Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Not a huge fan. Considering Avon is online/ order & deliver, I see no point in ordering these pencils which perform nearly identically to NYX, wet n' wild, or any number of other drugstore brand pencils I can get without the wait. There is also no price advantage. A lower-end drugstore pencil averages between $1-$2, which is about the same price as these. So if the performance nor the price is superior, why would I continue to order? The color and texture of the pencil itself is on the same par as what I already obtain at the drugstore. I really dislike sharpening pencils (of any sort) and much prefer twist-up type, so if I'm going to go out on a limb and either spend more or order something online and wait, it's going to be something with the convenience of the twist-up applicator, and hopeful something with a superior color or texture as well. I am at a loss as to where this is an "ultra luxury" product. It is sufficient - nothing more.

on 1/29/2011 11:20:00 AM

Absolutely love MAC's Eye Brows pencil in both Lingering and Fling to fill in my sparse brows. Currently using Fling as it's a great match to my new blonde hair do, but I'm always keen for trying new items, especially when the price is right. I saw the good reviews for Avon's Ultra Luxery Brow liner and thought with the price tag of less than $5 (compared to MAC at $18) it seemed worthy of trying.
I purchased the shade Blonde and quite impressed with the colour being a medium ashy taupe with no red undertone, and the fantastic pigmentation. Applies easily, but I didn't like that it had a slight waxy texture that seemed to smear and migrate as the day progressed and the formula of this pencil is quite soft and I feel like I'm always sharpening it. What really bothered me was with flash photography my brows looked like they were glistening and super shiny. Really weird and I think it might be the waxyness of this product?? Needless to say I'll only use it when I know I won't be photographed and won't repurchase.

on 5/23/2010 5:58:00 PM

I love this brow pencil! I have it in black, and it's perfect. Easy to apply and stays on all day. Avon has sales so often so I get it when it goes on sale for $1.99. can't beat that!

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

on 6/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

I just started using a brow pencil and this is a keeper. It isnt to dark and fits my blonde brows quite nicely. The price is good for this and I will continue to buy as it does what I think a brow pencil should do and it lasts a long time.

Love it!! goes on smooth, is lasting, great color, will definately keep using!:)

on 8/27/2008 7:56:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this pencil. I have medium brown hair and this gives my eyebrows very subtle color. It does the job without looking obvious. I had been using powder for years because it looked more natural then pencil until I found this. It's easier/faster then powder and still looks natural.

on 5/28/2008 5:41:00 PM

In my endless search for that perfect ash blonde brow pencil, I have found two high-end (Chanel Brow Definer and Anastasia) and one inexpensive (Ulta brand) that are just the right color and texture to make my sparse, brunette but graying brows look natural against my dark ash blonde hair and cool-toned complexion. I've never had any luck with drugstore pencils, but I can now add another very affordable one to the A-list that is every bit as good as the higher-end products. Color-wise, these pencils are all very similar: light grayish taupe with no yellow or orange tones, but not a straight drab gray. What makes the Avon pencil stand out from the others (besides price) is the texture, as well as a slight sheen that adds a very subtle glistening effect, which turns out to be very natural looking. I wouldn't have known that without trying it since I just assumed brow color was supposed to be totally matte. Also, I have a lot of patchy areas that need to be filled in and pencils often go on unevenly over skin, especially the harder ones that require more passes. I have found that the super thin twist-up types (like MAC Fling) work best for sparse patchy brows like mine, but the Avon pencil glides on very smoothly without crumbling, and blends evenly using short strokes. If I put too much on, I can use a stiff brush to soften the look without removing too much color. (In fact, I've changed the cap out for one of those with a small brush on the end for that purpose.) It's a shorter pencil because there is no spoolie brush on the end, but it has the same amount of product as the more expensive ones. This is definitely a winner for me, and at $1.99 (on sale) my inner frugal self is very happy!

on 5/19/2008 3:13:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer, I have very pale brows, and I've been on a search for the most natural looking brow definer since my teens.
I got this for $1.99USD, and didn't have much expectation for it, as it's nearly impossible to find a true "blonde" brow shade.
I have to say though, it was worth every little penny. It's creamy but not too soft, stays well, works great over my Lumene or UDPP. (Hint for fair browed gals, before putting your brow color on, use an e/s base, it will help the color stay just like on the lids.)
I will definitely repurchase, a product that does what it should for 2 bucks......why wouldn't I? continued >>

on 2/18/2008 9:26:00 PM

I'm Naturally extremely light blonde, and people would always ask me " did you shave//Wax your eyebrows? Seriously where are they?" I'm like, no i'm just blonde, believe me they're there... it bothered me for years, i'm not self concious or anything, it would be nice to have eyebrows. I bought this product with LOW expectations, it went on nice, it didn't look like I took a crayola to my brows, it was natural looking but not to bold. I realy like it.

Popular Brows Products