Clinique Apricot Spice

No Image

3.9

on 2/3/2010 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I consider this to be very "pink" (for my warm-toned fair skin) so was surprised to see the name is Apricot Spice. I guess there IS a warm undertone to the pink.

I use this regularly, it's a great "weekend" shadow...not dramatic for going out, but an excellent daytime shadow when you want to look natural, but better. I feel that the pink brightens my eyes and face, especially when I'm wearing neutral colored clothing. There is just enough shimmer without being tacky/glittery; it gives some light to your face.

Also, the silvery packaging is very sturdy and pretty - snaps shut well and looks nice.

on 2/5/2009 11:51:00 PM

I'm a def Clinique fan! This is a soft, feminine color. I have yet to find an all day eye shadow, but I find this lasts longer than the drugstore brands I've tried.

on 2/25/2007 5:08:00 AM

This is a peachy pink shimmer eyeshadow that I wear alomst every day. Looks great on its own as well.

on 7/4/2006 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a peach/pink color that shows up as peach on my skin tone. NC15 bordering on NC20. I use this as a crease color so I end up layering it over an off white/cream color. It goes on light so I need pack it on with a brush for color payoff. The applicator it comes with is useless unless you want a "wash" of color. It is a pretty color with slight shimmer. Great Spring/Summer/Fall color. Really compliments my green/hazel eyes. I wish it was more pigmented though. I do agree with the other posters that says it is sheer. But it does have buildable coverage.

on 5/1/2006 2:48:00 PM

THis is my go-to shadow, when I want to lighten up my eyes. Very subtle, somewhat pinkish, but I love it! I have auburn hair, fair skin and hazel eyes...it goes great!

on 12/13/2007 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was torn between Apricot Spice and Daybreak, but Daybreak wound up being out of stock. Lucky me, becuz Apricot Spice surpassed my expectations! I expected it might be too light, too poorly pigmented, or too whitish, and I had regrets about the impulse buy. Lucky for me, Apricot Spice is a GREAT color on my lids! I use this as both a lid color and brow highlight, and it is gorgeous for both! When I use it on the lid, I like it with MAC Aria in the crease. This creates a nice daytime look. Today, I used Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo with Apricot Spice as a brow highlight. This was another great combo and a nice daytime eye. I like Apricot Spice better than MAC's Naked Lunch, because Naked Lunch really doesn't show up very well on me. Ditto for LM's Sandstone. Apricot Spice is a nice, peachy-pink, soft shimmer e/s that will certainly be getting a lot of use out of me.

on 2/9/2006 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the Color Surge Shadows. They are super silky, easy to blend and richly pigmented. There are several fomulas including matte and the soft shimmer. The soft shimmer shades are not nearly as shimmery or pigmented as the super shimmer shades. My favorite formula is the super shimmer colors. Apricot Spice is a shimmery light pink with silvery shimmer. The pinkness hardly shows up. You just see silvery shimmer. WIsh you saw more pink. Its just a very average shade. Nothing spectacular here at all. Nice for a highlighter but very plain shade. Retails for $13.50 and comes in a silver compact.

on 7/16/2005 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I quite like this shadow. It is a rosy peach with nice shimmer in it. It glides on well, and has a lovely, creamy texture. Only wish it could last longer on. I'm also happy Clinique have updated the package. I much prefer this silver compact to the hideous green stuff.

This is a very pretty color and looks nice with my blue/green eyes. I love shimmery eye shadows, and this does have some shimmer to it. The thing I don't like is that I find Clinique eye shadows don't last long at all. Other than that, it's a very pretty color, nice texture, looks nice alone and is easy to blend with other colors.

on 8/16/2005 10:13:00 AM

Great eyeshadow! Goes on easy, adds nice natural color for a natural makeup look. Not too strong, but gives a good shimmer. Combine it with the Rum Spice shadow for a bolder look.