Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have always had very sparse brows. MAC Fling was my holy grail brow product. The thing is, MAC Fling is insanely expensive for the tiny bit of product and I was going through them like water! Always on the lookout for an alternative, I tried this one. It gets 5/5 just for being the perfect shade of neutral taupe, applies smoothly without skipping, tugging or sticking to brow hair and plucking my already sparse brows. I don't get the shiny brow effect because I always set it with translucent powder and it lasts until I am ready to remove it. If it were an automatic, it would be perfect! It still deserves 5 lippies for being MAC Fling dupe at a mere fraction of the cost. I paid mine $1.99 on sale!
UPDATE: December 6, 2012: Blonde is more neutral than MAC Fling which is very cool toned. However I am still loving it. I use it daily and it appears to be wearing down at a rate of one pencil/2 months. Lasting twice as long as Fling at a mere fraction of the cost of Fling. I ordered a half dozen when they were $1.89 in the brochure last campaign. HG

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

on 3/22/2009 2:28:00 PM

Absolutely perfect, and dirt cheap to boot! Great shade for blonde to light brown hair types. Easy application, a nice ash shade, what's not to love? Plan to stock up at these prices.

on 8/27/2008 7:56:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this pencil. I have medium brown hair and this gives my eyebrows very subtle color. It does the job without looking obvious. I had been using powder for years because it looked more natural then pencil until I found this. It's easier/faster then powder and still looks natural.

on 5/28/2008 5:41:00 PM

In my endless search for that perfect ash blonde brow pencil, I have found two high-end (Chanel Brow Definer and Anastasia) and one inexpensive (Ulta brand) that are just the right color and texture to make my sparse, brunette but graying brows look natural against my dark ash blonde hair and cool-toned complexion. I've never had any luck with drugstore pencils, but I can now add another very affordable one to the A-list that is every bit as good as the higher-end products. Color-wise, these pencils are all very similar: light grayish taupe with no yellow or orange tones, but not a straight drab gray. What makes the Avon pencil stand out from the others (besides price) is the texture, as well as a slight sheen that adds a very subtle glistening effect, which turns out to be very natural looking. I wouldn't have known that without trying it since I just assumed brow color was supposed to be totally matte. Also, I have a lot of patchy areas that need to be filled in and pencils often go on unevenly over skin, especially the harder ones that require more passes. I have found that the super thin twist-up types (like MAC Fling) work best for sparse patchy brows like mine, but the Avon pencil glides on very smoothly without crumbling, and blends evenly using short strokes. If I put too much on, I can use a stiff brush to soften the look without removing too much color. (In fact, I've changed the cap out for one of those with a small brush on the end for that purpose.) It's a shorter pencil because there is no spoolie brush on the end, but it has the same amount of product as the more expensive ones. This is definitely a winner for me, and at $1.99 (on sale) my inner frugal self is very happy!

Popular Brows Products