MAC Up The Amp

MAC Up The Amp

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite lipstick and lip color. My sister surprised me with a Mac makeup set one Christmas, and that is how I discovered this product. I either dab the color and smooth out with a balm for just a tint of the shade, OR I put on my lips fully to experience the vibrance. The application goes on very smooth and buttery. It seems to go on moist, but dries matte, which I like. It stays on pretty well, unless I'm drinking beverages - then the lipstick does transfer to the cup/mug, and I have to re-apply, but this lipstick smells like vanilla, so I do not mind reapplying.

on 5/14/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Yes, this is fabulous! Excellent texture, feels great on the lips and fades evenly leaving a pretty pink stain behind. At first I feared it would look too liliac against my fair skin but it's more wearable than I expected, very fresh and flattering.

on 12/28/2015 12:43:00 PM

love this bright color, i get compliments on the color when i wear it

on 12/4/2015 7:48:00 PM

One of the few mac lipsticks I fell in love with he texture is so creamy and the color is pretty I love this and chatterbox but won't repurchase cause there are many dupes now days and macs prices went up again and maybe for a matte but not for a creamy lipstick that wears down fast after each use its not worth the money. I had a half n half lipstick by mac its the same formula amplified creme and i used it all of 5 times and it was half way gone smh.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this shade. It's nice an pigmented like most MAC lipsticks with the amplified formula, and it lasts a pretty long time on me. The only thing is that on everyone else this looks like a daring, out of the ordinary color, but on my it's pretty natural.. Pretty weird, but this a very beautiful shade, I reach for it a lot.

In LOVE with this color. I also love the formula, this lasts a long time on my lips. I always get compliments, this suits my lighter skin complexion very well. Great for days when I'm feeling a little edgy. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I adore the colour of this lipstick. Purple is my favorite colour so I am always attracted to purpley shades in makeup stores. I wouldnt say this colour is unique.. you could find something very similar or an exact dupe. Revlon's Berry Haute, is an exact dupe for Up The Amp. It's just slightly brighter and I think less glossier. Overall I think this is a great colour and would look amazing on every skintone. I am a NC40 and it suits my skintone well. The only reason I didn't give this lipstick a perfect rating is because (1) there are dupes available for cheaper (2) i dont find myself reaching for it that much because of the glossy finish Other than that, its a great shade to have in your lipstick collection, I'm sure you'll get alot of people asking you what lipstick your wearing when you rock this shade!!

on 7/16/2015 10:04:00 AM

This is one of the Amplified MAC lippies that i love and would repurchase. :) the lavender pinkish color pops and looks beautiful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The formula is excellent and very comfortable. The color is fairly unique. I'd imagine it would be flattering on most people. Lasting time isn't wonderful but it is very hydrating so that's not surprising.

on 6/11/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I own many, many MAC lipsticks. After collecting 6 empty containters, I took them to the MAC counter to claim my free lipstick from the Back 2 MAC program. I had read a lot of online reviews about this color and decided to get it. I wore it for the first time on a date and it stayed on REALLY well. I used this with my "No Bleeding Lips" transparent lip pencil and it worked like a charm. It did not make my lips flake or chapped like a lot of other colors and brands. I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who wants a "pop" of color. The shade works well for all seasons! I LOVE it!