Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/29/2011 11:20:00 AM

Absolutely love MAC's Eye Brows pencil in both Lingering and Fling to fill in my sparse brows. Currently using Fling as it's a great match to my new blonde hair do, but I'm always keen for trying new items, especially when the price is right. I saw the good reviews for Avon's Ultra Luxery Brow liner and thought with the price tag of less than $5 (compared to MAC at $18) it seemed worthy of trying.
I purchased the shade Blonde and quite impressed with the colour being a medium ashy taupe with no red undertone, and the fantastic pigmentation. Applies easily, but I didn't like that it had a slight waxy texture that seemed to smear and migrate as the day progressed and the formula of this pencil is quite soft and I feel like I'm always sharpening it. What really bothered me was with flash photography my brows looked like they were glistening and super shiny. Really weird and I think it might be the waxyness of this product?? Needless to say I'll only use it when I know I won't be photographed and won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

First off, I want to say I have this color in Black, I'm reviewing on the blond since they don't have a listing of the black one. I don't use this for my brow, I use it for my waterline/upper lid. I have to say, I dislike this. On the waterline, I say it lasts maybe an hour, before it begins to bleed, and smudge. On the top lid, it's even worse, it lasts all day, but it smudges like CRAZY and by the end of a 9+ hour day, I literally look like a mad woman because it smudges all up on the crease. Ughhh. I like to keep this in my bag, if I want to just pop something in my waterline. But I really wouldn't recommend this due to smudging.

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

on 6/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

I just started using a brow pencil and this is a keeper. It isnt to dark and fits my blonde brows quite nicely. The price is good for this and I will continue to buy as it does what I think a brow pencil should do and it lasts a long time.

on 3/22/2009 2:28:00 PM

Absolutely perfect, and dirt cheap to boot! Great shade for blonde to light brown hair types. Easy application, a nice ash shade, what's not to love? Plan to stock up at these prices.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow pencil. I get this in blonde (the lighest shade) and my brows are same color as my hair, a dark ash blonde. It suits my brows perfectly. I have really asymetrical brows, and have to pluck one thinner than the other. I then use this pencil to fill in sparse spots and to even out the shape, and ta-da, I have professional looking brows!! Plus it lasts all day and keeps my brows in shape. I will only be using this pencil from now on. The particular one I have now I found at the flea market for about $2. I've had it for probably six months now and using it everyday, it is about half gone. Awesome product, and I usually dislike Avon products.

Popular Brows Products