Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.4

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 5/25/2017 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Best cream. Been using it on & off for years

on 11/19/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my second attempt at using glycolic acid. My first time using it was with 20% glycolic pads for my very troubled skin and i never noticed a difference besides a bit of drying and stinging.

I have very acne prone skin, i always have at least one cyst or a couple big angry zits on my face at a time. When searching for a foundation to cover my acne, the rep suggested i try this to get rid of my flakes (sometimes my nose just starts peeling off lol) so my foundation would go on better.
The first morning after was so amazing! I had no flakes and my skin felt smoother. I still had breakouts but this really helped my foundation look better longer. It doesn't help my existing zits, once they are there, theyre there, but i really think it reduced my breakouts.

I started out using it everyday for a week and then whenever my face started flaking up after that because i noticed it could cause rough skin from irritation around my jaw. I am also covered in clogged whiteheads and these brought them to the surface as blackheads which i can way more easily extract.

As time goes on i notice it works less and less as my skin adjusts so im going to try using it once a week or less, just around my time of month when things get really bad. It's also very important to wash off the dead skin and oil on your face the morning after with this product!! It really does make a difference. Keep your skin clean and that will give the product a chance to work.

Also side note, i noticed in the beginning i would get tiny little whiteheads where i had blackheads before that i could easily extract but i think that was a sort of purging, and, they were so tiny that once i extracted them the skin was smoother.

on 10/18/2016 8:39:00 AM

I'm not sure what I am not doing with the 94% of others who chose to repurchase. I bought this based on seeing stellar reviews but regret to say that I'm a part of the minority who have had their face ruined by this lotion. My skin has been known to being resilient to products so it has surprised me that within the first week of using, I started to get huge cystic pimples that I've not had since my teen days. Being stubborn, I stuck out with this until the end and for the past 4 months, have endured a battle of acne that left my face scarred and ruined. So badly that my mum even mentioned how bad my chin looked. I would never ever buy or use Neostrata even if this was given to me for free!

I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with this product. Note: Got this after running out of Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic Acid Hydrating Gel
LOVE:
-The glycol acid amount is perfect for my skin type
-Fragrance free and hasn't made me break out
-Don't need an additional moisturizer. With PTR, in winter I would have to apply a heavier cream at night.
-Half the price of gel I used to use (which is also no longer purchasable in Canada.)

HATE:
-Not a fan of the texture. It is sticky and I have to wash my hands right after applying it. Also feels heavy during humid summer nights. With the PTR I rubbed any excess into my hands and was good to go. This occasionally makes my skin feel itchy. Like when you spill sticky syrup on your body.
-I prefer the ingredients in PTR because it has Vitamin C, E, and A plus aloe on top of glycolic acid. The ingredients for this are not as natural.

Overall, this is a good product for sensitive skin and it does what it says at a reasonable price. I will not repurchase it though because the texture really does bother me and I found PTR to might be worth the higher price tag based on my personal preferences and needs.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product if you are looking for a gentle exfoliant cream. If you have sensitive skin (like I sometimes do) this works well and won't irritate you. I like the fact that there aren't any weird scents. Very expensive product but if you don't care about money, give this a try.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this! Got rid of my frequent breakouts and made my skin look clearer and more refreshed. I must state that I began with the 5% one first (this is advised by Neostrata to begin with so your skin can get accustomed to the glycolic acid. Lots of negative reviews on here are more than likely caused by the individual simply beginning with a stronger AHA than their skin can handle) and in 2 weeks I switched to the 10%. My acne is gone and blackheads that I couldn't get out finally came to the surface (yay!).
I only used the 5% once a day and I still got great results. I would recommend the 5% one to people who are just starting with glycolic acid.
I am using the 10% about 4× a week.
I do this because I have sensitive skin and I also use Vitamin C serum so I do not want to combine the two treatments.
I totally prefer glycolic acid to retinol. I have tried very mild retinol creams (beginning slowly of course) and gotten the worst breakouts and most painful cystic acne of my life. My skin never adjusted to it and for those of you with the same problem, give glycolic acid a try instead.
One lippie comes off for the price in general. It's overpriced and some would say that getting fillers/botox would probably be cheaper in the long run. Also, my face stings/tingles a little with the product sometimes but that is a common side effect of glycolic creams and peels.
Regardless, a decent product that works well to clear up blemishes and brighten up the complexion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the newest version of the cream (purple label, white pump bottle)

This cream smooths out my skin out like no other! I'm already using some products that help with acne scars but after adding this really helped speed up healing, especially for my shallow pitted scars.

If you don't have much experience using AHAs/ glycolic acid you might want to avoid using too much. I use a lot of different acids, peels, and retinol but if I apply too much of this cream I still feel a bit of stinging.

Definitely going to repurchase this :) I like this even better than their glycolic toning solution

on 9/30/2015 4:08:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this cream...i don't find a suitable cream for my face easily... I'm acne-prone with sensitive skin... But so far i found that aha is perfest for my skin, but not this cream... Unfortunately, it stings alot when i apply it on my face and makes the cheek area next to my eyes very sensitive to touch... And after a few failed attempts i had to give up on this cream and i switched to another cream which was great ...

on 7/24/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lotion in the hopes that it'll clear my back as I've been having back acne for years, sometimes it gets better but never goes away. I started to use this a week ago. Every night I asked my husband to apply it on my whole back after shower (and in shower I used a gentle brush to scrub my back). Just a few days later, it worked! I can't really see my back but the skin felt smoother and according to my husband, it also looked visably better as well with less breakouts and the old dark spot lighter.

I'll continue to use it on my back and look forward to the results in a couple of months!

on 7/17/2015 6:28:00 AM

I can't believe that this moisturizer has such good reviews! I bought it a month ago and I use it just three times. Second time my face broke out. I never had acne and my face was always clean. I just wanted a good exfoliator and I choosen Neostrata because was easy to buy it (close store to my house). I didn't check the ingredients before and this was a big mistake. After my face was full of pimples I verified every ingredient and almost half of them have high comedogenic risk ( all of them are in the first two rows, so the percent is big enough to cause trouble). Here are not so many reviews and not all of them are great, but is hard to believe that around 40 people are happy with this trash. My husband told me that is posible to be paid reviews and all the great reviews are just fake. Maybe he is right, maybe not, but take care what you buy and check ingredients before! My skin is not sensitive and I never had such a reaction 'till now. This was a lesson for me and I will never repeat the mistake.