LUSH LUSH - Whole Store

3.2

on 7/19/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I will always back Lush! From the first bath bomb I tried, I've been so set on the fact that I would spend twice the amount they charge for their products. Their variety of products is so flawless, their packaging is the cutest ever. The smell of their Snow Fairy body wash is to die for, and I've tried about 12 of their bath bombs, and I can honestly say not a single one has left me feeling unsatisfied. You literally bathe in sparkles, colour and sensational scents. Yes, their staff is very very pushy, but I've never come across a member who is unfriendly, and they make your shopping experience enjoyable and make you feel welcomed. I save up my money purely just to spend on Lush, it's sooo worth it!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was a Lush fan before they even made it into the US. That being said, they are completely out of whack in pricing. Way too expensive! It's soap bars, not gold bars.
It's almost akin to Aveda. There are so many beautiful organic, great material, handmade shops on Etsy. Why waste money here? The sales people are completely over the edge pushy. I thought it was just one particular store, nope! They all are.
There just comes a time when you ask if it's really worth the steep tag price. The answer is no.

To Read all 149 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/18/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm going to stick up for Lush. In the field of beauty they are unparalleled in innovation and their commitment to animals, good causes and recycling. They raised my awareness of ingredients when l was in my twenties, for which l am grateful. I left Lush products after 5 years, moving onto Burts Bees, which has better ingredients. Then l moved on to high end products that sometimes worked better, sometimes not. Then l found myself craving 'The Lush Life'. Coming back after 5 years meant improving the quality of me and dh's time; we now regularly have massages and baths together with bath bombs. It meant dh discovering shower gel outside of the supermarket and shaving that didn't involve a spray can. He's now interested in buying an expensive razor as a result. I look forward to using the products, so it's not a chore anymore. In an increasingly standardised and homogenised world, Lush defiantly stands out as non-conformist and that's why it will always have a special place in my heart.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a LUSH noob so I can say I am so obsessed by their products so many good things! I love how they are environmentally conscious, vegetarian, & concerned about packaging/carbon foot print plus the products contain no preservatives & many natural ingredients. The best aspect is how evthing smells so awesome! I found it a luxury store but ev time I go to the mall I have to buy something there which has been exactly twice since I saw their little stand in Macy's. I almost always make a beeline for MAC so I can say LUSH is life altering (lol!), their products have improved my hair & appearance; & made getting ready from a drudgery to joy using their products. Both times I got samples too!! The SAs are enthusiastic & go the extra mile. I'm obsessed w LUSH it's my newest muse all of my disposable income seems to be going their way! I cannot say enough good things about LUSH the concept is brilliant but the website sux hard to navigate. All of the LUSH products i own I heard of be coz of MUA (free advertising!). NOT gimmicky. Like the real deal!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ingredients in the products aren't all that, and the sales people are too pushy. I was getting a run down of a bunch of things I definitely couldn't afford, and that I didn't want, by an employee. I can understand if you have to be like that for your job, but jesus slow your roll. When I asked how much a 3.5 oz product that I actually wanted to try was, the sales person told me $10. That is a lot for such a small amount of product, but I was willing to shell out a little to try the product. When I get to the register the product was pretty much double the amount she told me. If you can learn what every single product in the store does, you can learn their prices too. I knew at the register that she definitely lied, and she couldn't even look me in the eye when she saw my reaction to the price at the register as she prepared some free samples. In case anyone didn't know, gold doesn't fall out of my ears when I wake up. I will never return to this store as I have been completely turned off and unimpressed. I could've got a better product for my hair if I made it myself with mayo.

My first time going into lush I was completely overwhelmed and never went back in until my friend who is a total lush lover took me in there and I was obsessed! Sometimes the staff can be a little too much with checking up on the costomers but they are sometimes helpful. Some of my favorite products consist of ( ultimate shine solid shampoo bar, sympathy for the skin, bright side bubble bar and ocean salt face and body scrub! I am totally a lushaholic I know I am because once I went back there and bought more than 2 things both times in one mall outing that lasted only for about 2 hours

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i'm so conflicted about lush after briefly working there. i support a lot of their ethics & think they have a really fun aesthetic, but i can't get on board with their pushy approach to sales & have had bad experiences w/ many of the products. the skin care in particular wreaked havoc on my sensitive face, so it was hard to feel confident in recommending it to customers. it's a confusing brand sitting somewhere between crunchy & luxury & i feel like they think natural ingredients can't be irritating & that's just not the case. i still like some of the body & hair products & think where they really excel is at creating unique & addictive scents. i just wish they didn't make their employees come on so strong; it's uncomfortable from both sides. i'll only be back for the occasional treat & would never work there again.

I think that Lush is really gimmicky, overpriced and their ingredients and the huge amount of fragrance they use are not for sensitive skin. I used to try their products all the time and, for the most part, was disappointed. The only product that I really quite like and would repurchase is the lip scrub.

Edit: I had to take one lippie off, the two left are for the lip scrub only. Lush needs to get their sh*t together and work on formulas that work rather than spend all their energy and money on their gimmicky packaging and advertising. They are ripping their costumers off with these sub par formulas, seriously.

on 1/30/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm still in a honeymoon phase with Lush. I've had an awful year and smelling wonderful things and giving myself the at-home "spa" experience is what keeps me rooted in this world sometimes. I really look forward to using their products.

They're not perfect. I have to rotate a few face cleansers because I can't exfoliate every day. Some of them really can't be used on my face at all due to sensitive, fussy skin. I don't take baths, and I get the impression that their bath and body products are really their strong suit, not their face products.

I would have thought this was an overpriced waste of money in my teens/twenties, but now I look at it as an indulgence. Considering other stuff that seems to do little more than cost a lot and smell good (looking at you, Fresh), this isn't as expensive and smells much better. It's not as perfume-y or expensive as L'Occitane, either. I won't even get into the Bloomingdale's/Barney's/Bergdorf beauty sections. If you think the Lush sales people are pushy... I'm sure it can suck to work there, but so does most retail.

My biggest concern is the longevity.I'm putting everything in the fridge, hoping it'll last longer. I'll be ticked if I deal with a lot of planned obsolescence for this stuff. It seems like the substance of the products and the packaging are kind of geared towards degrading over time, which is lame. If they're going to go bad quickly, these should definitely sell in smaller quantities.

I think as long as you manage your expectations of what you're going to get out of Lush products, they are really fantastic. I'll update if this hypothesis proves to false.

on 10/16/2014 5:50:00 PM

I would like to start with saying that LUSH is an incredible store, they sell quality products that aren't available anywhere else. Whenever I go into lush I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and asked if I need any help, if I do then they're always willing to help, and if I'm just browsing I will tell them I'm just looking and will be left alone. They are always willing to do demonstrations and give excellent advice on products. Very often products are multi use but only one use is specified on the packaging, so the employees there are always able to give advice and so far I've only ever had honest, reliable advice and tips on how to get the best out of the products. For those of you complaining that it's too expensive, why are you bothering with it then in the first place? Good quality products come at a cost, that is the same in every market. I personally work in retail, a totally different type to LUSH and I truly believe the customer service, the products and the store itself are a true representation on successful retail for quality products. Keep up the good work lush employees, don't let anyone put you down.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools