Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

4.3

on 2/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Not a huge fan. Considering Avon is online/ order & deliver, I see no point in ordering these pencils which perform nearly identically to NYX, wet n' wild, or any number of other drugstore brand pencils I can get without the wait. There is also no price advantage. A lower-end drugstore pencil averages between $1-$2, which is about the same price as these. So if the performance nor the price is superior, why would I continue to order? The color and texture of the pencil itself is on the same par as what I already obtain at the drugstore. I really dislike sharpening pencils (of any sort) and much prefer twist-up type, so if I'm going to go out on a limb and either spend more or order something online and wait, it's going to be something with the convenience of the twist-up applicator, and hopeful something with a superior color or texture as well. I am at a loss as to where this is an "ultra luxury" product. It is sufficient - nothing more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have always had very sparse brows. MAC Fling was my holy grail brow product. The thing is, MAC Fling is insanely expensive for the tiny bit of product and I was going through them like water! Always on the lookout for an alternative, I tried this one. It gets 5/5 just for being the perfect shade of neutral taupe, applies smoothly without skipping, tugging or sticking to brow hair and plucking my already sparse brows. I don't get the shiny brow effect because I always set it with translucent powder and it lasts until I am ready to remove it. If it were an automatic, it would be perfect! It still deserves 5 lippies for being MAC Fling dupe at a mere fraction of the cost. I paid mine $1.99 on sale!
UPDATE: December 6, 2012: Blonde is more neutral than MAC Fling which is very cool toned. However I am still loving it. I use it daily and it appears to be wearing down at a rate of one pencil/2 months. Lasting twice as long as Fling at a mere fraction of the cost of Fling. I ordered a half dozen when they were $1.89 in the brochure last campaign. HG

on 5/23/2010 5:58:00 PM

I love this brow pencil! I have it in black, and it's perfect. Easy to apply and stays on all day. Avon has sales so often so I get it when it goes on sale for $1.99. can't beat that!

on 6/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

I just started using a brow pencil and this is a keeper. It isnt to dark and fits my blonde brows quite nicely. The price is good for this and I will continue to buy as it does what I think a brow pencil should do and it lasts a long time.

on 8/27/2008 7:56:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this pencil. I have medium brown hair and this gives my eyebrows very subtle color. It does the job without looking obvious. I had been using powder for years because it looked more natural then pencil until I found this. It's easier/faster then powder and still looks natural.

on 12/14/2007 3:48:00 PM

So far, this is my HG brow product. I have medium brown hair (except when I color it darker in the winter months), and it seems to go flawlessly with both. It's a soft, natural color that doesn't look too fakey or drawn on purposefully. I use it to fill in my natural brows and give me that soft, romantic brow look that is currently popular.

It's not too waxy, doesn't smear easily, and isn't too powdery. It goes on smoothly and doesn't seem to disappear like many brow products I have used. Can't beat the price, either!

on 2/20/2007 2:37:00 PM

I love this brow pencil. It goes on very smoothly, and the pencil is not too hard (like Maybelline, which make it difficult to color with) or too soft (like L'Oreal, which would was difficult to sharpen). I bought a sharpener from Avon at the same time and am very happy with it. The blond color is just right for my ashblond coloring.

on 12/23/2006 1:13:00 PM

Got this in brown, but regardless, its the best pencil I have ever used. I used to just use powder, but this is the perfect formula. Its not too waxy, and not too powdery and the dark brown is perfect for us ladies with ash coloured hair, whether its blonde or brown.

Popular Brows Products