Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Not a huge fan. Considering Avon is online/ order & deliver, I see no point in ordering these pencils which perform nearly identically to NYX, wet n' wild, or any number of other drugstore brand pencils I can get without the wait. There is also no price advantage. A lower-end drugstore pencil averages between $1-$2, which is about the same price as these. So if the performance nor the price is superior, why would I continue to order? The color and texture of the pencil itself is on the same par as what I already obtain at the drugstore. I really dislike sharpening pencils (of any sort) and much prefer twist-up type, so if I'm going to go out on a limb and either spend more or order something online and wait, it's going to be something with the convenience of the twist-up applicator, and hopeful something with a superior color or texture as well. I am at a loss as to where this is an "ultra luxury" product. It is sufficient - nothing more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have always had very sparse brows. MAC Fling was my holy grail brow product. The thing is, MAC Fling is insanely expensive for the tiny bit of product and I was going through them like water! Always on the lookout for an alternative, I tried this one. It gets 5/5 just for being the perfect shade of neutral taupe, applies smoothly without skipping, tugging or sticking to brow hair and plucking my already sparse brows. I don't get the shiny brow effect because I always set it with translucent powder and it lasts until I am ready to remove it. If it were an automatic, it would be perfect! It still deserves 5 lippies for being MAC Fling dupe at a mere fraction of the cost. I paid mine $1.99 on sale!
UPDATE: December 6, 2012: Blonde is more neutral than MAC Fling which is very cool toned. However I am still loving it. I use it daily and it appears to be wearing down at a rate of one pencil/2 months. Lasting twice as long as Fling at a mere fraction of the cost of Fling. I ordered a half dozen when they were $1.89 in the brochure last campaign. HG

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

First off, I want to say I have this color in Black, I'm reviewing on the blond since they don't have a listing of the black one. I don't use this for my brow, I use it for my waterline/upper lid. I have to say, I dislike this. On the waterline, I say it lasts maybe an hour, before it begins to bleed, and smudge. On the top lid, it's even worse, it lasts all day, but it smudges like CRAZY and by the end of a 9+ hour day, I literally look like a mad woman because it smudges all up on the crease. Ughhh. I like to keep this in my bag, if I want to just pop something in my waterline. But I really wouldn't recommend this due to smudging.

on 8/18/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Several weeks ago I was telling my cousin that I wasn't able to find any brow shadows or pencils that would look good on me. She decided to lend me her pencil (Avon-blonde color) and it looks great. My hair is a dark brown and my brows are dark as well. But using this pencil makes my brows look natural with no fakeness. It fills in the missing hairs on my brows. I have no complains just many thank yous' to Avon.

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

on 6/14/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

MAC Fling is a better color (more subtle) for my thin dark blonde/ash brown brows, but this is much cheaper and so much better for blondes than drugstore "blonde" brow pencils and even Kevyn Aucoin (sp).

Too bad the automatic sharpening version of this color isn't as good on me.

on 12/14/2007 3:48:00 PM

So far, this is my HG brow product. I have medium brown hair (except when I color it darker in the winter months), and it seems to go flawlessly with both. It's a soft, natural color that doesn't look too fakey or drawn on purposefully. I use it to fill in my natural brows and give me that soft, romantic brow look that is currently popular.

It's not too waxy, doesn't smear easily, and isn't too powdery. It goes on smoothly and doesn't seem to disappear like many brow products I have used. Can't beat the price, either!

Popular Brows Products