Honey

image 1image 2image 3

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Honey, propolis (some versions)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've started using honey with some cinnamon to dab on to the pimples that come up from time to time. I find it works really well and within a few days it's gone. Even for those nasty cystic pimples! I just mix a very small amount of both and use a toothpick to apply. I try to leave it on at least twice a day for 20 mins.

on 5/31/2016 9:31:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. It lookied like it was working and making my acne disappear. Then my acne got radically worse. To this day, I'm not sure whether that was because of the stress I was under at the time or because of the honey. I do think it was the honey, though, because I stopped using it and my acne got better (full disclaimer: that wasn't the only change I made. I also started to drink more water and I purchased a higher-end skincare routine from Biotherm).

To Read all 626 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have had a lot of success using honey as a face wash and as a hair treatment. I still need to try it out for other things as it seems to do a lot!

on 3/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I mix honey with baking soda for a gentle exfoliant. I keep it in a air tight container in my shower, it keeps well for weeks. I don't make large batches at a time. I love this exfoliant and have used it for years. Smell beautiful, tastes like honey comb leaves my skin feeling soft and never dry.

I mix honey with lemon juice to lighten my skin. I result is slightly lighter skin tone with out the drying effect of lemon juice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I decided about a year ago to start going all natural with my skin care. I have sensitive skin to the point that I can't use any product that has chemicals in it. Even washing my hands with regular soap dries it out. I started using raw honey in my everyday regime as a twice daily wash. I love it!! It has helped my skin and makes it feel super nice. This is a wonderful product and will continue to use it for my acne skin!!

on 3/7/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I use honey mixed with oat flour (Bob's Red Mill brand) as a mask, and it's so soothing! The oat flour exfoliates as well.

on 3/7/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like the honey thing. It's not miracle like but I feel it is helping to calm my skin down a bit and it feels really good. I do this in the morning really often because in the evening I have to take of my makeup with my oils.
I also feel like it reduces my blackheads a bit and it makes me feel really fresh in the morning.
If you start using hones - maybe don't expect miracles but it is absolutely worth trying.

Just an fyi, i used raw honey in a mask and my face started feeling itchy and i kept sneezing like a maniac. i washed it off and had red welts all over my face. obviously an allergic reaction but i can eat normal (processed?) honey fine so just do a patch test ladies, so that your previously clear face does not end up red and irritated :(

on 12/29/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure how I came to use honey as a face wash. I stumbled across a blog discussing it and as someone who likes to experiment with natural products I decided to give it a whirl. I am using raw honey morning and night. I wet my face and smear a fingerful on, leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse off with cold water. I then dab a speck onto my pimples to stay on overnight.
I have been struggling with angry red pimples that take forever to heal for a while now. I'm sure they are a result of breastfeeding
(crazy hormones/baby sucking the life out me...). It's only been 3 days but right now I am considering throwing away all of my skin care products. It has been such a dramatic and awesome change in my skin!! Its soft, moisturised with even skin tone and happily, the angry little skin invaders are all nearly gone. Suffice to say this is one majorly chuffed chick.

on 12/23/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

inspired by all the positive reviews, i decided to give honey another chance. used it so long ago, forgot why i stopped.
now i know why - my very sensitive skin still too sensitive for honey.
i used organic raw honey, made by bees in the loving care of our friends, took a very small amount and mixed it with evoo. warmed up between fingers and patted gently over face.
feels good, smell delish. happy for about 2 minutes. then, burning and itchiness starts. waited another minute, but burning sensation intensified, so i had to wash it off with cool water.
still continued stinging and even patting with a very soft towel felt painful.
though it does not work for me. i am happy it works for so many of you. moi, i will stick with eating raw honey in the morning :)