MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 6/5/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was matched to this by a SA, and love it for a flushed shade. I'm an NC 20-25 and this has become the only blush I wear. I love it paired with Nars Laguna. A very flattering shade, reached for again and again. Doesn't clog or break me out.

on 3/20/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Someone described this as a rapsberry pink shade and on my nw20, deep winter complexion that is exactly how it wears. I have read a ton of reviews saying it is soooo bright, shimmery, glittery, bold. I don't find any of that to be true for how it wore on me. Unless you dig into this sheertone shimmer blush, it is hard for me to get a ton of color. If you apply like a normal blush, it goes on fine. The shimmer doesn't seem that noticeable or OTT. My problem is with the color, or rather, how it wears on me. I do "warm up" shades once they got on me (pull out orange or browns in shades for examples that have any bit of them in it). This shade just kind of sat there...it did not really brighten, add dimension or freshen up my face. MAC Frankly Scarlet, Desert Rose, Margin...these all work great on me now (I also love NARS Sin). But this is just "nice" on me. I am still playing with it to see if I will keep it or not. But I will say, try this blush on and apply it yourself. I thought this would be a powder version of my beloved Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful II Pot Rouge, but it just doesn't light me up in the same way. It isn't bad, but it isn't fabulous either. I actually find myself having the same issue when I wear UD Rapture blush. Great blushes that are just "nice" on me.

on 9/12/2016 5:17:00 PM

This is such a pretty color and I'm a sucker for pinks. I'm light-skinned with neutral undertones, and prefer a 'natural' or barely-there look for day to day...many blushes are too pink or too orange on me to work with my everyday look, and this one falls in the 'too pink' category...it's a true, bright pink...I think cooler skintones would look better with this. A more muted pink with some peachiness would look more convincing on my face. It would actually work nicely if I want to look properly dolled-up (lovely paired with MAC's 'Please me' lip stick or a magenta lipcolor, plus some eye-make up, maybe false lashes), but I'm rarely ever in full make-up, so it would be a waste to buy this. Still, a very beautiful color. I wouldn't buy it, but if I got it as a gift I wouldn't throw it away. Peachykeen is my go-to blush and is a much better match for everyday wear.

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

My first blush purchase. I wouldn't buy it again just because I should probably explore a little more before settling on one blush. That said, it's excellent. It looks so natural on me that even if I accidentally over-apply, it makes me look like I just had 3 drinks and ran for two miles in 80 degree weather. Needless to say, that's NOT the look I go for, but that's how natural it looks! Normally I apply just a little with my finger, one swipe under each cheekbone, and buff it out a bit. Highly pigmented, so over-applying is easy to do.

Love it! i love the color on my skin, not very pinky just natural. it last hours without retouchin'.

on 3/1/2017 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE, this is so so pretty and another great quality MAC blush. I love this shade so much and it's perfectly pigmented.

This is my go-to blush. It works beautifully with different looks and I think it flatters most skin tones. I am fair and it looks scary in the pan but once applied it is a gorgeous flush of pink on my cheeks. It should be usted with a very light hand because it is really pigmented and if you are not carefull might end up looking like a clown. The color is very buildable and has a slightly shimmery finish. The packaging is ok, it could be better but I can get along with it. I have had mine for the last 2 years, use it almost every day and still have half the product in the pan, so is worth the price.

on 1/24/2015 7:29:00 PM

This is my HG blush. Nothing even comes close to this amazingness. The pigmentation is awesome, the price is ok. The packaging is basic. I can justify the price because it lasts me about 6 months and that's wearing everyday. I have tried other blushes manly because of the price and the fact that the closest MAC is an hour away so I don't get there often but enough is enough! It's just not worth buying all this drugstore blush and it not even coming close. It's official I will always continue to buy Dollymix

on 1/1/2015 12:27:00 AM

Goes on the skin the exact same color as is in the pan. A little (and I mean even a dab) goes a long way. i don't use a brush for this because it deposits too much on my face, especially considering how pigmented it is. I like to use my finger and lightly sweep over it and dab it on my cheeks.

on 1/30/2015 11:10:00 AM

I have fair to light skin with cool to neutral undertones. This color is my favorite blush color to date. Many people raved about Nars Orgasm but that looks muted and orangey on me, not like my particular natural coloring. However, Dollymix is the pink version of Orgasm for us cooler toned people. On me it is a flushed, healthy, flirty natural shade that is perfection with just a hint of shimmer for a subtle glow (I don't like high shimmer/shine or glitter and a lot of mattes can be flat).

This blush is very pigmented so apply with a light hand and build up or you risk the dreaded "clown look" :)

I hesitate to call anything a holy grail but I think this just may be my winter blush version. I will probably use something a touch warmer for summer though. I just purchased it so I can't tell you how it will look with a tan. I will update when I do and if I think it's good for year round.

As for the packaging, I am a minimalist and prefer it without the compact so I can customize. If I wasn't, I'd say the compact is average. It has kind of a dome shape so I think that takes up extra room that it doesn't need to but it's not very wide like most compacts so it's a spacesaver that way.

It's $17 for the .21oz/6g refill pan (my preference) and $22 with the compact, which I don't think is bad at all for a HE product.