MAC Vegas Volt

MAC Vegas Volt

4.3

This is a beautiful shade on my skin tone. More dramatic when applied fully, but also works well when you apply a sheer amount and blend it in a bit. The pigmentation is great, and the slight vanilla scent is undetectable once applied, which is a good thing. I only wish this lipstick to be slightly more moisturizing since the current formula can be a little dry at times, but it's no major problem.

on 12/22/2016 11:50:00 PM

The lipstick I was soo dying to own in years!! Finally! Phew..My bestie got it for me from Harrods. Ok here`s my take. Its appears like cool mandarin -orange, coral and somewhere in between! Im NC37 and this stuff looks really nice on my tan skin but I`d save this shade for summer. As I love brown smokey eye, this color clashes with it. Its too much!! So, this color is perfect for nude eye makeup, just simple black winged eye makeup .. anything else & it would be too loud!!

Pros
Typical candy scent, like all Mac lippies, I do like it
Good enough for office transitions to cocktails, dinners and summer vacays! Yay!!!
Feels soft on my lips on application
No streaking, no feathering stays creamy for hours in fact!
Funnily, this is one of those formulas that lasts after meals

Cons
Things are getting expensive .. the price is just going up 10% all the time
Can be drying cos this is an amplified formula
Does seep into lines in hot temperatures

This is a dupable shade .. any drug store brand will carry this generic shade. But for me it is a collector`s item since this color is always out of stock in Jeddah and equally popular in Seoul. I guess you could say this is a universal shade. Anyways, it does brightens your entire look instantly with just 1 swipe! That's the power of some lipsticks I tell ya!

It's for those days you wanna go makeup free and just need 1 product, then this is it. Wld recommend!

on 9/25/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For all you ladies who have found this lipstick to be too bright or it washes you out, try applying this over red or brick colored lipliner. This lipstick sat in my stash for almost a year after being applied twice when I first bought it as a desperate attempt to make it work. It made my darker jawline look even darker and my skin tone uneven - no matter how much foundation I would cake on. But recently I saw someone try this lipstick over Mac's chicory lipliner and it looked great on her so I thought I'd give it a try. I applied it over my revlon red lipliner and I love how it looks now. Its not as bright as it was but its still a nice pretty coral and it looks great now. The below picture is untouched and taken outdoors in direct sunlight. My face is done very lightly - just some bb cream and mineral powder on top.

Full Size Image

on 9/20/2016 3:07:00 AM

Beautiful, bright coral, but definitely can wear everyday! really brighten my face!

on 9/9/2015 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not quite sure why I purchased this shade. I think after trying on 10 different ones at the MAC store I felt obliged to buy something and I do love getting a new lipstick! I didn't have any coral colour lipsticks so was keen to get one, however I don't think that this one was the right one for me. It comes out complete orange on my lips and I can't see any hint of this pinky-coral that everyone talks about. When the MAC sales person applied it to me in store it looked nice and brought out the blue in my eyes, she applied it very lightly and the lights were sort of dim so maybe I didn't have a good look at it, plus I was eager to just find something I wanted to buy. When I tried to apply it at home it just came out neon orange which is not a good look for me. If I gently dab it on it's a lighter orange which isn't too bad but I'd definitely have to pair it with the right clothes. Also I'm disappointed by the Amplified formula. The lipstick seems to just settle into the creases of my lips and almost looks like the colour is moving out of place. Overall I think this is still a good lipstick but just not on me. I suggest you definitely go and try it on first before you purchase it as it is a very bold colour.

on 8/30/2015 5:23:00 AM

I bought this shade more than a year ago in my attempt to find a dupe or something similar to YSL 52 (also known as YSL Rogue Pur Couture/Rosy Coral). Yeah, this is what the "My Love from the Star" wave did to me. And coral lipsticks have a special place in my heart than any other hue.

Vegas Volt is well, a rosy kind of coral. Bright color, and punchy too! This will suit a lot of Asian skintones. Koreans love this shade. I prefer this applied on me in a "just-bitten" way; you know where you just apply it on the center of your lips and pat it, and get that faded ombre effect.

Some people on Instagram #vegasvolt pair it with red lipliner. It's pretty! But I never tried that so far... hehehe

Sometimes, I apply it fully on my lips. The dissapointment is that it cakes, and it somehow makes my teeth look yellow! Never stopped me from loving it though, that's the purpose of the "just-bitten" application. Overall, this is one of my top 5 Mac favorites!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The PERFECT going out color, it's so bright and vibrant without looking like an old-fashioned bright bombshell red.

on 7/11/2015 2:19:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite lipsticks! The color is very versatile, and ranges from the pinky coral most commonly seen in swatches, to a bright almost neon orange when layered up, to a beautiful pale almost peachy coral when dabbed on lightly. All three of these variations work amazingly with my slightly tanned, naturally pale skin. The amplified formula is my favorite from Mac, highly pigmented and creamy. The only thing is after long wear it does tend to bleed slightly at the edges, and if my lips are going through a rough patch this lipstick does tend to highlight this. But a lipliner and a good balm could easily correct these issues.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful electric coral. My favorite way to wear it is mixed with a little light concealer. I get the prettiest pale neon coral shade that just makes me happy! It has MAC's signature vanilla scent and it lasts all day long. The packaging is very nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! It's a bright in your face coral orange. Super comfortable and hydrating. Lasting time is average. Probably not the best shade (or worst) of orange on me (neutral yellow leaning; N1) but I DONT CARE. I love it anyway. It's so summery and fun!