time because they are a bit delicate. The package comes with so many though that I don't really mind using a few at a time, or the higher than drugstore price tag.

Although this is expensive for cottons, it's totally worth it. I don't find it absorbs too much product and it's the perfect size. I have repurchased this numerous times - love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so underwhelmed by these. These are soft, no doubt. But for me, these just seem wasteful for what they are. Sure, they are luxurious. Sure, they are soft. But other then using these to remove eye makeup (which even that I am not that impressed by, I feel like I have to rub harder with these, so what is the point, really?), I am at a loss for these as to what to use them for. If anything I find basic cotton rounds from the drugstore to be more practical and useful. I just feel like I am wasting nice cotton with these. They are sturdy, as they should be. But for me, they just do an 'okay' job, nothing to merit the price tag. These also do not remove my face makeup at all when using a toner, it is just like these are TOO soft and TOO smooth. *shrug* I always seem to be the one who does not 'get' the hubbub over a raved about product, and with this, I won't be repurchasing these. I wanted to love them and I wanted them to meet the hype for me, but in the end I prefer more inexpensive drugstore cotton rounds over these. I just find that the more inexpensive cotton rounds work better for me, and I do not feel as wasteful with the drugstore counterparts. *shrug* To each their own. Again, these are indeed as soft as a baby's bottom, but I just do not get the 'hype' surrounding these cotton wipes. *shrug*

on 10/18/2016 8:29:00 PM

I must be the odd one out because I do not like these at all.
I am always left with little white balls in my face after using them. I also feel like they soak up a lot of my toner. I never have either of these problems with my grocery store brand cotton rounds.

on 10/17/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Shiseido cotton is one of those items that I truly miss when I run out. I've bought it several times and have always been satisfied.

PROS:

I have sensitive skin so I am choosy. Over the years, I've had some disappointing cotton that felt rough or scratchy. Shiseido cotton is soft and gentle, and good quality.

Each individual square stays nicely intact while I use it.

I don't see annoying stray fibers that ruin my manicure or stick to my contact lenses. This is the main reason I no longer buy cotton balls.

Each square is a good size for my usual tasks. I only need one to remove nail polish from both hands instead of the three or four cotton balls I would normally use. I only need one to remove my eye makeup from both eyes. I only need one to apply toner.

CONS:

It comes in a plastic wrapper that you can't re-seal. I get around this problem by transferring all the cotton into glass apothecary jars after I open the package. For travel, I put the cotton inside a Ziploc bag that can be re-sealed.

Men who shave tend to prefer finished edges that won't catch on facial stubble. The edges of these squares are unfinished.

Sometimes you can find packages of cotton squares at the pharmacy for less. However, calculate the cost per ounce of each to make sure. I pay attention to sales which can tip the scales in favor of generic drugstore options, but only when the quality of the drugstore cotton is similar. Otherwise, it's not a bargain.

If you are an environmentalist, you might be against the practice of bleaching cotton to make it white. If you prefer to buy organic, unbleached cotton, Sephora's Purely Pure Organic Cotton Facial Pads are very soft and unbleached. However, they cost a little more.

on 10/8/2016 12:12:00 PM

I grew tired of the facial cotton that leaves bits behind on my face (ahem Target cotton). I haven't looked hard enough to find a less expensive alternative, but this is a nice, effective product. I found I was usually using 2 round of the cheap stuff but I can use just one of the Shiseido.

on 9/29/2016 1:06:00 PM

I will never be without these!

Popular Face Skincare Products