Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

3.8

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

No just no instead it made my skin oilier, upon applying this cream my face instantly feels fresh but after 4 hours i totally look like a glazed doughnut.

This product is amazing! It has worked miracles. My skin is now so soft it has cleared up all the bumps on my cheeks and I hardly ever break out anymore. I have had this product for like 4 months now and there is still lots of product left in the bottle, it lasts for ages! The only annoying thing about this product is that the packaging is really bad.

on 1/24/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially, the lotion will cause some stinging to those with broken skin - i.e. pimple scar, etc. As I've got eczema coupled with extremely uncontrollable acne, I use this product twice a week . With everytime that I use it, I'd always wake up to noticably smoother skin.

Price wise, it costed me AUD32 from a pharmacy. It is a little exxy in my opinion, however, the results are indeed what the packaging promises.

on 5/19/2007 10:27:00 AM

I bought this cream after hearing all the raves about it on the australian vogue boards... I have to say I'm impressed! I was a little surprised on how small the jar was when I first opened the box, but I have to say that you don't use much of it every time... and about $32AUD is much cheaper than the price I paid for clinique's turnaround cream which did nothing.

I have to say I am proof that this cream does something. I had really bad acne breakouts a few years back - I'm talking about the cystic type, and it has left me with both icepick and those reddish acne scars. I also had a bad bout of congestion on my cheeks which I could deal with since they're only visible up close. I also have an oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks and a normal chin :D (yes...normal chin!!)... Now, the first time I used this stuff, it stung a little which I could handle, however it was the smell that got to me. It REEKED for the first time, however after 3-4 nights, I got over the smell and sting and swore to stick to this to see results.

I applied it the night I bought it... and the first day I woke up, my skin felt smooooooooooth as silk. Too bad that feeling left when I washed my face, but every night I am eager to apply the cream to feel that smooth feeling. I do not use this product on my nose because I still feel my nose is a bit oily and this product leaves a little bit of a greasy film on my face for the first few hours of application... so if you're going out I suggest you skip this cream for that day/night :)

I think I have used this cream for around nearly 2 months? I can saftely say most of my congestion is gone, and my reddish acne marks are actually fading - which I would have expected the turnaround cream to do, but was dissapointed. With this neostrata cream, I can actually see that my face colour is beginning to match my neck (ie. no red splotches and scars!) Of course my icepick scars still remain - I believe there is no cream that can rid of those... maybe go and get facials or something when I am older... =(

Just a note... I use no cleanser (I know.. bbaddddd!!!) and use clinique's anti-blemish gel for the occasional zit. I do not use neostrata smoothing cream in the daytime if I'm going to uni because of the shine factor (ever so slightly greasy film), so I use clinique's DDML for a moisturiser (can you tell by now I'm also a clinqiue fan? haha)... so basically I use neostrata as a moisturiser at night... I think it's not as drying as the lotion version.

That's all I can think of for now...sorry for the really long review but I just really think that people should try this. I'm not sure about fine lines and wrinkles since I don't have any of those, but those who do not currently have active acne and are looking for something to try and rid of those scars, I think you should give this a try!

Edit (31-5-2007) : Just a quick update... this morning my dad was like "... why is your face looking so smooth and clean today?..."... :O Made my day ^^

SECOND EDIT: Okay, so after running out of a cream, I bought the lotion since I was meaning to purchase it before the cream. I have to say WOW. The texture is so much nicer, and it seems to sink more readily into the skin! It doesn't smell as foul (imo) and it eliminates that 'oily' film I was describing earlier... I can actually apply it in the daytime when I go out now because it actually feels more like a primer than anything... I can put my concealer over it, and it seems to make my skin feel super smooth instantly. I think I'll be sticking to the lotion formula from on now! The cream still did my face good though :D