LUSH Floating Island

LUSH Floating Island

Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Laureth 4, Perfume, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Water (Aqua), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdanum), *Limonene

on 2/7/2017 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't have much to add to the previous reviews except to agree that the fragrance is rather mild compared to other LUSH products, and it is moderately moisturizing. I think it's a good bath melt to use when I want a relaxing bath and don't want to feel super-greasy afterward.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I always have high hopes for LUSH luxury bath oils because I have never tried one I didn't absolutely fall in love with...that is until I tried the Floating Island bath oil. the scent is very mild so for those of you who like very light scents, this one is great for that. However, chances are if you are using a bath oil you are looking for something moisturizing, and that is where this product fails tremendously. I would go for the MMMelting Marshmallow moment instead. I did give it high ratings for the price because each one is under four bucks, so perhaps if you add more than one to your bath you will have better results, but if you are going to do that you may as well get something more effective as they do have a plethora of products that are amazing.

on 5/18/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are super underrated! It's like a bath bomb and a bath melt had a baby! Sooo moisturizing! This one has a very light warm calming scent! Maybe reminds me of vanilla? But isn't ? Idk but I adore! Try it!

This was cool And interesting to watch as I put it in the bath water it swirled around in circles. To me it smelt of vanilla and cake?! Not a scent Id choose for a bath but a bit different.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My ABSOLUTE favorite bath product by LUSH. I've gotten and used over 15 of these babies! Makes my skin so silky smooth, and it smells amazing (to me!). Everyone's smell-preference is different, but this one is my personal favorite.

Usually, I'll only melt half of it in my bath, and then use the other half for a second bath later. I'm someone that takes 15minute baths... 30 minutes MAX. I'm a nurse, and after working 13 hours, a short bath loosens up my back and helps me sleep. My chiropractor says he tells all of the nurses he helps to take a bath every day after work to save/preserve their backs. Now you can see why bath products are so dang important to me. Regular baths will dry you out. The bath melts though, add just the right moisture without making my skin feel oily -- I have pretty average skin. Not dry on it's own... but after a couple daily baths, I feel like I'm gonna crack all over without a little somethin'.(:

on 10/22/2013 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is probably my favourite Lush product that I've tried. It smells nice before you put it in the bath, but once it's in the water it's just amazing. The thing I really like is that it makes your skin feel soft for ages afterwards, and the scent lingers. Some of the other bath melts and bubble bars tend to dry out my skin, which kind of defeats the purpose. It is expensive, but I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you like luxurious bath treatments.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love the oils in this bomb, makes my skin feel smooth after. I cut them in half so the scent is not too strong, definitely buying again.

This bath melt smells of vanilla and a little woodsy smelling. I have a little two kid bath tub in the house were renting right now and usually only take baths when I'm sick or sore. So i cut mine into four pieces. To me floating island is a combination of a bath melt and a bath bomb. It froths a little like a bath bomb making the water very soft but it also melts making the water a little oily. But not as oily as you've been mangoes or happy blooming. It takes about five mins for the 1/4 chuck to dissolve and it does fill the whole bath tub. The smell is extremely light but it does linger on your skin afterwards. This is one of my fav because the smell isn't over powering and my skin is always soft but not oily when I get out. I plan on trying the melt marshmallows one next. With cutting them in four I feel like I get a decent bang for my buck.

on 4/22/2013 10:41:00 AM

Lovely smelling this one! Love it!

on 7/30/2012 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I heard lots of raves about this one, but i don't know if I got a bad one! :( I ordered it in a huge haul from the Lush UK site (don't remember if I ever smelled it in store prior to online purchase) & I was SO looking forward to trying my first bath melt (I'm typically into bath bombs), but this smelled super yuck & gross to me! It smelled & looked like putting a big greyish-whitish clump of clay or playdoh in my bath! :( Pretty unpleasant...Anyone else experience the same weird icky smell??? I only give it an extra point for being moisturizing... I recently got MMM bath melt & hoping it will improve my opinion of bath melts... Otherwise, I may be sticking with my bath bombs and few bubble bars...

Popular Bath Treatments