LUSH LUSH - Whole Store

Filtered by skin type : Other
LUSH LUSH - Whole Store

3.6

I am a LUSH noob so I can say I am so obsessed by their products so many good things! I love how they are environmentally conscious, vegetarian, & concerned about packaging/carbon foot print plus the products contain no preservatives & many natural ingredients. The best aspect is how evthing smells so awesome! I found it a luxury store but ev time I go to the mall I have to buy something there which has been exactly twice since I saw their little stand in Macy's. I almost always make a beeline for MAC so I can say LUSH is life altering (lol!), their products have improved my hair & appearance; & made getting ready from a drudgery to joy using their products. Both times I got samples too!! The SAs are enthusiastic & go the extra mile. I'm obsessed w LUSH it's my newest muse all of my disposable income seems to be going their way! I cannot say enough good things about LUSH the concept is brilliant but the website sux hard to navigate. All of the LUSH products i own I heard of be coz of MUA (free advertising!). NOT gimmicky. Like the real deal!!

on 5/15/2014 10:32:00 PM

I absolutely love LUSH but I have to say that the employees are one of their worst things about their stores. I have only had one good experience with their employees and that was the first time I ever went into lush, the girl was very nice and very knowledgeable. She wasn't overpowering and she didn't try to shove products at me, she also didn't keep bothering me when I was browsing around. Both other times they employees looked like they just rolled out of bed and one girl had absolutely no idea what she was talking about which was really frustrating because I was really curious about a product. The last time I was in I had a very bad experience where I actually wanted to walk out of the store with nothing. There was a guy helping me and all I wanted to do was look around, however he apparently did not think me browsing was except able. He kept following me around and every single time I picked up a product he would jump in and start talking about it. When I actually had a question he had to read the bottle to explain it to me and did not know a thing about it. Overall, not impressed with the employees. I will be returning but I hope they start to train their staff a bit more and teach them proper customer service.

I recieved a Lush gift pack and found the perfume so overpowering I had to put it outside on the deck til I could give it to someone who found the scent attractive. I was so sad as it looked so pretty. So if you are sensitive to perfume this is a brand where you need to check the item personally rather than web shop.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Sometimes I don't know whether to love or hate this shop.

I'll Start with the bad stuff:

From the outside of the one near me you can see blackboard style signs below the windows with quotes from magazine and newspaper reviews such as 'this is about as natural as it gets' well let me tell you it isn't. Lush really isn't that natural at all and isn't very gentle for people with sensitive skin and the majority of the ingredients they use aren't even organic. They claim to use 'safe synthetics' but that really is a matter of opinion if you could even call it that.

There are 3 main bad ingredients in Lush products: Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Methylparaben and Propylparaben. All 3 of these are carcinogenic. There are also a lot of colours which I suspect to be artificial, but I doubt they do any harm. Some of the products also contain a lot of alcohol which is drying and harsh and can cause problems when you go in the sun.

There are much gentler and more natural foaming agents than SLS and even in some brands which do not claim to be natural, SLS is not the first ingredient as it is in many Lush products such as the Shower Jellies and liquid and solid shampoo they sell. Not only is this unsafe but it is also drying and harsh on the skin and hair.

My next complain is the price of the products. It has gone up by around %100 in the last 6 years, if my calculations are correct. The shop appears to be relaxed and casual but it cost as much as high end stuff - especially as many of the products don't last long (Biofresh Masks, Massage Bars) and many are single use items such as the Bath Ballistics and Bath Melts.

The last thing I don't like about it is that they are always blowing their own horn saying how ethical and natural and original and great they are when there are so many other ethical, organic companies who really are truly natural and organic, unlike Lush.

Now to the good:

They don't test on animals - so they say. They're lying when they say they're natural so who knows if this is true.

The shop is unlike any other.

They use less packaging.

Products are fun to use.

Most products smell good.

You can choose your quantity of certain products instead of being stuck with the standard amounts you get at other stores, although they have changed the rules so that 100g is now the smallest. They say that's to keep the products moving and keep them fresh except I'm sure it's to make more money.

You can get samples and each sample comes with a 10% off coupon should you come back to buy the product within 2 months.

They do gift boxes and each gift box comes with a 10% off coupon to use next time you shop there.

Staff are helpful but not pushy.

The only thing is that Lush seems to have lost some of it's magic over the years. Has anyone else felt this?

LUSH is wonderful shop with full of surprises! You can always find a unique, fun products for your mood - they have wide range of products and their face cream saved my skin (and my feeling-blue-days). Shop assistants are also very nice and helpful, without being too pushy.
My friend does not like LUSH because she cannot stand the store's smell, so I don't think this is for everybody, but I love LUSH with passtion!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools