Bumble and bumble Thickening Shampoo

Bumble and bumble Thickening Shampoo

3.2

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Panthenol*, Glycerin, Myristamine Oxide, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-11, Acetamide MEA, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance. *Pro-Vitamin B5.

on 10/10/2018 11:30:00 AM

This shampoo is strange. It seems like it cleans your hair, but strips it too much, doesn't create volume, & my hair looks a bit greasy especially the ends. It's a good thing I only got a trial size bottle. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My hair is medium thick and prone to frizziness yet limp due to the high humidity environment that I call home. Every now and again I like to give my hair that bit of thickening for a special night out or event. I tried this one out straight after the 'Surf Spray' as I'd been mighty impressed with that product.
It's lightweight and smells amazing, and uniquely this is one that you don't have to rinse out and repeat - meaning you can get double the mileage out of it compared to most other shampoos!

Unfortunately though, it didn't do a thing other than dry both my hair and scalp out, and cause the frizz to return with a vengence. I had much better results with the B&B thickening spray which I'll write up about seperately.
Gave this 2 attempts and then relegated to the stock pile of products that didn't quite work out for me.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Used the thickening shampoo and conditioner together, and they left my hair a fuzzy, dried out mess. Maybe these products would be ok if used by someone younger and/or with hair that isn't fine (bc my hair has changed A LOT from my younger days), but they made my hair look terrible. By "thickening," they must mean super frizz; no thanks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Thank goodness I received a sample of this to try, instead of shelling out $$$$$ for it. Why do you ask? Well, this shampoo is VERY drying. It felt like my hair was stripped of all moisture, right after rinsing the shampoo out and especially after blow drying my hair. My hair felt like straw all day and I could barely run my fingers through my hair without getting it caught. Also, I didn't feel as though my hair was *that* volumized, if at all. I think the drugstore has way better volumizing shampoos (for a much cheaper price, mind you!)

All in all, I would not recommend this product.

on 8/15/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received a sample of this... and w/the hard water, health related hair loss (thyroid issues, stop the thyroid madness and ndt treatment has helped w/that thankfully)... this stuff has given me back a fullness and manageability that my hair has been missing for so long. I use the shampoo, and giovanni repairing conditioner with either quench or hairdresser's invisible oil conditioner on my ends (I prefer the quench but spent a fortune on the invisible oil conditioner so i'm using that stuff up it it kills me in the process). I had a REALLY hard time justifying the price... but you really use so much less of this shampoo than others, that it lasts so much longer than you think it will. I don't understand why they make the full size bottles with tops that DON'T COME OFF... If I wanted to refill my sample size for traveling.. I couldn't without cutting the top off of the damn full sized bottle... which I will wind up doing because I'm going to want to get every last drop of this stuff out. It got 1 lippie for that. The ingredients aren't as clean as I'd like them to be... but w/my hair looking as good as it does... I'll take the chemicals in my shampoo and keep going w/the other products I use that are organic and chemical free.

on 7/2/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My hair is so fine, Mickey would lose his mind.

A feather would weigh it down and keep it down for the rest of the day. I've tried a few different "volumizing shampoos" and I feel like this is the one my hair responds to very well. It does become thicker and even takes on a little texture with it.

One thing I've noticed, however, is if I don't use about a quarter-sized amount for my shoulder-length hair is that it can dry my hair out, which isn't a typical issue for my hair.

Now, because I do exercise 6 days a week, my hair does become greasier and finer after the first day. However, much less so than other shampoos/conditioners I've used and I typically don't use anything (hair spray, etc.) to maintain it. It also states it can be used for flyaways, but I don't feel like it does anything on that front. My hair is still relatively frizzy. As far as the other claims of the thinning or limpness, it does do exactly as it states.

The $25/8 oz is a little steep, but as I really like it a lot, I do think I will be repurchasing and most likely in the 33.8 oz form on the Sephora website for a better value.

Pros:

- Thickens hair as it states
- Adds texture
- Available in travel size (2 oz), regular size (8 oz), and jumbo/value size (33.8 oz)

Cons:

- Can be slightly drying
- Does not reduce flyaways

I have baby fine virgin hair that lacks volume and gets oily quite quickly, I thought that I would be exactly the sort of person that this product should work well for. I used the shampoo in combination with the matching conditioner and from the very first wash it made my hair awful! It was very soft and easy to comb through but it looked instantly greasy, limp and lifeless, basically everything I hoped it would help avoid. I doubt I'll use the rest of the bottle so it has been an expensive mistake and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to others with similar hair.

on 3/27/2015 7:34:00 PM

If you have spare money and dont know what to do with it give it to someone who needs instead of buy this shampoo. It is absulately waste of money itself. The cheaper versions are probably better than this. It is like 2 worth shampoo sells as premium price.

on 10/10/2014 4:31:00 PM

I've just finished my first bottle of this and loved it. I have very fine hair so I'm always on the search for volumizing products. I've used A LOT of different volumizing shampoos and so far, this has been the only one that I think actually delivers. It gives my otherwise limp hair more body and volume, nothing miraculous, but the difference is definitely noticeable. Lathers nicely, smells pleasant and is not too expensive either, I got it on Ebay for about 6. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/24/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Bumble products, but I hate their prices. I like this shampoo, and I think it works pretty well for my hair. I have normal hair, but a lot of it! I was told that this shampoo was a good prep for their thickening conditioner. Honestly, I think drugstore shampoos work just as well, so I cannot justify spending that much again.

I have normal hair, but a lot of it! My problem when styling is that it looks great as long as I am inside for the first hour, but then it just falls out.