Estée Lauder Illusionist Waterproof Mascara

No Image

3.4

on 4/3/2009 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Illusionist waterproof mascara hoping it would provide some measure of definition and volume. I can't rate curl holding, since my lashes curl naturally. I found that Illusionist did little to give my sparse lashes volume, and gave me the opposite of definition. So I wound up with sparse yet spidery lashes. To top it off, it's waterproof so it cost me quite a few lashes to remove. I do not recommend this mascara.

on 5/29/2008 1:24:00 PM

Don't get me wrong I liked the product and it did make my eyes looks amazing, but for the price it is, it wasn't enough. I've bought many mascara's, some more expensive and some really cheap. For the money this was, I expected more.

on 7/14/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first ever mascara that works for my dead straight Asian eyelashes. It curls the lashes without the curler. Great mascara, longer lashes, dries really fast, no clumps, stays put for the upper lashes but not the lower. The bad thing is that it Smudges and flaky, and it also makes my lashes really dry and really hard to wash off.

on 7/4/2006 9:38:00 PM

A waste of money! I don't normally wear waterproof mascara, but decided to try one over this summer, as I sometimes go to the beach. The mascara does not curl or volumize. All it does is stiffen all my lashes, which were in great condition before!. It smudges slightly during the day, other than that, nothing spectacular about this mascara. Will never repurchase this mascara or any of the Estee Lauder mascaras...A waste of money!! Will stick to my favourite, all time mascara, YSL Volume Infini Curl mascara.

on 5/20/2006 12:44:00 PM

I love this mascara because it lasts all day long, and it really lengthens and curls my lashes. After using a lash curler and putting this on, I even had to trim my lashes a little! LOL. Just make sure you use a good eye makeup remover at night. The only reason i would not buy this again is that I need something that will give me more volume, not so much length.

on 10/30/2005 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this mascara...I really did. But instead this mascara did nothing for me, disappointing enough. I would rather use Vincent Longo Curl mascara if I was to splurge, but my favorite is Le Grande Curl mascara by Loreal...too bad it's discontinued!

on 8/20/2005 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I a sample of this as a gift with purchase and was pleasantly surprised. This did a great job at lengthening my lashes and without clumps! My the time I was down to the end of the tube, what remained was getting kind of thick and clumpy, so I'd imagine you may not be able to use all of a full-size tube before having to toss it out. I probably wouldn't purchase this simply because when it comes to mascara I am not willing to pay department store prices.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good waterproof mascara. I don't notice any flaking, and it definitely stayed on during my 5 hours outside on the hottest day of the year. I just hate the price. Yuck. I paid over $20 for this, and I don't think it's worth that much. I would only buy this mascara again if I really had to.

on 3/15/2005 1:51:00 PM

HG FOUND! I'm very excited about this :), can you tell? I ahve short lashes that are fairly blond (and I'm a brunette, so it looks strange) and I've been on a mascara hunt since high school. After reading Paula Begoun's recommendation and then trying every drugstore mascara (and a Lancome one, too) out there, I finally gave in and plunked down my $21 for this mascara in Black. Worth. Every. Penny! It really does curl, lengthen, darken, and define without clumps. It takes a bit of patience and a few coats, but the result is well worth it. AND it really is waterproof - lasted wonderfully through a bout of hormone-induced sobbing. AND I put it on at 5 am (yes I have a long commute) and don't take it off until 9 pm and it still looks almost exactly the same - curl and all. AND when I do take it off, it rinses cleanly with my normal face wash - no separate makeup remover and scrubbing required. WOW! That's it, this is hands-down my everyday mascara. I'm keeping my High Impact/Magnascopic samples around to use with a eyelash curler for big nights out when I need the falsies look, but for everyday in the office and out and about, this is it!

Well, I paid 16 pounds for this because I had to purchase something in order to get my brows groomed at the brow bar in Selfridges in London. It definitely wasn't a good deal because I could've gotten this for 20 bucks in canada! argh! Anyways, this mascara doesn't really curl my stubborn stick straight eyelashes but it does hold the curl after I curl them with a lash curler. It doesn't clump and even after a swim, my eyelashes don't turn straight. It's quite the hassle to remove as well so I'm not sure if I'd reccomend it. There's probably better mascaras out there.