Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Not a huge fan. Considering Avon is online/ order & deliver, I see no point in ordering these pencils which perform nearly identically to NYX, wet n' wild, or any number of other drugstore brand pencils I can get without the wait. There is also no price advantage. A lower-end drugstore pencil averages between $1-$2, which is about the same price as these. So if the performance nor the price is superior, why would I continue to order? The color and texture of the pencil itself is on the same par as what I already obtain at the drugstore. I really dislike sharpening pencils (of any sort) and much prefer twist-up type, so if I'm going to go out on a limb and either spend more or order something online and wait, it's going to be something with the convenience of the twist-up applicator, and hopeful something with a superior color or texture as well. I am at a loss as to where this is an "ultra luxury" product. It is sufficient - nothing more.

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

on 1/29/2011 11:20:00 AM

Absolutely love MAC's Eye Brows pencil in both Lingering and Fling to fill in my sparse brows. Currently using Fling as it's a great match to my new blonde hair do, but I'm always keen for trying new items, especially when the price is right. I saw the good reviews for Avon's Ultra Luxery Brow liner and thought with the price tag of less than $5 (compared to MAC at $18) it seemed worthy of trying.
I purchased the shade Blonde and quite impressed with the colour being a medium ashy taupe with no red undertone, and the fantastic pigmentation. Applies easily, but I didn't like that it had a slight waxy texture that seemed to smear and migrate as the day progressed and the formula of this pencil is quite soft and I feel like I'm always sharpening it. What really bothered me was with flash photography my brows looked like they were glistening and super shiny. Really weird and I think it might be the waxyness of this product?? Needless to say I'll only use it when I know I won't be photographed and won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

First off, I want to say I have this color in Black, I'm reviewing on the blond since they don't have a listing of the black one. I don't use this for my brow, I use it for my waterline/upper lid. I have to say, I dislike this. On the waterline, I say it lasts maybe an hour, before it begins to bleed, and smudge. On the top lid, it's even worse, it lasts all day, but it smudges like CRAZY and by the end of a 9+ hour day, I literally look like a mad woman because it smudges all up on the crease. Ughhh. I like to keep this in my bag, if I want to just pop something in my waterline. But I really wouldn't recommend this due to smudging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty standard wax brow pencil, which must be sharpened. The color is a nice taupe blonde, and it wears well. This pencil goes for $6, but can usually be found for under $2. One pencil lasts me about 4 months, because it is softer and takes more product to give the desired effect than my favorite brow pencil (Merle Norman Definitive Brow Pencil in Taupe). However, I would repurchase again just to have a backup brow pencil in my traincase.

on 6/18/2009 8:03:00 PM

I just started using a brow pencil and this is a keeper. It isnt to dark and fits my blonde brows quite nicely. The price is good for this and I will continue to buy as it does what I think a brow pencil should do and it lasts a long time.

goes on smooth, lasts, the color stays, and I will definately keep using .

on 6/14/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

MAC Fling is a better color (more subtle) for my thin dark blonde/ash brown brows, but this is much cheaper and so much better for blondes than drugstore "blonde" brow pencils and even Kevyn Aucoin (sp).

Too bad the automatic sharpening version of this color isn't as good on me.

on 2/18/2008 9:26:00 PM

I'm Naturally extremely light blonde, and people would always ask me " did you shave//Wax your eyebrows? Seriously where are they?" I'm like, no i'm just blonde, believe me they're there... it bothered me for years, i'm not self concious or anything, it would be nice to have eyebrows. I bought this product with LOW expectations, it went on nice, it didn't look like I took a crayola to my brows, it was natural looking but not to bold. I realy like it.

on 12/14/2007 3:48:00 PM

So far, this is my HG brow product. I have medium brown hair (except when I color it darker in the winter months), and it seems to go flawlessly with both. It's a soft, natural color that doesn't look too fakey or drawn on purposefully. I use it to fill in my natural brows and give me that soft, romantic brow look that is currently popular.

It's not too waxy, doesn't smear easily, and isn't too powdery. It goes on smoothly and doesn't seem to disappear like many brow products I have used. Can't beat the price, either!

Popular Brows Products