Shiseido Facial Cotton

Shiseido  Facial Cotton
Facial CottonFacial CottonCotton Pads

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not, for the life of me, get the hype. Maybe it's because I was spoiled to a different kind of Japanese facial cotton, the little pillow kind from DHC and others. Shiseido only holds up for one use and because there's nothing quilting the layers together, it wants to come apart during that one use! You do get a lot of cottons for your money, so that is a plus. DHC gives you have the cottons for around half the price, but the shipping keeps me from ordering unless I need cleanser as well. Shiseido is available most everywhere, though. I bought two packs during a sale, and I'll be very happy to use them up. So much that I've occasionally used them for nail polish removal. I regret falling for the hype, but at least it's cotton, it won't go to waste.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I never thought I would be reviewing something as simple as cotton pads. But wait, it's not actually that simple... I use to use a makeup wipe to remove my eye makeup, thinking it was suffice enough. Boy, was I wrong. I discovered this amazing liquid eye makeup remover (ahem..Bifesta) and it changed everything. My nghtyl routine required me to use a cotton pad for eye makeup removal. I originally used Swisspers which wasn't bad at all. But I only found them at Walmart and I thought they were a bit rough but nothing too serious. One day at Sephora, I came across these (Shiseido Cotton Puffs) and ***music from the angels cue*** whoaaaaa. These puppies are so soft and I wasted so much less product. My eyes didn't feel raw or painful when removing the eye makeup. I also was NOT left with lint balls on my eyelids or cotton pads breaking apart as I swipe. It was a truly magical experience and I wanted to do it all over again. My eyes whispered that night, "thank you". OK, OK...I know. The price is atrocious and just plain ridiculous! I wish they were cheaper and that I could buy it in a pack of 500 count. But alas, it is not possible. However, just a side note, if you like wondrous cotton pads like these, go to Amazon.com and put in "Organic Cotton Make Up Puff". Very affordable and works just like the Shiseido ones.

on 2/1/2017 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a fan of these cotton squares...I know I'm in the minority here but they are kind of flimsy. I have to fold them in order to use them for toner application. They are an odd shape and the material is weak or too soft. Also, I prefer cotton rounds that have an exfoliating side and a smooth side.

on 6/5/2017 2:41:00 AM

Chances are that if you are considering purchasing this, it is because you have sensitive skin and read about how these are the stuff of angel clouds or fairy dusty etc

Good news is that it is definitely softer and less abrasive on the skin than other drug store cottons. That said, if you have extremely sensitive or easily irritated skin like me, it will still irritate if you use a cleansing water and have to wipe your face repeatedly (anything more than 2 cotton squares).

I will still repurchase because other facial cottons irritate my skin a whole lot more. However, I just want to make sure that those considering purchasing this have realistic expectations.

on 2/21/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product is *fine*. why am I giving it a low rating? I have tried literally every sort of cotton pad out there -- I have super-sensitive eyes and I am trying to be as easy as possible on my eye skin to delay the inevitable crepe-papering of my underlies -- and this is underwhelming for the price. it shreds and leaves little thread-fuzzies in your eyes.

dude, the absolute best cotton squares are Walgreens brand. no joke. super soft, and i never, ever have those annoying stray threads in my eyelashes.

on 2/1/2017 6:02:00 PM

I too bought into the hype of these, like the poster below, I also feel they are so FLIMSY. I'm in my late 40's, gentle with my skin, dont wear matte or heavy foundations, and don't even wear hard core waterproof mascara or products, and I still found that I needed to use too many for my toner/cleansing process. I much prefer a cotton round with a soft side and exfoliating/textured side. I will use them up, but I get more use out of a $2.99 bag of rounds from CVS. They are a decent product, but with oil cleansing I get off most everything anyway before my next step in my skincare routine, these aren't necessary.

on 1/28/2017 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this as a treat for myself. I didn't expect to love it and repurchase. This cotton is so soft. It is very efficient in holding product to apply to my eyes. No fluff sticks to my eyes when I use it to apply make up remover. This is pricey compared to other facial cottons, but the quality is superior to all the other brands I have tried. After I ran out of the Shiseido cotton I purchased my regular brand of Swisspers facial cotton. I can say the Shiseido requires less make up remover and I can use one cotton round to remove all the make up from both of my eyes. The Swisspers required twice as much product and I had to use two rounds and it did not completely remove all the eye make up. The Swisspers felt so rough on my eye area compared to the Shiseido. I have repurchased the Shiseido. If you can afford the price, I highly recommend it. It is not essential, you could go cheaper, but I find it worth the price for use on my sensitive eyes.

on 1/11/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Soft, great quantity of product . Will be repurchasing for sure!

on 1/10/2017 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once I discovered this product, it is the only cotton pads I buy. I am on my fourth package. It does not shred, it is thick enough to be used thoroughly.

on 1/11/2017 6:47:00 AM

I recently purchased this after reading about it for the past few years on various websites, blogs and hearing it mentioned in Youtube videos.Honestly.... its worth it. Just go and splurge.

I've tried a range of drugstore options in the UK and Australia, and this is by far the best/softest/nicest that I have used. It doesnt pill, come apart, it doesnt overabsorb the products I put on it, all the stuff I can't stand. Mine came boxed, rather than in a bag? Maybe I bought the small size, but for $8 (AUD) I'm very happy with what I got.

I will repurchase.